Captain
# 31
07-16-2013, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
Rommies can use 2 out 3 faction consoles. KDF can't use Rommy faction consoles.

BoPs have 1 less Boff slot, 1 less weapon slot, less shields, less hull. The uni lt com slot allows the tvaro flexibility to match most BoP builds as I mentioned before. The singularity abilities allow it hit and run more and better too.

The Rommy Cruisers are slower, but they have BC which when combined w/Rommy Boffs means more DPS. They also have singularity core abilities.

Fleet Mogai is a better version of the KDF vet ship b/c of console layout, and defensive specs (singularity core abilities).

Really power levels, carriers, and movement are all KDF have (movement only really noticeble at cruiser level), and Rommies can use plas leech and depending on ship/playstyle aux2batt.
Rom cruisers have a hard time using cannons, KDF cruisers can, that 15% boost for such a small time is not going to let them out DPS a KDF Battle Cruiser in the long run. Raptors are also slightly bulkier then most Tac ships and still have good turn rate along with it. I think it is more of an opinion then anything else, just like it supposed to be, some will prefer Romulans, others prefer KDFs, and others like Feds.
Captain
# 32
07-16-2013, 05:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmaster101 View Post
Rom cruisers have a hard time using cannons, KDF cruisers can, that 15% boost for such a small time is not going to let them out DPS a KDF Battle Cruiser in the long run. Raptors are also slightly bulkier then most Tac ships and still have good turn rate along with it. I think it is more of an opinion then anything else, just like it supposed to be, some will prefer Romulans, others prefer KDFs, and others like Feds.
There are Boffs that both reduce the cooldown of recloaking as well as extend the bonus damage time of Ambush from decloaking. Not to mention the Boffs that offer 2 bonuses. I know it's not conventional wisdom, but there are still good AoE cruiser Beam builds, I've felt them. This is less about opinion and more about KDF being reduced to niche builds.
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter
Captain
# 33
07-16-2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Hey now, don't forget what's appeared on Tribble as well with today's patch there...
I'll have to look at those spec's. Curious if it'll get the vamp console or not.
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
C&H Fed banter
Captain
# 34
07-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Quote:
There are Boffs that both reduce the cooldown of recloaking as well as extend the bonus damage time of Ambush from decloaking. Not to mention the Boffs that offer 2 bonuses. I know it's not conventional wisdom, but there are still good AoE cruiser Beam builds, I've felt them. This is less about opinion and more about KDF being reduced to niche builds.
still far, far easier to build a decent KDF battlecruiser DPS then it is to build a Decent Rom/fed DPS cruiser.Movement is important as well and many people might be better with/prefer the speed of the KDF. It is all opinion. Plus does not really matter in the long run because a good player can win with any decent ship. I have seen people win with the free tier 5 ships against players using tweaked out c-store/fleet/box ships. lets just agree to disagree.
Captain
# 35
07-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Meh you could have, but you put everything into the alpha, not everything is needed for the alpha, follow Zirac's example, Alpha and GTFO asap, EmptE, evasive, deuterium and possibly even the impulse capacitance cell, with that lot you can be 40 clicks away in seconds.

Yes the Galaxy has a cloak but as you know it's not a battle cloak so once decloaked I'm on my own and I use some of those GTFO methods quite successfully. another 20K in hull makes little difference tbh, the power of 4 or 5 DHCs will eat through that extra hull on full buffs in less than 1 second, it's getting away from the fight that is key to winning it.
Follow the example of the bop that gives up the fastest out of anyone? I have even seen him give up and run away when he could have killed me had he just tried sticking around for another BO, lol. Having so much stuff that lets you run makes you get into the habit of using it and you run when you shouldn't sometimes and miss kills as a result.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Captain
# 36
07-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmaster101 View Post
still far, far easier to build a decent KDF battlecruiser DPS then it is to build a Decent Rom/fed DPS cruiser.Movement is important as well and many people might be better with/prefer the speed of the KDF. It is all opinion. Plus does not really matter in the long run because a good player can win with any decent ship. I have seen people win with the free tier 5 ships against players using tweaked out c-store/fleet/box ships. lets just agree to disagree.
Play style choice is opinion. Facts aren't though.
Random Quote from Kerrat
C&H Fed banter
Career Officer
# 37
07-24-2013, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Play style choice is opinion. Facts aren't though.
And as far as I'm aware the fact is that anyone can kill any ship with the right build, if you don't want to rework your build to decloak and pop Rommies then suck it up and face the fact that your build isn't made for Rommie popping, just like tanks have to suck it up and face the fact that while they probably won't die, they probably won't kill anyone either.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
Survivor of Romulus
# 38
07-24-2013, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by retrosrages View Post
and don't give me this we have less power crap because with the leech console open to the rommys and the new warp cores power levels are a joke its easy to get well over 100 in each sub system now and some of the unique rommy boff skills are stupidly op.
the Leech console is only easily available to a FEDERATION Player or a Fed aligned Romulan.... the KDF has to pay for the console with Zen/real money

I fly Romulan on the KDF side... have no Leech Console my power levels are pretty good UNLESS I use my singularity charge for a Jump, warp shadow or whatever... get over yourself OP its not the KDF Romulans you have a problem with its the fed romulans which by dint of being federation aligned now bring battlecloak to the federation oh woe is me the feds have battlecloak whatever will I do

strategy... learn how to defeat them (plenty of skills out there negate the cloak) ability... learn to defeat the cloakers with what you have on hand (instead of lamenting that they are OP)

and for the love of all things sacred quit complaining either learn how to fight them or just stop playing in PVP

I for the most part am not allowed to play in PVP tournaments because the second or third rule in the tournaments is usually no cloaking device.... but do I complain publicly on the forums (I have now for the first time) no... so kindly do us the favor of getting over it and figure out how to defeat these evil little romulans OR welcome us as your new overlords
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Career Officer
# 39
07-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
I for the most part am not allowed to play in PVP tournaments because the second or third rule in the tournaments is usually no cloaking device....
Now that to me seems like a silly rule, don't use an ability you're given, that's like saying, for example, don't use Miracle Worker if you're an engineer or some other useful abilities.

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan
Captain
# 40
07-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by irwin109 View Post
Now that to me seems like a silly rule, don't use an ability you're given, that's like saying, for example, don't use Miracle Worker if you're an engineer or some other useful abilities.
You have to remember though-most Tourneys are organized by Fed Players, and as a result, most tourney rules are designed around Fed play. Cloak's not a standard Fed item, it's a specialty item for them, the equivalent would be a KDF tourney banning Plas Leech Iso charge, or Siphon Drones.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."