Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 158
# 2351
07-18-2013, 03:09 PM
I almost fell from my chair from laughter just now

CSE, not a DPS team, I'm in my Fleet Recon, and this is the conversation so to say with the captain of the Ha'feh:

Aurelius@: Someone, kill that cube!!!

(he's on low health and I went to give him a heal after his and another teammate's best efforts in the last five minutes)

Saty@satanailofhwbg: I would have obliterated that cube in 5 seconds with your Ha'feh

Aurelius@: damn 4 members of my fleet need 4 minutes for this **** (shaite - got censored)

Saty@: I see that you're a spectator there too

Saty@: and I'm in a damn science vessel

Hilarious....I need more of those

Btw, I do have a Ha'feh and a Fleet Ha'feh and I'm fully aware of the potential of the ship in question. (it's a monster if I may say so)

Last edited by satanailofhwbg; 07-18-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 240
# 2352
07-18-2013, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1051 View Post
What I love is having a scimitar player initiate the thaleron while Donatra does the same, and everyone else on team trying to figure out which green beams to EM away from. Queue "Yakety Sax" lol
Hee!

I am envisioning the player in the Scimitar, wholly confident in the ability's strength, charging theirs first by dint of predicting her position. Probably typing something akin to 'DONATRA! This is it, my FINAL ATTACK! Have some of your own medicine! And taste the wrath of the Romulan Republic!' or something dramatic like that.

Does about a piddly amount of damage to her forward shield only. Maybe softens it a tic...

Utter silence. Then Donatra's reply of her own thalaron burst utterly vapes the fellow before they can mutter a very Data-like 'Ohhh shhh~'

The Artist Formerly Known As Nikotaka ][ Join Date: Jan 2010
"Can anyone remember when we used to be explorers...?"
Ensign
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 26
# 2353
07-19-2013, 06:27 AM
The more I play STFs I am starting to wonder why do I even bother with the optionals anymore. At this point I feel I should just give up on the whole 10% rule and try and finish the mission ASAP and forget the optionals.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,069
# 2354
07-19-2013, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkyvix View Post
Hee!

I am envisioning the player in the Scimitar, wholly confident in the ability's strength, charging theirs first by dint of predicting her position. Probably typing something akin to 'DONATRA! This is it, my FINAL ATTACK! Have some of your own medicine! And taste the wrath of the Romulan Republic!' or something dramatic like that.

Does about a piddly amount of damage to her forward shield only. Maybe softens it a tic...

Utter silence. Then Donatra's reply of her own thalaron burst utterly vapes the fellow before they can mutter a very Data-like 'Ohhh shhh~'
Heh - actually had something similar happen a few days back in ISE.

I was in my Vesta with my (primary) sci character. A rather badly set up and bothersome (as needing fairly frequent heals) Scimitar was buzzing about. It wasn't doing terrible DPS but it definitely wasn't doing what I've seen others do.

Anyway - to cut to the chase - we took the gate down and started on the tac cube. Bothersome Scimitar charges Thalaron pulse, and when it fires..... it weakens the tac cube's shields a little, but not much else.

So myself and a player in a Ha'feh concentrate on the weakened shield and take it down - I activate every buff I have and fire my Quantum focus phaser at the unshielded side of the cube. I watch in delight as said weapon does what the bothersome Scimitar's could not, and the cube's health starts dropping FAST. Ha'feh launches a bunch of plasma torpedoes whilst I was doing this - I followed suite with HYIII Quantum torpedoes, and all torpedoes hit, just as the quantum phaser times out, and the cube went boom. Taking Bothersome Scimitar with it.

