Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Republic Veteran
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=72

IF Roddenberry were alive this would be a different story. But as is the way in all things, once the Originator is dead, the Successors gut the carcass for all it is worth. Perhaps the Re-Boot will spur a younger generation to reclaim Trek and make it Proud once again. But here and now, the carcass was sold to the highest bidder and this is the result, an Imperfect Trek. Honestly, I believe that complaints fall on deaf ears. The current owners have no interest other than money, and as long as it is good enough to earn money then that is all they will provide to us, the consumers. Yes, we consume what they provide, and when we no longer consume then they will sell the bones to the highest bidder.

The ONLY way you will get Trek to be the way YOU want it to be is to raise 10 Billion dollars and BUY the franchise yourself, and then deal with everybody who complains that YOU are NOT doing TREK the way THEY think YOU should.

I understand that Old Trek is DEAD. I am grateful for having ANY Trek at all. I reticently Bought a Life Time Subscription - knowing full well that this imperfect Trek will NEVER match up to Roddenberry's Vision. Yes, I am a Consumer of the New Trek, just like you.

Although I DO get such enjoyment reading the complaints to the BranBot - an unreal entity created for public relations. I am sure that a real person types the messages, but do not believe for a single second that it is the SAME person who always uses the persona to convey information to the user base.

Spoiled Children, you should be happy with what you get and stop demanding 'Perfection'. We are WAY past that now...