Captain
# 11
07-11-2013, 04:14 AM
The one pets likely to be a challenge for the Drone Ships are Orion Armoured Maurading Force Shuttles.

They're armoured so they can take some damage and the constant boarding parties could crippling. The problem is the shuttles are only armed with disruptors pulse cannons no other weapons so killing the Droneships even if shields drop will be a challenge.
Career Officer
# 12
07-11-2013, 05:11 AM
I have no DPS numbers. but I've seen my advanced drones take out normal enemies like neghvars and even tholian recluse on their own while i just sit there cloaked. it's very impressive.

can't wait to get elites!

ACCESS DENIED
U.S.S. Gipsy Danger | U.S.S. Gunstar | U.S.S. Oswin
R.R.W. Coronatus | R.R.W. Valar Morghulis
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-11-2013, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaphallic View Post
I found this odd at first until I realize combined 6 elite slavers have as many disruptor arrays as two drone ships combined, but on six different ships vs two which means unlike drone ships slavers don't have to worry about energy drain, the droneships do.
The only situation where Energy Drain could be a problem for hangar pets is if they get into an Aceton Assimilator's 5km radius and stay there.
Of course, that's likely to be overshadowed by the problem that they are attacking it and blowing themselves up by doing so (which is more of an issue for the lower-hull fighters.)
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
07-11-2013, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious09 View Post
Anybody know a tier 5 sci Klingon fleet that will let me buy Elites cheap?
we at Risa Penthe have a Tier 5 Science Station.... (loves me these elite drones)
Major Xi'Zzin
I.R.W. Raptor's Claw
Storm Eagle Class Warbird Fleet Ha'feh
I have never trusted humans, and I never will
Captain
# 15
07-11-2013, 09:06 AM
The energy drain isn't major problem, over 3 beam arrays that's only -20 weapon power compared tova beam boat cruisers -70 to weapon power.

Still that's four percent of damage lost for every point of weapons power lost. The slavers only have one beam each so they don't lose any weapons power they they dealing full possible disuptor array damage. It might not be a huge difference, but when add it to a constant barrage of photons torps and the occasional quantum mine it adds.

But the Droneships would be better soloing actual ships because they can take more damage.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-11-2013, 11:45 AM
-20, then -50 from Overload. Most NPC ships are 50 all areas-it should be throwing itself offline. But then, NPC ships don't play by our rules. For instance, the drones activate both Fire At Will and Overload at once. We can't.
Career Officer
# 17
07-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trenthowell View Post
I personally have the Elite Drones, and ACT was clocking them at 3.7k dps. I was running the advanced prior and their dps was clocking in around 2.5k range. So seems to fall in line with the numbers everyone else was getting.

But the Elites run FAW3, BO3, and Sensor Scramble 2.......they are evil. Had the misfortune of fighting another Scim running elites as well, every time we'd come out of cloak. Scramble.
Where did you get the elites from? I currently run advance and would like to upgrade.
Captain
# 18
07-19-2013, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainobvious09 View Post
Anybody know a tier 5 sci Klingon fleet that will let me buy Elites cheap?
Yes Nerds of Prey, contact them on thier channel.