Career Officer
# 131
07-12-2013, 01:28 AM
EXCESS EGGS ISSUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrisvalar View Post
Also, the Tropical bird tradein needs an option for trading in the eggs, unless the Ornithologist is staying past the event deadline. If you're doing the Horga'hn hunt multiple times a day on one character, you'll have more eggs than you can hatch. (Just one every 24 hours.)
I 100% agree.

I can understand not wanting these eggs to be transferable between characters. That could result in mark farming to excessive proportions. However, perhaps let us trade excess eggs for a few ECs or perhaps some Risian themed DOffs or even some GPL (anything really).

Failing that, can we make a huge OMELETTE on the last day of the event?

EDIT: I'd also like to add that Risa is damned impressive! Well done! More to the point, THANKYOU!
Rihannsu
# 132
07-12-2013, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwyle View Post
EXCESS EGGS ISSUE

...perhaps let us trade excess eggs for a few ECs or perhaps some Risian themed DOffs or even some GPL (anything really)...
It's funny the Feast or Famine nature of the Eggs. I'm running the hunt on several characters multiple times a day (anywhere from 8-16 total hunts spread over those toons). On my main, he's been able to Hatch an Egg every day, and still has 20 Eggs in his Inventory. 2-3 of my toons have only a couple extras, and I've got 4 other characters that have no spare Eggs and have only been able to hatch about every other day (and since they're Egg short, they get run the most).

Anyway, during the Winter Wonderland, we got Snow Tags for "breeding" Winter Epohhs, and those were so much easier to get (I had 100s even after all the breeding). After the Event they did put the Snow Tags in a vendor so we could sell them for GPL.

I hope they do the same with the Eggs (although I wonder why that option doesn't already exist).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 133
07-19-2013, 03:17 PM
As announced in the recent State of the Game article, we will be extending the time needed to get pearls by a couple of days for those who may have missed a day -- the new end date has been moved from August 2nd to August 4th, 2013 at noon PDT.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 134
07-20-2013, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
As announced in the recent State of the Game article, we will be extending the time needed to get pearls by a couple of days for those who may have missed a day -- the new end date has been moved from August 2nd to August 4th, 2013 at noon PDT.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Why is it that every time I realize I'm going to be 1 day short and subsequently give up, this stuff gets extended?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, lovely, I can't even requote the Douglas Adams quote I used to have here I WANT IT BACK!!!!
Dalo Lorn
DaloLorn, StarCraft 2 Roleplayer and proud of it.
Career Officer
# 135
07-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalolorn View Post
Why is it that every time I realize I'm going to be 1 day short and subsequently give up, this stuff gets extended?
As a famous captain would say: "Never give up. Never surrender!"

Nah, I'm feelin' ya. I'm happy they extended it. But the best thing would be if they never ever again tries to implement huge game breaking patches during time limited events like this ever again.
Career Officer
# 136
07-20-2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwyle View Post
EXCESS EGGS ISSUE
I 100% agree.

I can understand not wanting these eggs to be transferable between characters. That could result in mark farming to excessive proportions. However, perhaps let us trade excess eggs for a few ECs or perhaps some Risian themed DOffs or even some GPL (anything really).

Failing that, can we make a huge OMELETTE on the last day of the event?

EDIT: I'd also like to add that Risa is damned impressive! Well done! More to the point, THANKYOU!
Maybe we could feed the eggs to our tribbles?
Captain
# 137
07-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
You realize that the date listed in game for the event is June 27, 1:00 PM through August 15, 3:00 PM...

...some people thought the event had already been extended to the 15th because of various issues the game has had.

If they didn't happen to see this thread or post, they'd have no idea that they only have through the 4th...

In the rep project, it states:

Claim a Risian Corvette
Exchange 1000 Risian Lohlunat Pearls to receive your very own Risian Corvette starship!

Earn Risian Lohlunat Perals by completing the floater challenge on Risa, during the Summer Event.

If you hail Starfleet/KDF/Rom/whatever - bring up the missions window - there is the banner for the Lohlunat Summer Festival on the left side. Click that, it brings up the following...

Event: Lohlunat Summer Festival

Lohlunat Summer Festival
#118,241

June 27, 1:00pm - August 15, 3:00pm
In Progress

Enjoy the tropical beaches of Risa!

Risa has opened its beaches to all comers for a seasonal celebration!

If you open the calendar, it shows the festival running through the 15th as well.

Personally, I should still be able to get it done - even with the numerous issues STO has experienced since it started...as long as there are not as many issues during the remaining time through the 4th...

...but there are going to be some pissed off folks that thought it was through the 15th.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Rihannsu
# 138
07-20-2013, 03:23 PM
Um...Bran...you may want to fix the event overview in-game, then, because it says the event ends on August 16th.
Career Officer
# 139
07-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Well that makes no dam scene what so ever. So let me understand this correctly . At 40 thingies to reach 1000 thingies for this " item" ( 1000 divided by 40 gives the the figure of 25 days). Then 25 days out form that date( 2 Aug 2013). It all equals, if you did not start as of the 7th of July you are just wasting your time, But the silly Risa Fun land crap goes on until the 15th of august. Are we safe to expect this kind if nonsense in December. For people who don't live in front of a computer and play STO 24\7.
Lt. Commander
# 140
07-21-2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Hey Brandon, do us a favor and read Dev Blog #25 and I quote :

"During the special Lohlunat festival event, captains of all kinds can visit Risa ? to celebrate their culture?s welcoming diversity, the Risians have even negotiated special access for members of the Klingon Defense Force. The Risians will open their event on a new resort island starting at around 10AM PDT on Thursday, June 27, and the festivities will last until server maintenance on Thursday, August 15. To enjoy this event, head to Risa in the Sirius Sector Block, or transwarp there by selecting the event in your Mission Journal?s calendar. KDF captains can head to the borders of the Sirius Sector Block from any adjoining sector and receive special permission to warp directly to the Risa system. Once you arrive, beam down to the planet and join the party!"

What do we read in bold : 15th Of August. With other words, don't dare to stop the event sooner as mentioned date.
Closed Thread