Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward > Captain's Table (RP)
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 111
07-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlafrance View Post
Thryiss: Strange... The Borg aren't prone to extraction missions. And "extermination"? Something is seriously off here.

*Wil notices Soval's expression of distress.*

Wil: Admiral?
Soval: I... I am fine.

Ryan: You sure?

Soval: Yes.

Ryan: Alright...

You've all, no doubt, heard of the... incidents... which have been plaguing Starfleets liberated Borg population?

T'las: Dannover was effected by it?

Ryan: Yes. I volunteered to check it out, and she was okay with being asked to lead us to where it came from.

Sheridan: And that was...?

Ryan: The Haakona System. At first, I figured we'd be heading to the Vault, but then the Lexington's Battle Group was attacked by the Borg Cube that later attacked us.
My Fan Fictions
Lieutenant
# 112
07-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Soval: I... I am fine.

Ryan: You sure?

Soval: Yes.

Ryan: Alright...

You've all, no doubt, heard of the... incidents... which have been plaguing Starfleets liberated Borg population?

T'las: Dannover was effected by it?

Ryan: Yes. I volunteered to check it out, and she was okay with being asked to lead us to where it came from.

Sheridan: And that was...?

Ryan: The Haakona System. At first, I figured we'd be heading to the Vault, but then the Lexington's Battle Group was attacked by the Borg Cube that later attacked us.
Thryiss: When precisely did the effects on the liberated Borg begin?

McLean: And what link could there be between the Borg and the Haakona System?

*Wil began to think about the possible threats to the Sunstone. Thankfully, he didn't recall there being any liberated Borg aboard the ship. However, Borg technology has been thoroughly integrated into the ship's systems. It may be nothing to worry about, but he wrote himself a note on his PADD to be mindful of the Astrometrix lab, just in case.*

"There are three things to remember about being a starship captain:
keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

- Kathryn Janeway
Captain
# 113
07-17-2013, 10:51 PM
*Mutara Nebula*

Vranlek: Well, we've got all the sensor data of this place we're going to get.

Voporak: Alright. If there's nothing else, let's plot a course out of here.

May: Taking us out of here at one-half impulse.

*The Dreadnought turns around and begins to move away from the transwarp hub*

Vranlek: Wait a second! Something strange came through when a cube activated and went through one of the gateways. It appeared to be a transmission of some sort.

Voporak: What did it say?

Vranlek: I don't know. It was very brief, but what I can tell you is that it came from the other end of the transwarp aperture.

Voporak: Let's see if we can get any more of that message. Take us back there, and move slow and steady towards the transmission's gate.

Mirra: They don't consider us a threat now, but it's most likely that they will if we get to close.

Voporak: I'll take that chance.

*The hub gets closer on the viewscreen as they approach*

Omet'etan: No reaction from the Borg vessels.

Voporak: Get us within 7 kilometers of the gate. Then we'll wait for a cube to go through.

*They fly in front of the gateway, and the Borg ships remain neutral to the Dreadnought's presence*

Omet'etan: They're ignoring us still, for now anyway.

Voporak: They likely won't perceive us any danger unless we try to use the hub.

May: There's a sphere moving, and we're in its way.

Voporak: move us forward just enough.

*The sphere passes behind the ship, and a few seconds later Jirod comes on over the comm*

Jirod (over comm): Captain, the temporal core is acting funny. The Borg node it's based off of is doing something, but I can't tell you what.

Vranlek: I can. The gateway is activating!

*The hexagonal structure powers up, turned on by the core*

Omet'etan: Five cubes and two spheres are closing on us.

Voporak: Red alert! All hands to battle stations!

*The lights dim and the alarm sounds*

Omet'etan: They're blocking our way out!

Voporak: Maximum power to shields. Prepare the antiproton weapons.

*The cubes come in range and fire on the Dreadnought, severely weakening its shields and disabling systems*

Omet'etan: Weapons offline! Shields failing! We can't stay here!

Mirra: And we can't make it out.

Voporak: Yes we can. There is one way. *He stands up* Voporak to all crew, everyone to the Phantom, repeat, everyone to the Phantom!