So Quantum Focus phaser > Thalaron pulse for THAT mission at least!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,041
# 2355
07-19-2013, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
So Quantum Focus phaser > Thalaron pulse for THAT mission at least!
not wasting a console slot for either > Quantum Focus phaser > Thalaron pulse for THAT mission at least!

had some fail runs with PESTF, where they had low dps, but as always, I just got frustrated by taking more than 10 mins to win, nothing optional loss, or anything.

but I am still wondering, how one could die against one sphere, soloing it in the distance
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,069
# 2356
07-19-2013, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
not wasting a console slot for either > Quantum Focus phaser > Thalaron pulse for THAT mission at least!

had some fail runs with PESTF, where they had low dps, but as always, I just got frustrated by taking more than 10 mins to win, nothing optional loss, or anything.

but I am still wondering, how one could die against one sphere, soloing it in the distance
Meh - I love the Quantum Focus phaser in ISE personally. It's great in my opinion, and absolutely EATS the generators and the gate, especially if buffed.

It's fantastic to be able take a generator down solo, quickly, when you find yourself in a team where everyone else farts around chasing spheres instead of trying to take the genny out.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,751
# 2357
07-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Anybody see the Risian Corvette in STFE yet?
Just got mine this morning and with the piercing tetryon build i use it sliced though the borg like they weren't there.

Everyone seemed to think they'd pop every few seconds but while not as sturdy as my intrepid retro i find it is surprisingly resilient.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,069
# 2358
07-22-2013, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
Anybody see the Risian Corvette in STFE yet?
Just got mine this morning and with the piercing tetryon build i use it sliced though the borg like they weren't there.

Everyone seemed to think they'd pop every few seconds but while not as sturdy as my intrepid retro i find it is surprisingly resilient.
Saw one this morning - appeared to be a plasma build. Was quite impressed; seemed to be doing hit and run tactics to good effect.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 158
# 2359
07-22-2013, 03:29 AM
I'll have my Risian some time today.

This last week I went through all the possible type of ships in order to figure out as to why there are so many mediocre players....and yes, you guessed - the problem is not the ships, it's in the device behind the keyboard.
The conditions are as follows:

Science captain

Reputation: Rommy@T5, Nukara@T4, Omega@T5

Beam arrays: 4 Romulan Mk XII [Acc]x2, one KCB and one experimental beam array
Warp core: Overcharged Mk XI purple with W->A
Space set: Adapted MACO
Consoles:
Tac: Plasma Infusers Mk XI purple
Sci: Fleet Graviton Gens Mk XII +Pla -Th
Eng: Plasmonic leech, Assimilated Module, Zero-Point Energy Conduit, RSC Mk XI blue (last two are on if there are more than 2 eng console slots)

(DPS = All damage / time in seconds)

Atrox Carrier: c.a. 9k DPS, no FAW spam
Fleet Reconnaissance Science Vessel: With FAW spam - c.a. 6700, without: 5800
Assault Cruiser: haven't clocked this one, but it was performing noticeably better than the sci vessel. 2xAux2Bat+EPtW3 - it was really interesting to shoot with 8 weapons (the additional 2 were Mk XI green plasma) and see weapons power drop to 123

Sooo....I really need an answer to one question - HOW for the love of God can you NOT achieve 4k DPS ON ANY ship?


P.S> I don't think that Sensor Analysis works properly because it does not show it stack! (and it did before LOR)

Last edited by satanailofhwbg; 07-22-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,371
# 2360
07-22-2013, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Fleet Reconnaissance Science Vessel: With FAW spam - c.a. 6700, without: 5800

Sooo....I really need an answer to one question - HOW for the love of God can you NOT achieve 4k DPS ON ANY ship?
Well, you pretty much gave the answer yourself.

Exchange your Fleet Recon Sci for it's RA variant, replace your VR Mk.XII gear, every reputation item and your best in slot consoles with normal, rare/uncommon mk X ones , subtract a bit of dps for those reputation traits and try it with a build that doesn't require rather expensive doff and in-depth knowledge of game mechanics (which are crappily documented, in addition to a lot of people giving horrible advice to new guys both ingame and in the forums) to work and you'll get those results.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 AM.