Commander
# 11
05-26-2013, 01:26 AM
and we seriously need to be able to adjust the color and size of the labels above our avatars. the font is too thin with whatever outlining you're using too just making the readability worse, particularly when you're on the ground, but even in space.

they're barely readable now and don't look crisp and clean at all.

-- Smoov

Last edited by smoovious; 05-30-2013 at 10:02 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-27-2013, 03:06 PM
The cartoony new UI and others changes make it look like I'm playing Star Trek Online - The Animated Series.

Thanks for getting rid of any sort of immersion I might have been enjoying... Whew, Don't have to worry about that anymore.

I had always wondered wondered what happened to those folks over at Filmation.

Last edited by kimony; 05-27-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Career Officer
# 13
05-29-2013, 09:25 AM
The new UI actually immerses me further into the game, personally.

As I tested the Legacy of Romulus beta the TNG HUD setting quickly became my favorite. It was the softest on my eyes and fit the aesthetic to a tee. Voyager's I felt was too yellow and cartoonish, it didn't really match up with what I consider LCARS and it hurt my eyes a fair bit too.

Now we're to the release of LoR and I discover that the visual balance has shifted between the two. TNG is now very bright, and thanks to certain parts of the palette, cartoony. Voyager has been toned down and I believe now has TNG's old "frame" color, that very soft, very perfect, yellowish brown. That brown I believe is what helps keep everything just right. TNG now has a harsh yellow that will, for instance, border NPC dialogue. This is what I feel makes it really cartoony and in-your-face.

I would hope that the TNG option could be toned down to how it looked in beta. To me that beta TNG theme was perfect in every respect.

(Taking another look at it I really think it is the yellow and the orange that make it look... I don't want to say it but I have to say make it look bad. The colors just don't go together well imo.)
Number one on my wishlist: New FED transporter effect
Number two: 22nd Century Excursion Jackets
Number three: Handheld communicator animation for non-combadge uniforms
Ensign
# 14
07-21-2013, 02:11 PM
only been playing this game a month or so so only had the UI that is in it now but seen the old one in a vid and OMG i want it the old HUD was like Win 7 to compared to Win Classic that you are using now which is barely passable as a HUD with massive pop ups all the time for everything that someone wants to say during missions..
HUDS are not meant to distract players from the game you know i dont mind the LCARS look but atleast keep it on the same overall design of the original HUD look.. its like being slapped in the face with Win98 layout after using Win7 for years..
Captain
# 15
07-21-2013, 07:04 PM
The only issue I have with the UI is the message pop-ups. I dislike them, especially the inability to move them around anymore. Since they usually pop-up over the top of my teammates status bars, it makes healing a pain in missions like Colony Invasion. Having "Diplomat Secured" cover everyone's status bars is not helpful.

Can you please add a way to move the stupid things around in the "Rearrange HUD" section? Please? Loot Need/Greed/Pass as well, while you are at it...
Lieutenant
# 16
07-22-2013, 04:37 PM
My issues aren't really "new vs old," they're just issues. Like jumping buttons and switching buttons, i.e. the order of momentary (take item, respond to person) buttons changes so that if you hit the activate key you may get an option you don't want.

Then, if you use the mouse, by the time you move to the button it moves to the low priority area on the other side of the screen. Then, you move the cursor there and it moves back to the center.

And I won't stop complaining about combining full throttle with slipstream because it's just a bad idea. It's like making jump and run inseperable.
Ensign
# 17 Sick of it
05-04-2014, 08:10 AM
Im sick of companys that forces me into something i dont like,yes some changes
is needed.But not by force you to like it.Im not going to play this game any more!

It was great while it lasted !!!
Career Officer
# 18
05-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aruk1975 View Post
Im sick of companys that forces me into something i dont like,yes some changes
is needed.But not by force you to like it.Im not going to play this game any more!

It was great while it lasted !!!

Please refrain from necroing threads older than 30 days. If you have a need to post with the same issue and the thread is older than 30 days please start a new thread.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.