Lieutenant
# 11
07-10-2013, 12:59 PM
Thank God it's not just me. Thought I was going colourblind. All ship colours/skins for my Fed character show as washed out blacks and greys.
***The above ramblings are, as always, my own opinion. Based on my experiences and interpreted by my mind, they by no means reflect the universal truth (unless coincidentally). Peace.***
Ensign
# 12
07-15-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormbringer77 View Post
Thank God it's not just me. Thought I was going colourblind. All ship colours/skins for my Fed character show as washed out blacks and greys.
Same here, I thought it was just me cuz when I got a new ship I couldn't change the colors at all. Thought it might have just been a bug with that ship's texture so I ignored it and now I've just bought another ship and am having the same issue. When I have the time to work through two ships and the bug still persists, it makes me very upset/disappointed.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by northwardbound View Post
I can comfirm this to anyone else reading this. It does, however, present a flaw to those ships, like shuttlecraft, that do not have individual ship parts. For ships like those, it is black or nothing.
I can also confirm that this does work. Thank you for that. I am much less upset with the game now.

Last edited by cdrcain; 07-15-2013 at 10:55 AM.
Commander
# 13
07-21-2013, 12:09 PM
It seems the issue was resolved, somewhat, on the Rom side but now I'm having even worse issues on the Fed side. Since the last patch I can't change the color scheme on any Fed ship at all. And there are still major issues with the costume tailor (and WTH happened to the soft boots? Those are the only footwear options that work with the Motion Picture style uniforms!)
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Career Officer
# 14
07-22-2013, 08:11 AM
I can confirm this also on the Romulan side, none of the color options are working on the ship paint.

STO Open Beta member since 2010.
Rihannsu
# 15
07-22-2013, 08:50 AM
A related issue is when you have shields equipped that change appearance, such as the reman shields, this will lock the skin and not allow changes to the skin. I'm wondering if the two are related.
New home of the Romulan Republic.
I have an idea for what Season 9 should be; Season 9: The Big Bug Fix
Survivor of Remus
# 16
07-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax6996 View Post
It seems the issue was resolved, somewhat, on the Rom side but now I'm having even worse issues on the Fed side. Since the last patch I can't change the color scheme on any Fed ship at all. And there are still major issues with the costume tailor (and WTH happened to the soft boots? Those are the only footwear options that work with the Motion Picture style uniforms!)
The issue is not resolved on the Rom side. I cannot change the colours on any of my warbirds.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seannewboy View Post
A related issue is when you have shields equipped that change appearance, such as the reman shields, this will lock the skin and not allow changes to the skin. I'm wondering if the two are related.
I think this one is more an oversight than a bug (still VERY annoying and it should be investigated, though) and you can fix this by temporarly disabling the visuals by right-clicking on the shield upgrade or removing the ship.

And while it's related to the tailor, would it be possible for the team to consider adding the color patterns of the Risian Corvette to the rest of the player's ships if they unlocked the Corvette?
Empire Veteran
# 18
07-23-2013, 02:42 PM
Update on this bug - there is a workaround.

Choosing one of the basic templates restored the ability to set the colors.

I.e. I clicked on the basic T'Varo template to the left (the only option,) and I could set colors on my T'Varo again.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-23-2013, 07:30 PM
I love the coloring options for the Risian Corvette! plz add that to the reg ships!
Ensign
# 20
07-29-2013, 09:08 AM
I have a Risian Corvette and can not see changes to the colours and patterns in the editor.

I have tried every workaround listed here and it is not working at all.

I however can see the pattern I and colour I have set when on the character select screen, sadly once I load all I see is a dull and plain ship with no pattern and not the colour I want it to be

I really wish they would fix this.