Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 87
# 291
07-12-2013, 04:11 AM
The chain knockback is something that most ground pvpers think is broken. There is no resistance from getting knocked down. There are a few small amount of people using it. Usually there is just one or 2 a night using it and when they do it is away from their team and they are easy pickings. Its still annoying, but in order to fix certain things in ground pvp... I think its going to take a major wipe and engine change on it.

I would say a good 50% of the time...its one or 2 people on a team that cause issues. Example one person on the team running into a group of 5 trying to uncloak and getting killed repeatly and they still do not listen or change strategy. I beam when I see this...its no fun trying to keep the same person alive or spending the whole match in team chat saying STOP.
Doc of Hammer
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,447
# 292
07-17-2013, 12:01 AM
Well, looks like some good stuff coming up. As I saw on tribble, plenty of changes.

In particular this caught my eye:

Orbital Strike: Fixed a bug that would prevent this power's reticule effect from playing for Federation and Federation allied Romulan characters.

Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 993
# 293
07-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdoc View Post
The chain knockback is something that most ground pvpers think is broken. There is no resistance from getting knocked down. There are a few small amount of people using it. Usually there is just one or 2 a night using it and when they do it is away from their team and they are easy pickings. Its still annoying, but in order to fix certain things in ground pvp... I think its going to take a major wipe and engine change on it.

I would say a good 50% of the time...its one or 2 people on a team that cause issues. Example one person on the team running into a group of 5 trying to uncloak and getting killed repeatly and they still do not listen or change strategy. I beam when I see this...its no fun trying to keep the same person alive or spending the whole match in team chat saying STOP.
Actually everybody is using it, but mostly Tacts. When someone uses Lunge + Secondary Fire of a Shotgung on you, they're using it.

You are on the floor unable to do something because of the Lunge and immediately you receive a second knockback and you're on the floor again. In the past, an experimented Sci could tank and run away from 3, maybe 4 people, now you can't tank more than 2, because of the Knockback issue, you're on the floor unable to heal yourself and then you're dead.

The whole Knockback issue didn't exist before Season 7, so assuming that an Engine change could fix it's wrong. Someday we will see a fix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Well, looks like some good stuff coming up. As I saw on tribble, plenty of changes.

In particular this caught my eye:

Orbital Strike: Fixed a bug that would prevent this power's reticule effect from playing for Federation and Federation allied Romulan characters.
Indeed.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Career Officer
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 201
# 294
07-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Actually everybody is using it, but mostly Tacts. When someone uses Lunge + Secondary Fire of a Shotgung on you, they're using it.
Not neccessarily.. i don't know about you, but my victims are usually defeated on the followup shot before the kb if one actually happens.. shotgun kb's are a chance afterall.

Theres quiete a difference between someone exploiting the sword chain knockback bug knocking their victim 5 to unlimited times on the floor to land a kill versus someone using a lunge+shotgun combo which gets em one guaranteed knockback and the ocassional followup one.
___
Tami, Leader of -FS-
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 993
# 295
07-18-2013, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikiiy View Post
Not neccessarily.. i don't know about you, but my victims are usually defeated on the followup shot before the kb if one actually happens.. shotgun kb's are a chance afterall.

Theres quiete a difference between someone exploiting the sword chain knockback bug knocking their victim 5 to unlimited times on the floor to land a kill versus someone using a lunge+shotgun combo which gets em one guaranteed knockback and the ocassional followup one.
Of course, but still it's part of the issue.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 401
# 296
07-29-2013, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnharrisonlol View Post
Hazard System Officer (Ground): Your Fuse Armor has a chance to deal double damage.

You can only use one hazard system officer doff and with the selection of other engy doffs this one will have zero room in the engy's active roster.
You can slot more than one. But Fuse Armor's tooltip only shows one proc chance.
http://xibreula.com/tk79/sto_fusearmordoff.jpg

Anyway, Fuse Armor is barely useful for damage since its duration is countered by Willpower. That was a very poorly designed DOFF, although the intention was good.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 240
# 297
07-29-2013, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk79 View Post
You can slot more than one. But Fuse Armor's tooltip only shows one proc chance.
http://xibreula.com/tk79/sto_fusearmordoff.jpg

Anyway, Fuse Armor is barely useful for damage since its duration is countered by Willpower. That was a very poorly designed DOFF, although the intention was good.
If iwllpower restsists that, then that must be the only thing that will power resists now.
--
Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
Republic Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 544
# 298
07-29-2013, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suuperduude View Post
If iwllpower restsists that, then that must be the only thing that will power resists now.
And all science holds. Try using stasis field, lol.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 993
# 299
08-28-2013, 03:06 PM
You guys thought that I was giving up on this? AH!


NO!
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,939
# 300
08-29-2013, 10:16 AM
The biggest issue in ground PvP aside from chain knockback is the disable effect from the Tier III Nukara Passive "Cryo Immobilizer Module" and the Omega Autocarbine's 15% disable proc. If a full team uses the Cryo proc and/or the Omega gun, the disables become a permanent stack. Both procs need a 30 second immunity period after the duration ends, and stacking should be prohibited. This "immobilize" proc is basically a ground version of the old Subspace Rupture Elachi console that got fixed this last week for space. I've now tried twice to make threads for a fix on this issue, but still there hasn't been enough attention paid to it. Here's hoping the third time is the charm.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:50 PM.