Commander
# 11
07-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Oh... you mean that check box I disable within 5 seconds of creating a new character? Takes less effort to disable it than it does to make a post on the forums about it
That box is disabled. Thanks for talking about a completely different game's method of dealing with profanity though.

::WARNING:: This game is not intended for use as a source of self-esteem.
Captain
# 12
07-23-2013, 04:20 PM
It also censors totally innocent hungarian words like "door" or "table" . But then again I disable it instantly so its not a problem.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
Republic Veteran
# 13
07-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1derfull1 View Post
That box is disabled. Thanks for talking about a completely different game's method of dealing with profanity though.
Hey, I'm just saying you can disable it. And as for overzealous goes, it could be far far worse... And I gave an example of how worse it can be.
-------------------------------
私は低能に囲まれています。
I'm surrounded by idiots.
Captain
# 14
07-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by o1derfull1 View Post
I wanted to pick the R.X.S. prefix, just because it's different but was prevented from doing so as "profanity is prohibited".
curious, considering the number of ships names I've seen that legitimately should have been snagged by the filter.
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
07-23-2013, 06:00 PM
I was talking to my friends the other night on one of my alts who still had the profanity filter on. In innocent conversation the word fart came up and I noticed it got censored. Fart?! really? I think about all the terrible ship and character names I've seen over the years, but fart is banned. What a galaxy lol.
Captain
# 16
07-23-2013, 06:11 PM
You could call it the RXS Gratia and avoid the problem all together. Same meaning just without the preposition. Which as it is a name, is wholly unneeded anyway if you're into your grammar.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Last edited by tc10b; 07-23-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Captain
# 17
07-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
Okay, stooopid question: We do have an "Excalibur-class" which implies that there was at some point in time a USS Excalibur that was the prototype. Are you telling me that that's blocked too?
Why are you asking me? I have not a clue about an excalibur class nor said anything about it.
Ensign
# 18
07-23-2013, 08:17 PM
I had a similar problem when trying to name my Klingon ship the I.K.S. Ex Inferis, but I managed to get around the problem by removing the space in the name, so it's now the I.K.S. ExInferis. Just a suggestion.
Empire Veteran
# 19
07-25-2013, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenzenarimasen View Post
Profanity filter... profanity filter... *thinks*
Oh... you mean that check box I disable within 5 seconds of creating a new character? Takes less effort to disable it than it does to make a post on the forums about it.
Nope, the one that tells you you can't use a given name. Good luck ignoring that one.
Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-05-2013, 06:21 AM
Yeah those filters mess up chat in other languages.

For example "tard" in French means "late". You use that word a lot when you play video games... but it gets filtered lol !!