Captain
# 11
07-16-2013, 12:41 PM
So, Feedback:
It's about what I'd expect from a Steam/Raptr Clone, but the ability to buy zen in the overlay looks nice. No money to test it with, though.

The biggest hurdle I think it will face is the fact that the Arc overlay overrides others, like TS3Overlay. Also, the developers need to make sure that the RAM footprint of Arc is as small as possible.

As a final thought, DO NOT make Arc a requirement. There will be people who don't use this type of program, don't force them.
Career Officer
# 12
07-16-2013, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
No, It will detect your current STO/NW/Champs/etc games.
Ok...I have CO, STO, and NW installed in a directory other than the default directory. I just reinstalled Arc and it didn't detect ANY of them. So if you installed the games to their regular directories on the C: drive you should theoretically be fine. If like me you keep your games installed on a different drive, don't bother with Arc unless you feel like doing a fresh install. Even trying to change the download directory didn't force Arc to detect the games I have installed.
Captain
# 13
07-16-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rori View Post
Ok...I have CO, STO, and NW installed in a directory other than the default directory. I just reinstalled Arc and it didn't detect ANY of them. So if you installed the games to their regular directories on the C: drive you should theoretically be fine. If like me you keep your games installed on a different drive, don't bother with Arc unless you feel like doing a fresh install. Even trying to change the download directory didn't force Arc to detect the games I have installed.
Ok, so it only detects the Default Directory. The developers are gonna have to add a dialog to let us point to our install directories.
Ensign
# 14
07-16-2013, 12:54 PM
So, will this Arc Thing be mandatory? If yes.... well... f.... then i have to start the game via the exe. I hate all this launcher stuff. Steam, Origin, UPlay, now the Blizzard Launcher and this.... Great more thing to use up system resources...
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

Feel free to post feedback about your Arc download and STO install experiences here -- the Arc team will be watching this thread closely and looks forward to reading the feedback!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
DO NOT WANT.

If this becomes a requirement, I will no longer play STO. I do not allow this sort of thing on my computer.
Career Officer
# 16
07-16-2013, 01:06 PM
I have found that ARC launches my STO in less than 1/4 the time that Steam does. It seems much more efficient in that aspect. As a result I now use ARC to launch my STO.
Ensign
# 17
07-16-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Also, the developers need to make sure that the RAM footprint of Arc is as small as possible.
Right now the program itself uses 45 MB ram, with the Arc Browser taking up another 117 MB on my system. If the ingame browser could be disabled I dont see it becoming a huge problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rori View Post
I was able to install Arc on the same drive my games are installed on and it detected them just fine after I restarted Arc.

Quote:
As a final thought, DO NOT make Arc a requirement. There will be people who don't use this type of program, don't force them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by distantworlds View Post
DO NOT WANT.

If this becomes a requirement, I will no longer play STO. I do not allow this sort of thing on my computer.
I also wouldn't like to see it become mandatory in order to play STO.

I do like that Arc immediately logs you in when it opens the STO launcher.
KingPin
08-11-2008
Career Officer
# 18
07-16-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm using Steam and I will be using Steam.

Have no interest whatsoever in this cheap knock-off.

Is this enough feedback?
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

Feel free to post feedback about your Arc download and STO install experiences here -- the Arc team will be watching this thread closely and looks forward to reading the feedback!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I really, really liked how easy it was to install, and that it found STO by it self on my computer, and that I did not have to do anything. At first, I was a little afraid that it would be as slow and bad as Origin, but this is way better. When I logged in for the second time, it took me to present STO and it gives good options for both playing and buying ZEN, and more.

One confusing thing is that when I launched it the second time, my computer is asking for promission to run the installer. Thinking is was "beta" i agreed, and to my complete happiness, it did not install... just start up the program. Might wan?t to check that out, though.
First impressions: VERY IMPRESSED!
First bug: Program thinks that I want to install it again when I open it, but once it?s open, no problems so far.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoscola View Post
I really, really liked how easy it was to install, and that it found STO by it self on my computer, and that I did not have to do anything. At first, I was a little afraid that it would be as slow and bad as Origin, but this is way better. When I logged in for the second time, it took me to present STO and it gives good options for both playing and buying ZEN, and more.

One confusing thing is that when I launched it the second time, my computer is asking for promission to run the installer. Thinking is was "beta" i agreed, and to my complete happiness, it did not install... just start up the program. Might wan?t to check that out, though.
First impressions: VERY IMPRESSED!
First bug: Program thinks that I want to install it again when I open it, but once it?s open, no problems so far.
No, strike that. THIS IS FANTASTIC! And I can access the forums without it opening by browser. Ohhhhh....
But an "check for game updates" button might be nice...
Truly guys... Impressed!