Career Officer
Until tonight on Tribble I was unaware that some small craft are offering Shipyard options to create an actual NCC registry which display's with the name on the ship model. Along with the option to display USS or not with the ship name.

• Type-8: Offers choice to drop USS. Not yet displaying name, registry or pennants on the model.
  • Type-10: Offers choice to drop USS. Name, registry and pennants display nicely.
  • Captain's Yacht (Fed Veteran): Offers choice to drop USS. Name, registry and pennants display nicely.
  • Runabout: Can't drop USS from name, which is consistent with DS9. Not yet displaying name, registry or pennants on the model.

There is an associated Rename cost and separate Re-register cost. Both in Energy Credits. Re-registering seems to be considerably more expensive.

Beyond the initial FREE renaming, some of these small craft suggest to me a cost of Zero to make either change. But won't take any changes at all when I made the attempt.

Overall, I like the direction of this change. Although, it could really use more polish.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link