Ensign
# 501
07-15-2013, 11:32 PM
Ok tried the work around again and got it to work.
Followed as set out in the link...

------------------------------------------------

if anyone else is having same problem.
STO launcher didnt show up on my screen.
After starting, icon in taskbar was there but there was no window where u can input username and password to start playing.

1. Start STO
2. start Task manager
3. Applications tab
4. Right click on Star trek online and press Minimize
5. Right click again and press Maximize
(Now launcher is there but Maximized over everything)
6. Escape to close launcher
7. Start STO and there is your launcher again, visible and in normal size.

Hope it helps

((EDIT from BranFlakes: This workaround can be used until a permanent solution is provided. Thanks! -Brandon))

----------------------------------------------------------

Previously I had missed the final step ie 7. Start STO as it was already running, it seems you need to open another window of STO then close the original one and click on the new one in the taskbar to get it to maximise. At least this is what mine is doing, hope it helps someone.
Ensign
# 502
07-18-2013, 06:16 PM
Still no luck with the official exe

Updated upload: https://app.box.com/s/6zuo38i78g167u6obds9

Scan it with Virus Total, treat it like it's infected (though hopefully it isn't)
Starfleet Veteran
# 503
07-19-2013, 03:52 PM
I also have a problem getting into game now for 3 weeks. i posted in the general section but not a useful response.

The loader keeps crashing. ever since the patch nearly 3 weeks ago.
it says cant connect. and if it finally connects it says

"unable to authenticate" or "unable to connect to account server".....

i just keek hammering the login button then and sometimes on the 2343413841 try it works.

mostly i run a verify all data now when the launcher finally logged me in. and then the game starts

but why do i have to verify all stuff again over and over??

why doesnt he launcher work properly?

i also downloaded the up to date launcher after seeing this now it doesnt start at all and keeps saying "loading...."

then i downloaded "ARC" to start the game... same problem cant connect

this problem wasnt there before the mentioned patch i never had connectivity issues and the answer from support to check my internet connection wasnt quite helpfull as i cant write this here using my damned internet.

its a pain , as i have to use 3 hours mostly to connect to the game.. then make the summer event and go again as the time i had in the evening for playing is entirely used for connecting to the game itself

btw other games of you have the same issue at the moment http://blacklight-forum.perfectworld...d.php?t=644711

Last edited by sophus84at; 07-19-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Career Officer
# 504
07-20-2013, 07:20 AM
Same issue, three days of not working. Reinstall not working- latest link not working- instructions to minimize/maximize not working. Furthermore restarting modem/router/computer has also not worked. Is there a specific reason this happens? Running as administrator fails as well. Tried downloading arc and that apparently won't even start up. Nothing in Chrome says it's a plug in to enable.

Last edited by archeoptrix; 07-20-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Ensign
# 505
07-20-2013, 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archeoptrix View Post
Same issue, three days of not working. Reinstall not working- latest link not working- instructions to minimize/maximize not working. Furthermore restarting modem/router/computer has also not worked. Is there a specific reason this happens? Running as administrator fails as well. Tried downloading arc and that apparently won't even start up. Nothing in Chrome says it's a plug in to enable.
Did the same thing, except for downloading Arc,
Same results, game is not working since last patch, and thats before and after emergency maintenance.

Fix it already.
Ensign
# 506
07-20-2013, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdkjhasd View Post
Did the same thing, except for downloading Arc,
Same results, game is not working since last patch, and thats before and after emergency maintenance.

Fix it already.

x2

have same issues, exactly same problems and I am sure many more players face very same problems and issues.
Ensign
# 507
07-21-2013, 07:33 AM
downloaded latest launcher and still having same problem...

Cryptic Launcher Autoupdate
Trying to update the launcher.
Please be patient.
Tried connecting 1 time.

what is going on?
Career Officer
# 508
07-21-2013, 08:36 AM
Ok so I got to login. I have Norton anti virus - under "security" I went to "Manage Firewall" and looked at the big list of programs I have installed. I noticed that "cryptic game launcher" was set to "auto" and changed the option to "allow" - this worked for me.
Ensign
# 509 STO not launching!
07-21-2013, 12:36 PM
For almost a week now there's nothing. Uninstalled STO, reinstalled STO, nothing. Then there's Arc. Uninstalled STO, installed Arc, installed STO through Arc. Launching STO, there's an icon on the Taskbar but nothing else. Checked the antivirus, reset my laptop to a previous restore point, nothing.

Any suggestions? I was working to get a Risian Corvette, I can't see that happening now!
Ensign
# 510
07-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatjanasanche View Post
Ok tried the work around again and got it to work.
Followed as set out in the link...

------------------------------------------------

if anyone else is having same problem.
STO launcher didnt show up on my screen.
After starting, icon in taskbar was there but there was no window where u can input username and password to start playing.

1. Start STO
2. start Task manager
3. Applications tab
4. Right click on Star trek online and press Minimize
5. Right click again and press Maximize
(Now launcher is there but Maximized over everything)
6. Escape to close launcher
7. Start STO and there is your launcher again, visible and in normal size.

Hope it helps

((EDIT from BranFlakes: This workaround can be used until a permanent solution is provided. Thanks! -Brandon))

----------------------------------------------------------

Previously I had missed the final step ie 7. Start STO as it was already running, it seems you need to open another window of STO then close the original one and click on the new one in the taskbar to get it to maximise. At least this is what mine is doing, hope it helps someone.
I'd never got this issue until today. Maximize was unavailable as I have it set to minimize to tray, but I got the gist of what was being done. If you find the maximize button is grayed out or you have the launcher set to minimize to tray, try this alternate route: Follow tatjanasanche's direction for accessing the window menu. Or if you're using Windows 7 like me, hover over the icon for the launcher on the taskbar until you see the window preview. Right-click on the preview, select move, then without touching the mouse or any other keys, use the arrow keys to move the window back into the viewable area. Mine was in the bottom left area of my primary monitor

Last edited by reveever; 07-24-2013 at 11:45 AM.