Lt. Commander
# 31
07-22-2013, 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Hi PvP Community,

When Boot Camp started many of the PvP Community eagerly jumped on to assist us with coaching.

Please come and help Boot Camp again. Do it for the sake of something that might make a difference. Please believe that the future has a place for PvP.

We are really struggling to coach without experience people willing to help others.

Its really sad, because I read almost every day on OPvP and the forums how frustrated people are, and how PvP is on its last legs, and how no-one PvP's anymore.

Is that it? Are we just going to buy into that reality?

I just don't get people that can complain when there is a group desperate to try and build something. People that are doing it FOR you.

It's like seeing a elderly pedestrian in trouble trying to cross the street, and turning a blind-eye on their suffering.

It's not good enough.

I know that you are there. I see you login everyday.

Sad Pandas, TSI, TRH, Inner Circle - please we can't do this alone.

I have often received personal commitments from upstanding members of PvP.

Well. Its time to stand up.

You know there were other members of bootcamp who helped out with coaching. Could you be bothered to remember their fleets as well? I mean honestly. Are there only 4 fleets in this game? Are the other fleets who chipped in last time or who might be worthy of helping this time not worth you mentioning as well? Lag Industries? S.O.B. maybe? The 528th? Federation Emergency Services? Show me Your Critz? No other decent players in other fleets you can recollect? Perhaps if you were to reach out to more than just the fleets you have friends in you would have more success.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.

Last edited by tripwire690; 07-22-2013 at 11:20 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 32
07-23-2013, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwire690 View Post
You know there were other members of bootcamp who helped out with coaching. Could you be bothered to remember their fleets as well? I mean honestly. Are there only 4 fleets in this game? Are the other fleets who chipped in last time or who might be worthy of helping this time not worth you mentioning as well? Lag Industries? S.O.B. maybe? The 528th? Federation Emergency Services? Show me Your Critz? No other decent players in other fleets you can recollect? Perhaps if you were to reach out to more than just the fleets you have friends in you would have more success.
I can understand your line of reasoning Trip, but...thing is...

None of em have come back really. I'm not exaggerating this. The fleet name doesn't matter, it's still the fact that virtually no one has actually come back to help. There have been bunches of post in this forum, people KNOW that it is still going on. Even if they didn't read the forums here, enough people do read it, and they could probably still have found out.

Now, maybe naming only a few fleets was probably not the wisest of choices for the very reason you seem to be feeling Trip. I don't blame you for feeling that way. But it doesn't change that almost none of them have been doing nearly nothing or nothing in regards to Boot Camp.

I myself have been the primary coach during all three sessions so far with this second class. Yes there are others who've been there, but I've been the primary one. I'm not saying that to brag though. I say it because we could've HAD coaches, there could've BEEN other people there, but there wasn't.

Now, I'm not denying that people have reasons why they simply couldn't help. I'm not saying that Boot Camp takes priority over real life, not at all. But almost NONE of the coaches coming to help still...that does tend to make it quite a downer.

So, I'm totally understanding of what you are saying Trip, but, it doesn't change that the coaches who originally said they would help, so few are really doing all that much.

Lt. Commander
# 33
07-23-2013, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post

None of em have come back really. I'm not exaggerating this. The fleet name doesn't matter, it's still the fact that virtually no one has actually come back to help. There have been bunches of post in this forum, people KNOW that it is still going on. Even if they didn't read the forums here, enough people do read it, and they could probably still have found out.

Now, maybe naming only a few fleets was probably not the wisest of choices for the very reason you seem to be feeling Trip. I don't blame you for feeling that way. But it doesn't change that almost none of them have been doing nearly nothing or nothing in regards to Boot Camp.

I myself have been the primary coach during all three sessions so far with this second class. Yes there are others who've been there, but I've been the primary one. I'm not saying that to brag though. I say it because we could've HAD coaches, there could've BEEN other people there, but there wasn't.

Now, I'm not denying that people have reasons why they simply couldn't help. I'm not saying that Boot Camp takes priority over real life, not at all. But almost NONE of the coaches coming to help still...that does tend to make it quite a downer.

So, I'm totally understanding of what you are saying Trip, but, it doesn't change that the coaches who originally said they would help, so few are really doing all that much.

