Ensign
Just came back after a haitus and decided to try the Romulan side finally. 3 days of playing for just a couple hours a day and I've made it to level 33 doing the main story line only.

I've so far encountered more than a dozen missions that are total suicide-rinse-and-repeat quests because the mission design is so lame and shallow that it's compensated for by having TONS and TONS of mobs to slow the player down via repeated deaths rather than actual gameplay.

I've also encountered 5 missions where it is really easy to replicate a mission breaking bug that results in having to start completely over.

Thank you Perfect World for all this low quality content. Please, send more bugs and garbage content!

P.S. Uninstalling until I get an email announcing some fixes and patches have been issued.
Republic Veteran
# 2
07-14-2013, 08:18 PM
I didn't have much trouble not dying and I didn't have to start over once because of some bug.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-14-2013, 10:10 PM
I'd be interested to hear where you had trouble. Then again, I'm always interested in such things...
Captain
# 4
07-14-2013, 10:10 PM
INB4LOCK!!!

P.S. OP, I quit threads are now allowed courtesy of forum rules and EULA.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
# 5
07-14-2013, 10:48 PM
Don't let the airlock catch you on the way out.
Click here to visit our website

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunasto View Post
Banned because I don't like your pictures eyebrows! They look like pinball flippers!
Ensign
# 6
07-15-2013, 12:44 AM
I agree with the repetition part, once the Elachi part of the story starts it seems to just be wave after wave of enemies. Candle in the Wind is a good example of the repetition- it's not hard, just really bloody boring.

Oh, and spare me the "I did it in 5mins on elite in a T'liss with mk1 beams and no torps!", I have no interest in the size of your epeen.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-15-2013, 01:45 AM
Hey!

...No torps is viable given you're not hitting the 6-7 beams 'limit' with most not-endgame ships.
Ensign
# 8
07-15-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seitei1 View Post
I'd be interested to hear where you had trouble. Then again, I'm always interested in such things...
Memory Lane has a yard with a stone wall/fence around it that can easily be gotten into on purpose or on accident but cannot be gotten out of. I end up in there twice and had to restart the mission twice. The first time was due to me sprinting along and leaping the wall thinking it would be a shorter route than going around. The second time I got flung in there by a grenade.

The most recent one I had was in the mission Devil's Choice in which I got tired of all the rinse and repeat identical fights I just started going into rooms and dropping my turrets then tabbing out while my squad handled the obnoxious idiotic fights 5 vs 30 fights on their own. In one of the rooms this cost me a death that had me respawn on the other side of that room resulting in me being unable to get back into the room because the door to that room would not open.

Then comes the mission Best Defense. The massive Shuttle Dogfight started out pretty fun to say the least. Even out numbered 4 to 1 it was enjoyable. Until those freaking Walkers came into play. It begs the question why the Starships in orbit are just up there doing nothing. In the year 2000 we have the technology to put a missile through a Hoola Hoop at over 200 miles without touching sides. Almost 600 years later they can't hit something the size of an apartment building from half that distance to provide support fire. Given the difficulty involved in that mission it may as well be a 20 to 1 fight or more.

To the epeen elitists that swear you never die during that mission, I want a video.
Ensign
# 9
07-15-2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlosanar View Post
Then comes the mission Best Defense. The massive Shuttle Dogfight started out pretty fun to say the least. Even out numbered 4 to 1 it was enjoyable. Until those freaking Walkers came into play. It begs the question why the Starships in orbit are just up there doing nothing. In the year 2000 we have the technology to put a missile through a Hoola Hoop at over 200 miles without touching sides. Almost 600 years later they can't hit something the size of an apartment building from half that distance to provide support fire.
It's only 400 years (2409), but your point is taken. What's hilarious about that is how weak those walkers are. If I can take them out in a weak-ass standard shuttle, one high-yield torpedo from my Valdore should do it.

The story was getting interesting with the infiltration of the Tal Shiar (I was really hoping that would be the direction a romulan faction took as it would've offered a varied gameplay option.), but then it was just dropped and we get sent to Nimbus, a **** planet from a **** movie.

I myself encountered two bugs in Best Defense. One is random immobilisation, meaning I'm at full throttle, with normal engine power (or even at full impulse) and I'm not moving, with a listed speed of 0. The allied shuttles are also affected by this bug. This happens seemingly at random, though thankfully it didn't happen in combat.

The other bug is that for half the mission, the allied squadrons don't respond to the threat, and the command buttons along the side are missing. I ended up taking on two waves of shuttles and two walkers on my own. Needless to say, it took a while.

Oh, one more thing, despite playing on normal, I somehow got an injury on my ship.