Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Downloading Arc
07-16-2013, 12:00 PM
We are excited to announce the next testing phase for Arc, our incredible, easy-to-use platform that has been created for you! Read more for details.

Click here to read more.
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Rihannsu
# 2
07-16-2013, 12:09 PM
For me? Really? Oh, you didn't have to... Especially since I don't want it...

I really hope this won't end up being yet another useless client that runs in the background in addition to running the game, resulting in more computer memory usage...

And what about Steam users? Will they have to use Steam client to run an Arc client to play the game...? Oh god forbids they use some kind of Raptr app on top of that as well...

*sigh*
Career Officer
# 3
07-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Will Arc be updated to be the client through Steam? I already play most PWE games through the STO client (show all games option), through Steam.
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?
Commander
# 4
07-16-2013, 12:10 PM
Arc is almost certainly coming now...
Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
Bleed Green and Gold
Rihannsu
# 5
07-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Call me a noob. But can arc work on my Kindle Fire HD?

__________________________________________________ _______________
I like pie.
__________________________________________________ _______________
Career Officer
# 6
07-16-2013, 12:23 PM
"...starting this Thursday, July 18th, new players registering to play STO will be downloading the Arc client first before jumping in-game."

So they must download Arc first, before a new user can play STO? Correct?

From this forum thread(page two namely)....it's was optional.....I'm not holding Brandon's feet to the fire on this one, because things change, and he's just the messenger....

Now if the post from today(16 July 2013)reads as plainly as it appears - now new users must download Arc first.....

Step 1) Completely Optional
Step 2) Optional for everybody pre 18 July 2013

And what's the logical conclusion I wonder?*eyeroll*......All users must start using this?...Eventually?

Edit: The above made sense in my head.....train of thought kinda thing......
Edit 2: Also went back and read the first Arc thread people are confirming the above conclusion
Sound of Interstellar Space

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

Last edited by thumpyecho; 07-16-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Career Officer
# 7
07-16-2013, 12:26 PM
Boo. I don't need any more bloatware on my PC.

Porthos is not amused.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
07-16-2013, 12:27 PM
I reject this move. I already have the desktop launcher client for patching my game (and neverwinter), why would I want or have to download a steam-ish client before I can play STO?

Players could already download it and play it via Steam. this is enough or many of us. I'm therefore against the Arc Client. Don't need it, don't like it, don't want it. I'll update and play STO from the desktop patcher/launcher that I've been using since 2012, thanks.
Lieutenant
# 9
07-16-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegepark2151 View Post
Boo. I don't need any more bloatware on my PC.
Agree, 1 more thing that could go wrong.
first impression, looks like steam client.
Career Officer
# 10
07-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
For me? Really? Oh, you didn't have to... Especially since I don't want it...

I really hope this won't end up being yet another useless client that runs in the background in addition to running the game, resulting in more computer memory usage...

And what about Steam users? Will they have to use Steam client to run an Arc client to play the game...? Oh god forbids they use some kind of Raptr app on top of that as well...

*sigh*
"O hai, I heard you don't like launchers. So we put a launcher in your launcher, so you can run a launcher while you're running a launcher in a launcher in a launcher"

Sigh. Is this a contest, PWE? To see how much more out-of-touch you can get with your player base? WHO ARE YOU COMPETING AGAINST?!
Closed Thread