*The small crew hurries down to the stardrive section. The bridge officers file into the turbolifts. Before Voporak, the last one, steps in, he turns and looks upon the wrecked bridge. The bridge of the prototype Odyssey class, and the ship most dear to Voporak. He finally enters the turbolift, and the bridge officers proceed to the lower part of the saucer. As they run through the halls, they can hear the muffled explosions and feel the ship shaking. Smoke and fire are everywhere, burned out consoles lining the walls. Voporak hits his combadge*

Voporak (running): Jirod, are you almost ready to launch?

Jirod: I've just got to disconnect us from the Dreadnought and we're good to go.

Voporak: Voporak out.

*They continue running until they get to just behind the deflector dish. A final door opens to reveal a massive room where the Black Phantom is docked. Two connections, one from the ceiling and one from the floor, hook into the Phantom's temporal warp core. The last of the crew is hurrying up the walkway to the ship as the officers enter. Nanhud, chief medical officer, if there waiting for them at the bottom of the ramp*

Nanhud: No fatalities, but several wounded.

Voporak: Good to know.

*The ship shakes violently. The dashes up the ramp, it folds back up, and the connections to the core retract*

Voporak: Bridge, open up the docking bay doors. We'll be there shortly.

*They take the turbolift up to the bridge, but are knocked off their feet, the entire ship shaking as the Dreadnought's starboard warp nacelle explodes*

Voporak (exiting the turbolift on the bridge): Get us out of here!

May (taking the helm): Docking bay doors are open. Activating thrusters.

*The Black Phantom moves down, bumping into the walls as the Dreadnought is knocked around (the Phantom was deep inside the ship, they have to move down several decks to get out)*

May: Almost out.

Voporak: Activate main shield bubble as soon as possible.

Omet'etan: Weapons standing by.

Voporak: No, we're not fighting them. We'll never survive, given the fact that even more Borg have joined the fight.

May: We're clear.

Omet'etan: Main shields are up.

Voporak: Fly us into that gateway.

Mirra: Sir?

Voporak: It's our only hope. Full impulse power.

May: Hold on.

*The Phantom rockets forward, heading straight for the transwarp conduit. Voporak, on his chair's console screen, looks back at the broken, near-destroyed Dreadnought. The Borg have ignored it and are now focusing on the Phantom.*

Voporak: Computer, deploy message beacon with this transmission: To any Federation starship who is receiving this, please take the Dreadnought back to spacedock and have it fixed up. End transmission. Launch and attach to the Dreadnought.

*A probe is fired out of the Phantom just before it enters the conduit. The probe attaches itself to the ship's hull, which the Borg are no longer attacking.*

May: We're inside the network.

Mirra: There's nothing to stop the Borg from following us.

Omet'etan: Yes there is, actually. A tricobalt device should do the trick.

Voporak: Go for it.

*A tricobalt device is ejected from the end of the ship as it flies through the hub's network. The device hits the support conduit that leads into the aperture that the Phantom just entered, destroying it, and preventing the Borg from following.*

May: Exit 15 seconds ahead.

Vranlek: And it's where the alien transmission is originating from.

*The ship drops out of transwarp, in a solar system. There is a destroyed planet, with debris all around*

May: We're far away, Captain.

Voporak: How far away?

May: Almost right on the border of the Delta and Gamma quadrants, on the edge of the galaxy.

Voporak: This day just got a lot worse. As long as we're here, let's hear that message.

*Vranlek puts it on the speaker*

???: They were here... they are real... the legends are true... they are the ancient Decimators... they are the People that Never Were...

Vranlek: That's it.

Voporak: Who ever these 'Decimators' are, they sure do a fine job of it.

Mirra: It sounds like some civilization's history that they thought was untrue, but turned out to be real.

May: This is quite a powerful force... it could even be a threat to the Federation someday; however, given that we're far away I doubt it.

Voporak: How long ago did this happen?

Vranlek: Three days ago. And nothing on sensors, except that Borg cube from earlier, but it's long gone.

Voporak: I don't think this is something we can dismiss. Three days, and whatever it was is already gone from sensors.

*Voporak stands up and walks a few steps towards the viewscreen, showing the wrecked planet*

Everyone, we have a mystery on our hands... and I intend to solve it.

