Commander
# 81
07-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyalmeida2 View Post
Tholian proc is lol. Funny how our phaser proc doesn't even compare and they're supposed to do the same thing.
I totally agree.

However, this thread's OP is evidence of what would most likely flood the forums if our buffs, debuffs, abilities and procs did the same stuff. Nothing should be OP and nothing should UP, but since we all seem to be quite happy to have '5 minute cure' builds, the only chance the NPC's have is to be buffed to the eyeballs. I think sometimes there is a serious lack of objectivity about a great many elements from a large number of the players of this game, and I am not excluded.

*Disclaimer - this is not a gripe against 5 minute cure builds. The state of the game is the state of the game.*

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Captain
# 82
07-18-2013, 07:27 PM
IMO power creep is a necessity in F2P models.
Lieutenant
# 83
07-20-2013, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uss917019 View Post
OK guys the title of this is just an expression saying that the Tholians are the most annoying enemies look all they do is the same god damn thing again and again heres an example:

1st they shoot you
2nd they starting to remove your weapons
3rd depend on the level group is there they shoot there electrical charges and is so not effective against me but I think cryptic made does just to mess with your computer and mix you up so your screen gets full of electric for nothing
4rth now they start putting these caging spam

And they restart the same cycle over and over.

Now I am trying to target the little nodes on the side to get out but you know what I am clicking a lot and it does nothing on them, I look at my weapon power fully charged but still my weapons wont work this issue needs to be fixed.
See, all I see is "Whaaa. Whaaaa. An enemy that doesnt let me just blow them away with my 1337 Dhc's!".
Captain
# 84
07-20-2013, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carasucia83 View Post
Now...

"1st they shoot you"

Yes. For this reason we call them 'enemies' and is a common mechanic used in many games.

"2nd they starting to remove your weapons"

Yes. This is usually the result of one of two things: One is called 'Science', the other is a 'Special Weapon Bonus Effect'. None of the NPCs have posted on the forums yet about how our abilities and weapon procs affect them, but when that day comes, I fully expect you to be first in line to defend their position.

"3rd depend on the level group is there they shoot there electrical charges and is so not effective against me but I think cryptic made does just to mess with your computer and mix you up so your screen gets full of electric for nothing"

Yes. It needs buffing so that it can actually hurt you. So I guess I agree with you there.

"4rth now they start putting these caging spam"

Yes. This is very easy to nullify using a variety of means available to all captain types in all types of ship. It is also part of what differentiates them from other enemies you may encounter. Every race you encounter in the game has a different one. Borg have one. Klingons have one. Mirror Universe have one. Romulans Have one. Elachi have one. Gorn have one. Nausicaans have one. Breen have one. Hirogen have one. In fact, most Enemy NPCs in most games have one.

"And they restart the same cycle over and over."

Yes, yes they do. Just like you do too, when you kill things.
Give this guy a medal. DO IT. DO IT NAO!!!!

(and then get to d choppa after ;P)
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
# 85
07-20-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carasucia83 View Post
"2nd they starting to remove your weapons"

Yes. This is usually the result of one of two things: One is called 'Science', the other is a 'Special Weapon Bonus Effect'. None of the NPCs have posted on the forums yet about how our abilities and weapon procs affect them, but when that day comes, I fully expect you to be first in line to defend their position.
I do remember a NPC Mogai Warbird making posts on this forum a while back complaining about how feds would invade there territory and destroy them over and over, i cant find the post atm tho
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page
Republic Veteran
# 86
07-20-2013, 09:21 AM
I find the AI thinks rather 2 dimensional. I fly high and I fly low and I seem to avoid most of their webs. Tho, as soon as I see a web I target its nodes to release my trapped team member. Love it when I get trapped inside a web with a target, I still have something to shoot at till the web goes away.

EDIT: I got a Sonic Antiproton High Density Beam Rifle Mk XII [CrtH] [Sonic]. Tracks with the Tholian doing constant damage as it skitters around, so all I go to do is hold down the fire button and wave in the basic direction of the Tholian. They Die. I Keep it as a secondary weapon just to hot swap for them. It came out of a blue box prize for completing a medium mission on Nukura Prime. They can be bought on the Exchange too.

Last edited by revlot; 07-22-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Career Officer
# 87
07-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
Also, warp cores just added a new way to get a free single system repair: Search for [WCap] under warp cores. Right now, you can expect to spend a few million for one, but it's coming down pretty rapidly and should stabilize in the next couple weeks.
I dunno about that it still costs 74 mil just to buy a temporal destroyer and 94 mil to buy a temporal science vessel.
I would like for the devs to open a poll/feedback thread on what exactly the players would like to see in the near future for the game.
Starfleet Veteran
# 88
07-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1tigglet View Post
I dunno about that it still costs 74 mil just to buy a temporal destroyer and 94 mil to buy a temporal science vessel.
Temporal destroyers aren't having fleet vendors gut demand. By the time I'd posted that, the price of mk xi purple warp cores had dropped by 60%, and right now it's less than half what it was then, and nobody even has the top tier unlocked in their mines yet.

Last edited by hevach; 07-24-2013 at 11:05 AM.
Captain
# 89
07-24-2013, 01:21 PM
LESS Tholians? You kiddin'?

At the moment Tholians are seriously underrated. They only pop up in 1 normal mission: Temporal Ambassador. And guess what? NO ground combat and the space combat is a joke since you can't die, have Mk XII Very Rare stuff AND get help from a ship from the future, which oneshots a Tarantula.

I'd say: MORE Tholians. Give them a few missions of their own. Let them do stuff on a stranded Monarch-class for example (should satisfy the lovers of that ship). They deserve it.

Haters gonna hate ;D
Not knowing something isn't a sign of stupidity, not asking is.
WE NEED THE EXCELSIOR ERA BRIDGES INGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Undine of Ganalda - a forum light RP game
Proud leader of Delta Task Force
Career Officer
# 90
07-24-2013, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by uss917019 View Post
OK guys the title of this is just an expression saying that the Tholians are the most annoying enemies look all they do is the same god damn thing again and again heres an example:

1st they shoot you
2nd they starting to remove your weapons
3rd depend on the level group is there they shoot there electrical charges and is so not effective against me but I think cryptic made does just to mess with your computer and mix you up so your screen gets full of electric for nothing
4rth now they start putting these caging spam

And they restart the same cycle over and over.

Now I am trying to target the little nodes on the side to get out but you know what I am clicking a lot and it does nothing on them, I look at my weapon power fully charged but still my weapons wont work this issue needs to be fixed.
1. everyone shoots at you, so does this mean you also hate:
klingons, romulans, cardassians, the true way, the dominion, the breen, the undine, the mirror forces, the borg, the iconians, the elachi, and every random unexplored sector species that cryptic throws at you

2. never encountered this glitch, so....full of it

3. what electric charges? unless you have the original crystalline nanofiber set....full of it

4. the tholian webs only come from orb weavers and stasis drones...so.......full of it

as for your first statement of "most annoying enemies" have you even gone up against the latest AI for the borg spheres; those things run run run the flake away from you if you shoot them, and outrun your targetable torpedoes like nothing...so....THOSE dudes are annoying

the Elachi have this thing where they subspace jump behind you all the time, THAT is annoying; the Tholians....are manageable like EVERY other enemy in the game

please.....no trolling on the forum