Jorge and I are willing to help out. Sargon was good at contacting players. No one who is responsible except for Kolln has been on our ts to tell us of bootcamp. Kolln is busy and he did tell me a while back about bootcamp coming up. But in nova core we have a saying. "Real life comes first". The time we put into the game to organize our fleets, tournaments, or bootcamps is because of our passion. But its important to keep in mind its on players free time. And they may be able to help. But not able to keep up with every update or visit these forums everyday. In my opinion the key will be to create a system or even an index of the fleets with admirals and two officers with ts info so that you guys can visit and organize more easily. The forums just isnt as reliable as sending mail in game or stopping by a coaches teamspeak. Its more work for the organizers. But as fleet leaders we know all too well the work that goes into making every day for our players or students a casually normal but pleasurable experience.

-Captain Tripwire-

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.

Last edited by tripwire690; 07-23-2013 at 01:24 AM.
Commander
# 34
07-23-2013, 01:25 AM
Sign me up as a coach. I don't specialize in any particular ship but I can cover general tactics.
K'eg/T'lol/Dude/Yak
Career Officer
# 35
07-23-2013, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post

• Much like Nova Core, we've started doing our own form of Boot Camp during the week.
  • The coaches from LAG i'm aware of Vox & Gramo are busy during the weekends.
  • I wouldn't touch BC at the moment with a 20 feet pole for my own reasons. Having told I'd done enough.
  • Our TS has been very busy the last month or so with other people not just form the fleet hanging out, plus we're starting to connect with other fleets to get players, plenty of other things to be done.

Take your pick, I guess. I know Mr. Wastee from LAG has offered to coach for you including in german.
Empire Veteran
# 36
07-23-2013, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Jorge and I are willing to help out. Sargon was good at contacting players. No one who is responsible except for Kolln has been on our ts to tell us of bootcamp. Kolln is busy and he did tell me a while back about bootcamp coming up. But in nova core we have a saying. "Real life comes first". The time we put into the game to organize our fleets, tournaments, or bootcamps is because of our passion. But its important to keep in mind its on players free time. And they may be able to help. But not able to keep up with every update or visit these forums everyday. In my opinion the key will be to create a system or even an index of the fleets with admirals and two officers with ts info so that you guys can visit and organize more easily. The forums just isnt as reliable as sending mail in game or stopping by a coaches teamspeak. Its more work for the organizers. But as fleet leaders we know all too well the work that goes into making every day for our players or students a casually normal but pleasurable experience.

-Captain Tripwire-
I understand you wholly Trip, and the support is greatly appreciated. I hope to see Jorge and yourself around.

Il admit that a good portion of the issue lies with that Boot Camp has been in a state of flux since Sargon left. Trying to keep all of it in check without him around is difficult to do.

All that said though, I like that idea. It would be an extremely good thing for there to be a gathering of TS/Ventrilo/Mumble/etc information to help keep all the coaches up to date. If you don't mind me saying so, I will pass this idea along because it's a very good one indeed.

Career Officer
# 37
07-23-2013, 01:44 AM
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.

I had a somewhat lengthy post prepared, but it really all boils down to this one thing.
http://hilbertguide.com

Last edited by mancom; 07-23-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Captain
# 38
07-23-2013, 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.

I had a somewhat lengthy post prepared, but it really all boils down to this one thing.
That's a tough one. Course, this is my edited post from earlier in the thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
edit: This was uncalled for on my part, Boot Camp is a good try/endeavor on the part of players to try to improve things - and - any issues with Cryptic should not reflect upon the hard work folks have put into it.
I know that PvP needs warm bodies (source of revenue) for Cryptic to take notice (possibly), but the overall state of things wouldn't have me wishing it on anybody...well, maybe the ex.

But still, things like Boot Camp - along with non-queue events from those involved with Boot Camp, well...it might just have that chance at producing the warm bodies that potentially could result in changes.

Yeah...delusional...I could grumble through multiple posts because of running out of space in a single post...but still, that shouldn't reflect on what the folks in Boot Camp are doing, eh?

If it's just Boot Camp and off to the slaughter of the queues, well - yeah...down with Boot Camp, those EVIL BASTICHES! But, there's been efforts beyond that...so yeah, not so evil bastiches.
Captain
# 39
07-23-2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Hi Tripwire,

My sincere apologies - my post was not intended to exclude anyone in particular, nor included anyone. I simply wrote down whichever came to mind. I should have included them all, you right.

But the intention of my message appeared to be what I needed it to be without being long winded like I can be sometimes. And yes, all those fleet you mentioned helped us enormously, and some of my longest standing friends are in those fleets. I myself was in S.O.B and left on good terms due to my responsibilities at Boot Camp and my desire to remain non-partisan.
Lieutenant
# 40
07-23-2013, 06:49 AM
So, do I have to challenge one of u guys to be considered? I used to fight with Sargon pretty regular.

King@O-G-Money