OOC: I'll be gone for the next five days, I just wanted to set this up. It's actually the premise of a foundry mission I never got around to making, but what I have in mind is pretty epic. So, remember that the Dreadnought's severely damaged hull is still sitting there, transmitting a cryptic message... this should be fun.
Starfleet Veteran
# 114
07-18-2013, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Thryiss: When precisely did the effects on the liberated Borg begin?

McLean: And what link could there be between the Borg and the Haakona System?

*Wil began to think about the possible threats to the Sunstone. Thankfully, he didn't recall there being any liberated Borg aboard the ship. However, Borg technology has been thoroughly integrated into the ship's systems. It may be nothing to worry about, but he wrote himself a note on his PADD to be mindful of the Astrometrix lab, just in case.*
Ryan: A couple of days ago. It was in the Starfleet Daiy Status Report.

Soval: The Vault is in the Haakona System. We know that the Vault houses Borg technology...
My Fan Fictions
Lieutenant
# 115
07-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Ryan: A couple of days ago. It was in the Starfleet Daiy Status Report.

Soval: The Vault is in the Haakona System. We know that the Vault houses Borg technology...
Wil: Isn't the Vault occupied by the Reman Resistance?

Thryiss: Yes, Obisek claimed it as their new base, and a home for anyone who needs one.

McLean: We should hail them. They could be in danger.

Thryiss: They could also be the ones causing it.

McLean: Sir?

Thryiss: As Soval mentioned, the Vault contains Borg technology. No doubt Obisek would've sealed it off from everyone living onboard, but I'd imagine there are quite a few people who'd love to get their hands on it. This could be a deliberate attack.

"There are three things to remember about being a starship captain:
keep your shirt tucked in, go down with the ship, and never abandon a member of your crew."

- Kathryn Janeway
Starfleet Veteran
# 116
07-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Wil: Isn't the Vault occupied by the Reman Resistance?

Thryiss: Yes, Obisek claimed it as their new base, and a home for anyone who needs one.

McLean: We should hail them. They could be in danger.

Thryiss: They could also be the ones causing it.

McLean: Sir?

Thryiss: As Soval mentioned, the Vault contains Borg technology. No doubt Obisek would've sealed it off from everyone living onboard, but I'd imagine there are quite a few people who'd love to get their hands on it. This could be a deliberate attack.
Ryan: The Remans are also allies of the Romulan Republic. How do we handle this without alienating D'tan's people?
My Fan Fictions
Ensign
OOC: Sorry if I get this completely wrong - I have stumbled onto this thread and hope it works...

*The USS Novella, Nebula Class Fleet Advanced Research Science Vessel, Sits in drydock above Earth*

Vice Admiral Levon: Status.

Chief Ops Zessys: All systems ready for the shakedown cruise, sir.

Levon: Perfect. Ops - clear us for departure.

Ops: Cleared.

Levon: Conn, take us out.

Conn: Aye sir. Setting heading of 342 mark 180 mark 180.

Levon: Acceptable

*Sits down in chair and looks over his shoulder*

Levon: Mirra - how are the tactical sensors?

Chief Tactical Mirra: All functioning.

Levon: Perfect. All hands - prepare for the shakedown cruise.

Ops: Sir, incoming transmission from starfleet command.

Levon: Onscreen.

*A chubby Fleet Admiral appears on the viewer*
Viewer: Levon, I just thought I would say goodbye. Have fun on your voyage - don't get too wound up in the Delta Quadrant that you can't come home. We don't want a repeat of the Nukara incident.

Levon: Of course not. Thankyou sir.

*Viewscreen turns off*

Levon: Conn, set a course - The delta quadrant, via Deep space 9. Warp 7.

Conn: Aye sir.

Levon: To boldly go...

*Levon stands up and walks to his ready room. He sits at his desk and activates his computer.*

Levon: computer, display system schematics.

Computer: Please specify.

Levon: Tactical readiness.

