Career Officer
# 81
05-15-2013, 04:17 AM
Yea, As many things STO the "Item Info" are not always whats really happening. I was doing a test with the Rommy Plasma DHCs with a good buddy of mine and he has a screen shot of a -124.6 plasma resist from my first proc. Only 1 DHC was used for test purposes.

http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/Dn...f0e5d.jpg.html

no other weapons, buffs ( not even a rapid fire) or special consoles were used..just a lonely single Rommy DHC

Last edited by dnaangel9; 05-15-2013 at 04:26 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 82
05-15-2013, 05:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by papablood View Post
My fed fleet been running multiple tests and its all disruptors not just the high end ones

Certain procs are better depending on how your speced,,,i dont know bout disruptors,,,but i know flow caps increases the proc on tet and poloran. pols is -25 all power lvls,,my proc for pols is like -36 or something like that.
Captain
# 83
05-15-2013, 07:37 AM
I've really never been bothered with procs, its nice when they occur but with the introduction of fleet shields you should be way more worried about what weapon type you use instead.

For the rest its just a stupid chance thingy that lasts for an instant, 5 seconds, and in the disruptors case 15 secs.

The only way i think is actually making it troublesome is a 5 man team stacking up the exact same weapon types (Obviously not the ones that do not stack or trigger a resistance like phaser does these days, but polaron will work) focussing that on 1 single target.

Taking into account some weapon setup which gives the highest possible proc chance/minute

Aka Single cannons/turrets or full turret builds. That can get troublesome

I think Pols can go all the way up to -55 or so, perhaps more. Good luck having 5 people spamming that on you. It luckily almsot never happens but you should do some testing with 5 players full spec into flow caps and perhaps a few additional mk xii purp flow cap consoles you will love it!
Captain
# 84
05-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnaangel9 View Post
Yea, As many things STO the "Item Info" are not always whats really happening. I was doing a test with the Rommy Plasma DHCs with a good buddy of mine and he has a screen shot of a -124.6 plasma resist from my first proc. Only 1 DHC was used for test purposes.

http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/Dn...f0e5d.jpg.html

no other weapons, buffs ( not even a rapid fire) or special consoles were used..just a lonely single Rommy DHC
No wonder I was getting my butt handed to me by a cruiser running Romulan Plasmas. I was doing fine against the beams, barely tickled my shield. Then the proc would hit me and I'd be dead with full shields.

Also, why is all of your resistances -50%? Do you not have any skill points spent in resistances at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
I've really never been bothered with procs, its nice when they occur but with the introduction of fleet shields you should be way more worried about what weapon type you use instead.
Elite disruptors can reduce your shield resistance by 25%, I believe. Then you get over double hull resistance debuff against disruptors.

Last edited by shookyang; 05-15-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Captain
# 85
05-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
No wonder I was getting my butt handed to me by a cruiser running Romulan Plasmas. I was doing fine against the beams, barely tickled my shield. Then the proc would hit me and I'd be dead with full shields.

Also, why is all of your resistances -50%? Do you not have any skill points spent in resistances at all?

Elite disruptors can reduce your shield resistance by 25%, I believe. Then you get over double hull resistance debuff against disruptors.
Uh I was just talking about the old procs not the new elite ones though.
Captain
# 86
05-15-2013, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
Uh I was just talking about the old procs not the new elite ones though.
Just saying you should consider worrying about weapon procs.

I had no problems with disruptors before either. Now that folks are getting access to these Elite disruptors, I'm starting to pay attention.

Just bought myself some plating and will probably stop being lazy and equip the Elite shields [ResB] when I'm fighting against a known Elite disruptor user now.
Captain
# 87
07-16-2013, 04:28 PM
From the Tribble patch notes on July 16, 2013:

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
  • The Damage Resistance debuff proc on Disruptor weapons no longer is increased by damage bonuses or decreased by damage penalties. It is still affected by the target's resistance buffs and debuffs.
I assume this means that the disruptor proc now gives the same debuff to damage resistance rating for all energy types.
Captain
# 88
07-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post

I assume this means that the disruptor proc now gives the same debuff to damage resistance rating for all energy types.
Likely....

Also Note to all the pve kids....

Time to put your phaser resist stuff back on. lol
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Lieutenant
# 89
07-16-2013, 05:53 PM
set phasers to kill mode pve hero here
Cryptic Studios Team
# 90
07-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frtoaster View Post

Kind of. Resistance resists changes to resistance. So if, for instance, I have 40% Phaser Resistance but 0% to everything else:

-I get hit with a -10% Resist All debuff from a hypothetical debuff power
-My Phaser resistance resists 40% of that debuff, so my Phaser Resist goes down by 6%, down to 34%.
-All my other resistances are 0%, so the -10% debuff has its full effect

Starting Resists:
Phaser: 40%
All Other: 0%

Ending Resists:
Phaser: 34%
All Other: -10%

But wait, you say! The difference between 34% Resistance and 40% Resistance means that on a 100 damage hit, I used to take 60 damage, and now I'm taking 66 damage! I'm taking 10% more damage!

That's correct - you will take 10% more damage across the board when you get hit with a -10% resistance debuff. The tricky part is just that your resistance *ratings* don't all change at the same rate - they vary based on how high they were to begin with. As a general rule, Resistance buffs and debuffs should never be affected by damage multipliers, and they should always be affected by other resistance values. Any scenario in which this is not the case creates strange damage multiplication corollaries around either very high or very low resistance/damage buff edge cases.
Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
Twitter: @JeffAHamilton