Survivor of Romulus
# 21
07-24-2013, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
If the pets are currently balanced, then reducing the cooldowns on other pets but not the JHAS will make the JHAS underpowered relative to other pet options. If they're currently overpowered and not reducing their cooldowns will bring them in line with other pets, it would be nice to know that the devs think that.

It's not a question of "special," it's a question of balance.
the attack ships should be the most powerful pet in the game. all that cash to get an attack ship then pass on flying it just to have carrier pets. thats a hell of alot of cash spent.....
Lieutenant
# 22
07-24-2013, 02:24 AM
@ salamiinferno

I love you! These News are great news regarding the CD reduction for the Carrier Community!*
So no respawn wishes more to get shorter CDs!
And the carrier UI updated is a really great enhancement now!

Honestly I hoped for these news, but I was not really expecting that they are coming.

I really appreciate that, in the past sometimes it looked like that even serious player feedback and concerns was often ignored.
But in the last weeks, it looks to me that this changes.
I know not every concern will be addressed, and many are only "buff my ship" or "don`t nerf it because I am playing this OP ship" => (like Risian ship discussion about speed and defense)

* In my Fleet we already have a Carrier ONLY event (2 Hangar carriers and Dreads) and these are fun like hell for everyone.

However i am wondering how a Risian frigate can outrun especially Fighters!
Survivor of Romulus
# 23
07-24-2013, 02:38 AM
The Dress and Veteran uniforms are trying to charge me 550 zen, hope there is a plan to fix this before it goes live Thursday.

Still no go on getting the Vet ship as well even after I got the requisition form for it, it still will not let me claim it, funny how I can get the vet skin but not the ship, oh well Thursday is not too long to wait, just hope this does not happen on Holodeck.

Quote:
However i am wondering how a Risian frigate can outrun especially Fighters!
the impulse modifier will explain that, best in the game that ship is made for speed.

Last edited by bughunter357; 07-24-2013 at 02:50 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 24
07-24-2013, 02:40 AM
No launching sounds for (Elite) Slavers yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
how does the star system work with skull fighters the whole point of skull figters is they ramm how do they lvl up like other fighters and become more powerful if they are dead?
What might be a cool idea, if they successfully ram a target and die in process your next spawned skull gets the same rank from it's former self.

That way they can level while using their main attack ability.

To loose stars they just have to die any other way when ram isn't engaged.

That or a successful ram grants 100% hull heal to the fighter?
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Benthan, Voth Fighter. Favs - Bulwark, Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Nicor, Mat'Ha
Some others - Qib, Orion Marauder, Guramba, JHEC, JAS, Bastion

Last edited by eradicator84; 07-24-2013 at 02:42 AM.
Career Officer
# 25
07-24-2013, 02:54 AM
Why remove Terradome? It is a popular mission within our fleet and always offers a challenge.

Rework it by all means but why take it down until the new version is ready? Are you really so short of HDD space, if so I'll mail you a 320 Gb HDD you can plug in and store it there!

I mean really guys, your Hive Onslaught mission is unplayable and you spend resources removing a perfectly serviceable mission that many people enjoy. Your logic escapes me!

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Finally the KDF get a real killer ship:[Combat (Self)] Your Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo - High Yield III deals 229218 (73803) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Gateway.
Captain
# 26
07-24-2013, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Scorpion Fighters: Torpedo High Yield cooldowns reduced from 70sec to 30sec (Elite only)
Versus 6 x torpedo high yield every 19 seconds right now (to the correct shield facing).

I realize you people are trying to remove "pet spam", as probably the only one on the forum, but please re-consider the significance of the nerf.

Pets are not going to survive 5 minutes, they shoot the wrong shield facing, circle with their turrets we lose dps and we can no longer unbug their AI when they stop responding.

Please I beg you don't do this we need the respawning above all else
Survivor of Romulus
# 27
07-24-2013, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestereng View Post
Versus 6 x torpedo high yield every 19 seconds right now (to the correct shield facing).

I realize you people are trying to remove "pet spam", as probably the only one on the forum, but please re-consider the significance of the nerf.

Pets are not going to survive 5 minutes, they shoot the wrong shield facing, circle with their turrets we lose dps and we can no longer unbug their AI when they stop responding.

Please I beg you don't do this we need the respawning above all else
I dont think you understand what that change means...it is not a nerf, its buffing the scorpions...70 seconds was the cooldown on high yield ability for that fighter, now its 30 seconds.

Sounds a whole let better to me
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
07-24-2013, 06:03 AM
Can we have the Terradome prop for the foundry then?
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-24-2013, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
It's something we would love to bring back in the future after it's re-worked. We don't have an ETA to share at this time for that, though.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
So for no reson at all...
Leave it in the game and switch it when you have re-worked it...
Are you removing it because its a mission where people must think a bit ??
Keybind: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...&postcount=463
Bone1970 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
Bone Trader don't belief in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac.
Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Lieutenant
# 30
07-24-2013, 07:10 AM
> the impulse modifier will explain that, best in the game that ship is made for speed.

lol,
I understand the game mechanics and ship parameters well...
It is only completely not logic and unreasonable.
Because a Fighter lives only from Speed and maneuverability.
Now the game want to explain me, that a ship with the mass of 1000 (or 10000?) fighters can outmaneuver and outrun a Fighter ... Ah yes lol.
That`s like A747-8 can do this with a F16.