Quote:
*Computer reads out:

? 6 Mk XX Advanced Adaptive Phaser Beam Arrays (3 Fore, 3 Aft)
? 2 Mk XX Advanced Adaptive Dual Phaser Beam Banks (2 Fore)
? 2 Advanced Kinetic Cutting Beams (1 Dorsal, 1 Ventral)
? 1 Mk XX Advanced Shield Disruption Beam Array (1 Fore)
? 1 Isokinetic Cannon (1 Fore)
? 4 Fore and 2 Aft launchers, with a replicable supply of torpedoes
? Advanced Directed Energy Weapon and Torpedo Point Defence System (ADT Defence) *
Levon: hmm... Scientific refits over the Novella's lifespan.

Quote:
*Computer reads out:

? Ionized Gas Sensor ? Detects generically cloaked ships (modifications to cloaking device may render this useless).
? Multidimensional Wave-Function Analysis Module ? Detects and neutralises the effect of special anomalies.
? Tipler Cylinder ? Allows time-travel.
? Transwarp Computer ? Allows Transwarp calculations.
? Zero-Point Energy Conduit ? Allows instantaneous turning of the ship, with no energy or speed loss.
? Enhanced Plasma Manifold ? More efficient energy conversion and movement.
? Multiple Borg enhancements to every system, mostly the shields and power systems. *
Levon: hmm... What is the Novella's primary mission?

Computer: To seek out new life, civilisations and to explore the vast undiscovered expanse that is the delta quadrant. Secondary missions include Borg investigations, technological investigations and temporal investigations.

OOC: If you need any more info about the ship, I have written a full info sheet that i can read to you. Just ask the computer in any of your posts! Again, a major sorry if i got this wrong.
Starfleet Veteran
# 118
07-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levonscott View Post
OOC: Sorry if I get this completely wrong - I have stumbled onto this thread and hope it works...

*The USS Novella, Nebula Class Fleet Advanced Research Science Vessel, Sits in drydock above Earth*

Vice Admiral Levon: Status.

Chief Ops Zessys: All systems ready for the shakedown cruise, sir.

Levon: Perfect. Ops - clear us for departure.

Ops: Cleared.

Levon: Conn, take us out.

Conn: Aye sir. Setting heading of 342 mark 180 mark 180.

Levon: Acceptable

*Sits down in chair and looks over his shoulder*

Levon: Mirra - how are the tactical sensors?

Chief Tactical Mirra: All functioning.

Levon: Perfect. All hands - prepare for the shakedown cruise.

Ops: Sir, incoming transmission from starfleet command.

Levon: Onscreen.

*A chubby Fleet Admiral appears on the viewer*
Viewer: Levon, I just thought I would say goodbye. Have fun on your voyage - don't get too wound up in the Delta Quadrant that you can't come home. We don't want a repeat of the Nukara incident.

Levon: Of course not. Thankyou sir.

*Viewscreen turns off*

Levon: Conn, set a course - The delta quadrant, via Deep space 9. Warp 7.

Conn: Aye sir.

Levon: To boldly go...

*Levon stands up and walks to his ready room. He sits at his desk and activates his computer.*

Levon: computer, display system schematics.

Computer: Please specify.

Levon: Tactical readiness.

Levon: hmm... Scientific refits over the Novella's lifespan.

Levon: hmm... What is the Novella's primary mission?

Computer: To seek out new life, civilisations and to explore the vast undiscovered expanse that is the delta quadrant. Secondary missions include Borg investigations, technological investigations and temporal investigations.

OOC: If you need any more info about the ship, I have written a full info sheet that i can read to you. Just ask the computer in any of your posts! Again, a major sorry if i got this wrong.
OOC: Looks great. You're doing fine.
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 119
07-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Ryan: The Remans are also allies of the Romulan Republic. How do we handle this without alienating D'tan's people?
Soval: Obisek isn't associated with these Borg.

Ryan: What?

Soval: If this were related to the Vault, we would have heard about it. The Vault does house Borg technology, so it is more likely that our adversaries are after that technology.
My Fan Fictions
Ensign
# 120 Calling all plots...
07-22-2013, 12:49 AM
Quote:
OOC: Looks great. You're doing fine.
I have just come out of space dock, if you require any assistance in any of your plots, I would love the chance to help out. I have nothing in my head for my own plot right now.

That goes for anyone who wants another player in their plot.