Captain
# 21
07-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Oh great my computer died about a week an half ago, new hard drive means i need to reinstall STO and now arc! So guess what boys and girls.... steam here i come!
Rihannsu
# 22
07-16-2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
First, we want to test it out, add new features, make sure people like it, and, above all else, grow it into something that players want to use because it legitimately improves the overall game experience.
No launcher is gonna "improve" my STO experience. And if you want to make sure I'm gonna like it, then make it completely optional, as my gaming experience surely doesn't involve pointless clients using up even more of my CPU memory.
Ensign
# 23
07-16-2013, 12:53 PM
Should I be worried that the icon for Arc immediately made me think of Aperture Science?
Ensign
# 24
07-16-2013, 12:57 PM
The only thing that would make me switch from using steam is if the Arc overlay browser has bookmarks. Which it doesn't look like it does.
Career Officer
# 25
07-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
I'm betting the major factor behind this is older PWE games, Champions, and Neverwinter probally are not meeting their mark according to PWE standards and they are hoping by investing time in "Arc" that it will bring the animals into their low player base games that no one would ever spend a dime on.
I think you may be spot on, though I would imagine this is coming from PWE, not Cryptic. The only thing forcing me to use an additional client/usage spy will do is cause some serious consideration of whether STO is still worth playing. I am absolutely no more likely to spend anything on the 15 fantasy anime clones PWE already has.

Porthos is not amused.

Last edited by collegepark2151; 07-16-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Captain
# 26
07-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Yeah aperture science really had their employees wellbeing in mind!
Lieutenant
# 27
07-16-2013, 12:59 PM
"For our existing players, nothing is changing at this time."

I don't want your bloatware. I love STO. I may not be a career officer but I have spent money on this game. However, if you attempt to force this program down my throat, I will leave.
Empire Veteran
# 28
07-16-2013, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
No launcher is gonna "improve" my STO experience. And if you want to make sure I'm gonna like it, then make it completely optional, as my gaming experience surely doesn't involve pointless clients using up even more of my CPU memory.
LOL, there was another game that the name is censored in these forums that did this and they made it where you basically cannot play their game anymore.

Basically this thing is gonna be like launcher problems + new season problems all wrapped into one that is mandatory.
Commander
# 29
07-16-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Arc is here. Are you are referring to the possibility that it may be required in the future? If so, we'd love to eventually evolve Arc to the point where it is fully integrated in all of our games, but we're simply not ready to do that yet, as we're still in the experimental, early development phase. First, we want to test it out, add new features, make sure people like it, and, above all else, grow it into something that players want to use because it legitimately improves the overall game experience.

Regarding existing players*, my quote from the other thread when we introduced it still holds true:

*Do note that if you uninstall the game and need to reinstall, or get a new computer, you will need to download Arc to install and launch STO.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I was talking about the possibility of it being required for everyone. You say you're not ready but it's quite obvious that's the path that pwe are taking.
Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
Bleed Green and Gold

Last edited by packer3434; 07-16-2013 at 01:05 PM.
Captain
# 30
07-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Regarding existing players*, my quote from the other thread when we introduced it still holds true:

*Do note that if you uninstall the game and need to reinstall, or get a new computer, you will need to download Arc to install and launch STO.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Bran, let me be abundantly clear:

The instant you require a secondary program installed on my machine I will be leaving STO permanently. Forcing a third party application on people will not win PWE any friends.
Closed Thread