Former PWE Community Team Lead
Hi Captains,

Feel free to post feedback about your Arc download and STO install experiences here -- the Arc team will be watching this thread closely and looks forward to reading the feedback!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
07-16-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
All current Arc users will soon be able to enjoy exclusive offers and giveaways
Just out of curiosity, is this like the raptr give away or are we talking more along the lines of bonus zen/c-store discounts? I know you cannot give details, I'm just looking more for a sense or angle of this comment.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 3
07-16-2013, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Just out of curiosity, is this like the raptr give away or are we talking more along the lines of bonus zen/c-store discounts? I know you cannot give details, I'm just looking more for a sense or angle of this comment.
More details will be provided to Arc users once they are available Also, let's also keep this thread for feedback about the download and install experiences. Thanks!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lieutenant
# 4
07-16-2013, 01:23 PM
I've already installed ARC when it first came out and it has never read that I have STO already downloaded. It shows that I have Neverwinter but that's it. How do I fix this?
Empire Veteran
# 5
07-16-2013, 01:24 PM
does this mean that STO will no longer be available to play/Download on STEAM???
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
07-16-2013, 01:25 PM
If I download this, do I need to redownload STO? or can I link my existing install into Arc?
Career Officer
# 7
07-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Is there an ETA on when Arc will patch and launch STO/CO/NW/future Cryptic games directly?

When I tried Arc in May, it was just an extra resource hog that didn't make launching Cryptic games any easier. It's been uninstalled since then and unless it either auto-updates Cryptic games or has a button for it to start updates directly it's not likely to be reinstalled unless the regular launcher is disabled.

Also, there was a major problem with it not detecting Cryptic games when it was installed forcing a full reinstall of the games that took up extra space on my HDD. On the whole, Arc was no end of aggravation for little to no gain in my experience.
Captain
# 8
07-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rori View Post
.. it was just an extra resource hog that didn't make launching Cryptic games any easier.
Here is my Feedback.

I have Steam, I use Steam when forced ... I will used Arc if forced and its a big if and I am getting tired of all the Steam wannabes, I am not going to flood my registry and my HDD with a bunch of useless launcher programs because Steam.
Former Star Trek Online Player
Rihannsu
# 9
07-16-2013, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

Feel free to post feedback about your Arc download and STO install experiences here -- the Arc team will be watching this thread closely and looks forward to reading the feedback!
Is there a link somewhere that tells me about this Arc thing that I might provide feedback? I didn't see a link in the OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotter5 View Post
If I download this, do I need to redownload STO? or can I link my existing install into Arc?
I wonder about this too. Please advise.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 10
07-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spotter5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Is there a link somewhere that tells me about this Arc thing that I might provide feedback? I didn't see a link in the OP?

I wonder about this too. Please advise.
No, It will detect your current STO/NW/Champs/etc games.

Last edited by burstdragon323; 07-16-2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: typos