Empire Veteran
I want to say Thank You for adding these! I bought them the moment I could. I wanted these outfits from the start and when I got my hands on them I pulled up pics of TNG Romulans and went about making very convincing replicas of their outfits.

I wish STO really would have True Grey and True Black though because that would help a lot in color matching.

Also I would really appreciate being able to use these on all my BOFFs even from other factions if that could be possible.
Captain
# 2
07-17-2013, 12:28 PM
You can use the uniform on the Lobi store Romulan bridge officer for what it's worth, even on non-romulan characters. Would be nice if the Embassy bridge officers could equip it as well, but alas they are currently not customizable.
Career Officer
# 3
07-18-2013, 07:04 PM
Yes, I agree these were a welcome addition
Rihannsu
# 4
07-18-2013, 07:07 PM
They are.

There was a caveat, though.

Ever since they got added, several of the Romulan rank pauldrons had their scale changed to the point where they look rather silly now on Romulan females.

I understand that this was done to avoid clipping with the pretty beefy shoulders of the TNG outfits, but that in turn made the pauldrons a significantly less appealing accessory piece on all the other female romulan outfits.

Adding something new was nice. Breaking how something fit with all the rest didn't. But hopefully the cool cat at Cryptic will take notice of the booboo and fix it.
Mhae ir-Virinat t'Rillas, R.R.W Temer
Captain
# 5
07-18-2013, 07:26 PM
Although I won't be getting a TNG Romulan uniform (no use for it on my roleplaying Romulan), I do appreciate the new costume option. Good job

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Retired STO Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
PvP: PvP Boot Camp, the best newbie oriented training initiative in STO!
Rihannsu
# 6
07-19-2013, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
You can use the uniform on the Lobi store Romulan bridge officer for what it's worth, even on non-romulan characters...
Can you clarify this please?

I've had no problems using the Romulan Republic uniforms on my Lobi Lib Borg Romulan BOff, so it doesn't surprise me that they can where these new TNG outfits. However, when my Rom claimed my "Federation" Amazon Lib Borg Engineer (from the C-Store), she could only wear Federation uniforms, and much to my shagrin doesn't match the rest of my crew.

So please re-confirm/clarify your statement when you say the out works "even on non-romulan characters"...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Captain
# 7
07-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordhavelock View Post
Can you clarify this please?

I've had no problems using the Romulan Republic uniforms on my Lobi Lib Borg Romulan BOff, so it doesn't surprise me that they can where these new TNG outfits. However, when my Rom claimed my "Federation" Amazon Lib Borg Engineer (from the C-Store), she could only wear Federation uniforms, and much to my shagrin doesn't match the rest of my crew.

So please re-confirm/clarify your statement when you say the out works "even on non-romulan characters"...

If you are a Federation or Klingon player, and you buy the Lobi store borg, you will find that she is rather....limited on uniform options. She cannot use federation or Klingon uniforms, she cannot use Klingon/federation aligned uniforms, the Tal Shiar Uniform, or even the basic Romulan Republic uniform, she is limited to using the basic civilian Romulan uniform options. But if you buy either the TOS or TNG uniforms, you can use them on her.
Rihannsu
# 8
07-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catoblepasbeta View Post
If you are a Federation or Klingon player, and you buy the Lobi store borg, you will find that she is rather....limited on uniform options. She cannot use federation or Klingon uniforms, she cannot use Klingon/federation aligned uniforms, the Tal Shiar Uniform, or even the basic Romulan Republic uniform, she is limited to using the basic civilian Romulan uniform options. But if you buy either the TOS or TNG uniforms, you can use them on her.
Huh. As I stated, I have the Lobi Store Borg (on my Lib Borg Romulan Captain (Fed-aligned)), and I have her in the Romulan Republic uniform right now. Never had any problem with her uniform, strange that you had issues with it. Either something changed, or you're bugged.

I don't remember what other options (Fed/Rom) that she might have had access to, I only wanted to put her in the RR uni to match the rest of the crew, so I can't attest to any of her other limits might be. I'll try to remember to get in and check out what her options are, now.

Either way, it's nice to know these C-Store unis work.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.