Cryptic Studios Team
# 11
07-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post
Are these ranks permanent, reset each mission, or reset each time you exit and re-enter red alert?
Ranks will be reset under any of the following circumstances:

- A pet is destroyed.
- You change maps.
- A content trigger forces a remove/refresh of all active effects on your character (this very rarely, if ever, actually happens. But it theoretically could, so best to mention.)
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 12
07-16-2013, 03:53 PM
Seriously guys, when are you going to fix the honor guard armor....?
Captain
# 13
07-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
They reset when destroyed or on map transfer.
Does each pet gain rank separately, or do they gain rank as a group? If the latter, then I assume that when one pet in a group is destroyed, the remaining pets in the group retain their rank.
Rihannsu
# 14
07-16-2013, 03:56 PM
If the carrier commands work, and the AI actually advoids warp core breaches, I think this might turn out for the better. I would think that it woule be better to ahve a sort of sliding scale, so that pets get to the current level fairly quick, but then it takes longer to get to five. Also, are pets going to have some version of full impulse, or if I'm going to sprint across the map I should just recall them?

And you added squirrels? Like Earth Squirrels? Pics?
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Lt. Commander
# 15 what of pet AI fix
07-16-2013, 03:57 PM
what about pet AI fix...mainly kdf pets

ferjai's bop ..any pet that uses cannons instead of beams has ..pardon my language a "****ty" AI.,

they almost never shoot the front cannon but use turrets..and just circle the target in angles not allowing an effective fire solution on their part .

the ferjai is especially handicapped like that as unlike drones. mesh weavers and bug pets , it takes them forever to use their tricobalts even though they are not on CD .
Ensign
# 16
07-16-2013, 04:04 PM
Sorry, but I'm reading this as yet another indirect nerf to the Atrox. Look, I've accepted that the Atrox's role is healing and support, and I've embraced that role. But with no frigates and every new carrier having more bells and whistles, giving bonuses to pets that live longer (when our fighters are already made of tissue paper) and nerfing powercycling just seems a slap in the face.

How about a Fleet Atrox with some sort of Caitian frigate pet?

Last edited by highoverlordxenu; 07-16-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Captain
# 17
07-16-2013, 04:06 PM
Quote:
  • Leadership:
    • Multiple copies of this power no longer replace each others' buffs, allowing players to benefit from both their own copy of Leadership as well as from Bridge Officers' copies of Leadership.
I assume this means that leadership can stack up to 6 times (5 bridge officers and 1 captain). There was also a separate issue of leadership not granting any subsystem repair bonus.
Commander
# 18
07-16-2013, 04:06 PM
Not being able to replace existing fighters is a significant DPS nerf for carriers that can't use unique frigates.
Anyone that has parsed hitting the launch fighter button everytime it lights up vs. hitting it only when your pets are destroyed understands the ramifications of this.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 19
07-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
This is awesome. I will hop on Tribble, wait out the 5 minute load screen, hope the Foundry doesn't CTD or tell me "login failed for unknown reason" in order to check out the squirrels.

I will throw them some peanuts.

Seriously, though, I know whoever took the time to add this stuff can't make the Foundry less broken and non-functional as it currently is, so thanks to whoever you are that did this.
You're welcome.
Captain
# 20
07-16-2013, 04:23 PM
Quote:
  • Added the following NPC Contacts to the Foundry:
    • Jem'Hadar Battleship
    • Squirrels
    • Eppohs
    • Nanovs
    • Armored Hatham
    • Hortas
    • Cast of Klingon Hamlet
These are nice, but in my opinion what we need are some (read: all) of the twenty missing Mirror Universe ships. And the new Romulan ships like the T'Liss and Dhelan.
Say NO to mandatory Arc!