Survivor of Romulus
# 11
07-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey47 View Post
I'm still not being recognized as a veteran. I don't have access to the veteran ship or uniforms.
Are you actually a veteran, or just LTS? Tribble's vet rewards go on your actual veteran status, which you can check here: https://my.perfectworld.com/account/sto

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.
Career Officer
# 12
07-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuatela View Post
Are you actually a veteran, or just LTS? Tribble's vet rewards go on your actual veteran status, which you can check here: https://my.perfectworld.com/account/sto
2 people in my fleet are 350 or so day LTS and they're flying the Veteran Ship, its certainly a bug

Are the Devs aware of this?
# 13
07-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkarris View Post
Can we have a bit more detail on how they have been improved? Does this have to do with duel cannons on pets and if so, will it be applied to Birds of Prey?
Yes, this was an AI update. We're being intentionally vague because improving AI routines is always sort of a nebulous affair.

The long version is that we updated many pets' behaviors to more frequently favor firing front-arc weapons. This will be most obvious on the Ferjai Frigates because their AI was previously really bad (other pets were OK), so they'll see the most obvious improvement.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
# 14
07-18-2013, 02:18 PM
This should improve the DPS with the steep drop off, but is anything being done regarding power frequency to make up for not being able to refresh fighters.

EDIT: Never mind, I found your response in the feedback thread. Thank you, can't wait to hear how you guys plan on addressing the ability cool downs. I really hope Elite Scorpions don't receive to stiff a penalty to this considering the amount of time and resources I put into getting them (on multiple toons).
Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again?

Last edited by trhrangerxml; 07-18-2013 at 02:38 PM.
Lieutenant
# 15
07-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
Yes, this was an AI update. We're being intentionally vague because improving AI routines is always sort of a nebulous affair.

The long version is that we updated many pets' behaviors to more frequently favor firing front-arc weapons. This will be most obvious on the Ferjai Frigates because their AI was previously really bad (other pets were OK), so they'll see the most obvious improvement.
Will this improve the Orion slavers steal rate that seems to be bugged and not working at all?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 16
07-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin2384 View Post
Will this improve the Orion slavers steal rate that seems to be bugged and not working at all?
The two are completely unrelated.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Republic Veteran
# 17
07-18-2013, 03:08 PM
Romulan Admirals Uniform is still missing, only showing the formal outfit, and I've had a sub since STO launch so def not an issue of veteran status.
Rihannsu
# 18
07-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post

Other pets were ok? My BoP just fly in big ol' circles around the CE pinging it with their turrets. They rarely point their front weapons at it.

Is it possible to include AI for "strafing runs" into Raiders and other "front-arc" pets? Initiate Buffing abilities, Fly straight at target unleashing payload. Fly past target 3-5k, don't stop, but make a nice tight 180 loop (firing turrets the whole time, of course). When facing target again, rebuff abilities (when/if ready), repeat.

Against things like Tac Cubes, STF Gates, CE, or other large stationary (or nearly) targets, this sort of tactic seems ideal.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Career Officer
# 19
07-18-2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Other pets were ok? My BoP just fly in big ol' circles around the CE pinging it with their turrets. They rarely point their front weapons at it.

Is it possible to include AI for "strafing runs" into Raiders and other "front-arc" pets? Initiate Buffing abilities, Fly straight at target unleashing payload. Fly past target 3-5k, don't stop, but make a nice tight 180 loop (firing turrets the whole time, of course). When facing target again, rebuff abilities (when/if ready), repeat.

Against things like Tac Cubes, STF Gates, CE, or other large stationary (or nearly) targets, this sort of tactic seems ideal.
Since they're being vague on how hard it is to code AI, this seems like it could also be an advanced command. On top of the standard "attack my target", there could be "attack run this target", "orbit this target", etc.
Rihannsu
# 20
07-18-2013, 03:49 PM
I'd like to report that I remain unable to view this "Romulan Veteran Admiral" outfit on my Romulan Female Vice-Admiral.

I've checked all 3 Jacket Loose, Jacket Tight and Vest tabs under Uniforms (Formal Wear and Offduty also don't have it, which is no surprise).

I'm a Lifetime Subscriber, and my account has been active for over 1200+ days.

The character I imported to Tribble already received all the Veteran accolades she could on Holodeck, and has been able to access the Veteran Shuttle, Veteran Ship, the Republic Dress Uniform and the Republic Veteran badges (1 through 4).

I'm not too impressed with the Romulan Veteran badges. They look very two-dimensional. Not to mention they look more like medals than an actual combadge.

Wouldn't a communication device fit better on the forearm, where a Romulan taps before beaming out? A fancy bracer that doesn't clip at the wrist could've been nice to have.

Also, dual shoulder pads still look oversized since the Romulan TNG costumes came out. Please fix this and return it to the way it was.
Mhae ir-Virinat t'Rillas, R.R.W Temer

Last edited by umaeko; 07-18-2013 at 03:53 PM.