Career Officer
# 11
07-14-2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post

So yeah, my support for merging the queues isn't about supporting FvK - it's simply about supporting PvP...
thx for pointing on it quite simple, i not have been clear on that . but till then fvk needs some love (even though today the q's popped quite quick on klink-side).
had a blast match on my rommie against some fleeties from my klink fleet today. my fed-puggies all left after about 3 mins ... but no matter what: we had a nice, and for me very busy match ending 15/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by timezarg View Post
'War games' mean nothing.
we're doing nothing but wargames due to most q fvf only/the ending of a match changes nothing in that "war" i read about...

Klink: House of Beautiful - J'Luc / Rommie: Lag Industries - D'Waste
Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)
AND DON'T TOUCH OUR DIL!!!

Last edited by wast33; 07-14-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Captain
# 12
07-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timezarg View Post
The war exists 'on paper'. That is, Cryptic has decided to keep it hanging out there while the KDF and Federation conveniently 'join forces' to fight various 'bad guys' (ridiculously easy PvE opponents). I would like it if Cryptic were to make up their minds and officially decide whether there's an actual war going on or not. Right now it's in limbo.

That's why I said 'supposed' to be at war. Before mixing the queues, Cryptic needs to decide whether the war is actually continuing or not. . .and if it continues, they need to start designing content to reflect that

I'm personally in favor of keeping the war going and seeing more of it. I like it for PvP purposes, it makes for better competitiveness. 'War games' mean nothing.
But that's the thing, even FvK is nothing more than a war game. Outside of personal meaning it may hold for somebody, it's no different than FvF or KvK. Nothing changes because of the queues. There's no bonuses for anybody, there's no territory changes, there's nothing...they're casual queues...pew pew, wheeee!

If they were to flesh out the neutral zone as mentioned - create another sector - allow folks to fight over worlds in a Ker'rat type instance, etc, etc, etc...hey, that would be another thing. (Would be a pretty nifty thing, imho - wink, wink, nudge, nudge - hey Cryptic?)

But as it stands, FvK is Fed/F-Rom vs. KDF/K-Rom... they'll be adding the Cardassians, Liberated Borg, and who knows how many other "factions" down the road. There could easily come the time where there are no Feds nor KDF in the majority of FvK matches.

If folks want to maintain the semblance of the war, then they'd likely need to organize such for themselves. Get together all the like-minded folks, get some sort of ladder system going that tracks territorial control, play out the matches, record them, submit them so an official winner can be declared without any arguing/etc, and go through to track the wholeshebang...cause it doesn't look like Cryptic is going to do it.

Because honestly, and this is just recent personal experience, the last time I did three Arenas - I had 2x FvF and a FvK. I saw a total of four Fed ships and zero KDF ships - Romulans, Tal Shiar, Jem'Hadar, Tholian, Cardassian, etc...course, er...I was there in my Breen Chel Grett. My main Fed flies a Chel Grett and my main KDF flies a JHEC...my eventual overall main will be the Reman in the Fleet T'varo.

Outside of players making the effort to coordinate actual FvK gameplay, FvK's already dead...it's just another war game queue...three war game queues, why not merge them so we can get more game types, etc, etc, etc?
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 13
07-15-2013, 12:41 AM
I'd love a queue where no teams can be planned ahead of times. So every time you queue up, you have random teammates. That would probably make PvP very fun. But that's a personal wish which will never happen but will likely get me flamed. Some feds don't wanna team up with kdf and vice versa due to canon reasons of course lol.
I want an official persistent officer title.
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
UFP Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Empire Veteran
# 14
07-15-2013, 12:41 AM
A merged queue needs to happen, if only so that KDF fleet groups can mix it openly with their Fed counterparts and KDF PVPers don't have such a long wait. Call it "Omega Force Wargames" if you want it to make sense in-game; by all means put in some logic to group KDF, Roms and Feds onto one side as far as possible... that should keep everyone happy.

And while they're at it? Put something in so that PUGgers can avoid premades if they choose. I suspect that's a big disincentive for a lot of casual PVPers.
Captain
# 15
07-15-2013, 02:19 AM
Hear, Hear! Merge the Queues!

And World Hunger!

And make a new PvP game-mode!

(the last two are about equally likely to happen)
----
@DevolvedOne

Last edited by skurf; 07-15-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Career Officer
# 16
07-15-2013, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by staq16 View Post

And while they're at it? Put something in so that PUGgers can avoid premades if they choose. I suspect that's a big disincentive for a lot of casual PVPers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skurf View Post

And make a new PvP game-mode!

(the last two are about equally likely to happen)
i fear one quote answers the other . though i also think premades are another reason for some to hop out, but that's not the topic in here . that also can appear on fvf, so one step after the other plz.

to merge fvk and fvf should not be to hard to implement and also would open the way to more modes, as virus already stated.
the seperation just no longer makes sense with rommie toys in fvf, so: plz let us all play in the same sandbox.
let my klink team up with my fed-mates who doesn't run a klink at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staq16 View Post
Call it "Omega Force Wargames"
i like that. at least it would be much more honest than the "war" we got right now ...

edit for canon lovers: klinks fighting side-by-side with rommies against feds who are fighting side-by-side with (wait a sec) remans ^^ .... regarding this canon had been shot at least by lor i guess...

Join Date Hoster: Dec 2011 - Join Date Symbiont: 1403 A.D. and not a dull moment
PLZ ADD MARKS-TO-CHOOSE PACKS AND AFK/LEAVER PENALTY TO PVP PUBLIC QUES (not privates!)

Last edited by wast33; 07-15-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 17
07-15-2013, 06:47 AM
I totally support merged queues, especially since it is hard now to even tell if you are in FvK or FvF, given that half the ships are Romulan/Jem Hadar.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Rihannsu
# 18
07-15-2013, 06:51 AM
merged queues= more fun for all. maKe IT so
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Career Officer
# 19
07-16-2013, 06:01 AM
so.... i see most in here seem to agree that the q's should be merged. regarding to the poll cryptic took last year pvp-improvements been on place 3 in that poll and we already got klink-and rommie content.

so the next update is about pvp? is it? i'll believe it if anyone can point on an official statement to this. anyone already got further information?

until that i'd liked to see more fed-premades in fvk. give em a challenge...
to get more in there it at least may would help if spawncamping would be banned by klinks as dishonourable behaviour (of course as well on fed-side, where it also does happen ) .

Captain
# 20
07-16-2013, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wast33 View Post
so the next update is about pvp? is it? i'll believe it if anyone can point on an official statement to this. anyone already got further information?
The last I heard, PvP improvements were being tacked in with overall endgame improvements - so that it wasn't so much about PvP improvements, as much as just touching up endgame. Of course, lol - with it having gone from PvP to PvP/Endgame...it's not hard to imagine the next step would be PvP/Endgame to Endgame where the PvP is forgotten about again.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin