Ensign
# 1 Romulan TNG Uniform Bugged?
07-18-2013, 12:03 AM
So I'm mostly trying to figure out if this is a true bug or a visual hiccup on my end which wouldn't surprise me as I play in half-resolution and don't have the best graphics on the computer I primarily use for STO.

Down to the problem.

When I first bought the uniform it looked the way it was supposed to, the way it had in the show and in previews of the picture. At least it did on the secondary computer I sometimes use to play STO.

When I started playing more on my primary computer (which has reduced graphics, I usually play with half-resolution enabled) I noticed that the visual wasn't the same...However it only happens in the game. The outfit looks the way it should at log in and in the tailor screen.

Screenshots:

Appearance at Login Screen

Appearance In-Game

As you can tell, appearance in-game it looks too dark on certain characters (not sure why, I use the same exact color scheme for everyone, I thought it might even be the sash but one boff with the sash is different than the other wearing a sash and one boff without a sash is dark like the boff pictured in image 2) and on top of that the checkering (or whatever you'd call it on the top) looks more like the tal shiar top than the tng romulan.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is having this issue and if they know how to fix it. I paid for the pack because I want my toons to look a specific way, it's disheartening to have this glitched and makes me wary to purchase any further cosmetic options.
Republic Veteran
# 2
07-18-2013, 01:05 AM
Since you say the PC you are having the issue on is lacking in the graphics department, that might be part of the issue with that top. The "tiles" for lack of a better word on that particular top are reflective, like a metal, so they change color slightly based on lighting and angle. I'm guessing that in the actual world where that isn't all fixed and, the reflections might actually be more in play, is why you see some disparity between the login screen and the in game experience.
Ensign
# 3
07-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Yeah, you were right. I turned lighting to high momentarily and everything looked normal except...

Two of my BOffs tops are still darker than everyone else's and I can't figure out why. It's less noticeable when the lighting is on high but I notice it now. Can't figure it out for the life of me.