Ensign
# 11
06-11-2013, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
On a side note, since LoR my sound volume keys on my keyboard are suddenly being intercepted by STO And remove my HUD/UI all of the sudden every time i press them ?!?!?
Controls have gone rather nuts for me. They won't save correctly, they won't load correctly, right mouse insistently wants to push the nose of my ship up and vol down thinks its mapped to "crew".

I've spent hours trying to coax the game to work properly and no go.

Also, the keypad changes are kinda....bleh. It was a lot better with differentiated keys.
Commander
# 12
06-13-2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
I know there is a great deal to fix but I'd hate to let this particular issue slip through the cracks. It would be a shame for the key attrition to continue.

Maybe space bar will be next!
That?s OK, just bind every power to Spacebar, and then all your powers will activate with one keypress. Problem SOLVED!

:p

OK, I stole this from some other STO forum post I saw recently. I lolled. I hope it was good for you too.
Captain
# 13
06-19-2013, 12:19 AM
Well, if you work with bind files replace the 'divide' with numpad '/'. I use all these keys, was divide, still is add, substract. These might be changed as well to + and -.
Commander
# 14
06-21-2013, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fovrel View Post
Well, if you work with bind files replace the 'divide' with numpad '/'. I use all these keys, was divide, still is add, substract. These might be changed as well to + and -.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but that doesn't actually resolve the problem.

Using the "? /" key has always been "/" in the bind file.

Using the "Numpad /" key has always been "divide" in the bind file.

Effectively, that means two similar keys were identified as completely separate. You could map two functions to two different keys.

Now, however, those keys act exactly the same. Whether you alter bind files or not, assigned the "? /" key and the "Numpad /" key are now just one key and can only be assigned a single function. This is a change and it is not a good one.

This is especially troublesome with the + and - keys which, if the problem persists, might also be effected in the future.

Does that clear the problem up any? I have to admit I have a hard time explaining but if anyone who can fix it needs further explanations I'd be happy to try.
Commander
# 15
06-27-2013, 11:31 AM
Please fix this.

Thank you.
Commander
# 16
07-04-2013, 06:39 AM
hai

Happy 4th of July!
Commander
# 17
07-12-2013, 06:00 AM
I couldn't help but notice the speed with which you guys responded to the broken test reward tribble. Would you mind devoting a minute or two to this particular problem?
Commander
# 18
07-12-2013, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
Until Season 7, the game recognized the difference between "Enter" and "Numpad Enter". Once Season 7 hit, they are treated as the same key.

Now, since the Romulans have been released, the game no longer recognizes the difference between the "/" key and the Numpad "/" key. Previously, when using the Num Pad version registered as "divide".

For the moment, the game still recognizes the difference between "*" and the "Numpad *" (which registers as "multiply").

What happened? How can this be fixed?
I too am having this problem, but I'm starting to think it's the intentional gradual merging of all keyboard functions into the holy spacebar so as to truly discover the ultimate 'easy-mode' for all those casual players they keep using as an excuse to give the game more grind than grind content.

But in all seriousness, this is far more of an issue than any problems with tribbles, birds or discoballs. Fix it plz

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Republic Veteran
# 19
07-12-2013, 07:48 AM
The game also no longer recongnizes the pause key...it's seeing it as right control...I'm running out of keys!
Commander
# 20
07-19-2013, 11:38 AM
The game no longer recognizes the difference between regular keys and similar numpad keys.

/ was "/" and numpad / was "divide" (numpad * is still multiply, for example)
enter was "enter" and numpad enter was "numpadenter"

Those four keys were treated as four different keys but since season 7 we've been losing key functions. Why?

[2:38] [System] [TicketCreated] Successfully submitted ticket ID #1,882,763.