Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Career Officer
# 611
07-23-2013, 02:31 AM
Is there any update or official word on this issue? namely people not getting july stipends? I've been away for a while so IDK about june or earlier but I'm 99.9% sure I didn't get a july stipend. I am a collector-lifer since day 1 and have the legacy pack plus have spent $100s more. PWE can't complain that I haven't given enough money.
Career Officer
# 612
07-23-2013, 05:03 AM
I too suffer from the closed ticket syndrome...

1. I haven't recieved a requested ledger... much less one that shows what I spent Zen on.

2. The 500 zen stipend I recieved yesterday is this for March? April? May? June? or July? The still owe me 2,000 Zen by my reckoning and yes I kept records because I wanted to buy a pack of ships. I also know that I spent $70.00 additional dollars on Zen while not realizing you intended to stiff me.

3. It would sure be nice to have a 1-800-800 Cryptic number to call and speak to a live person rather than be left on permanent hold. Oh and that person should be absolutely fluent in English.

4. What is to stop this non-sense from happening again? Is there a liason to the customer service where we can get information as to what "REALLY" happened?
Rihannsu
# 613
07-23-2013, 07:32 AM
I haven't received a stipend since march - april..... I was thinking of putting in a ticket but judging from this thread that will be a complete waste of time....

Maybe in order to get this rather large problem fixed we should petition to have branflakes removed as community manager, as he is clearly not doing his job properly since as community manager he should have been all over this problem like a rash instead ignoring it to focus more on the fluff PR stuff. Maybe a threat to his job will get some action going on getting this problem fixed.
-----------------------------------------------

HHMMMMMmmmmm, Pizza !!!!!
Rihannsu
# 614
07-23-2013, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meehee View Post
I haven't received a stipend since march - april..... I was thinking of putting in a ticket but judging from this thread that will be a complete waste of time....

Maybe in order to get this rather large problem fixed we should petition to have branflakes removed as community manager, as he is clearly not doing his job properly since as community manager he should have been all over this problem like a rash instead ignoring it to focus more on the fluff PR stuff. Maybe a threat to his job will get some action going on getting this problem fixed.
This is a Cryptic problem, he works for PWE, it would not help. He is a facilitator, he makes sure the 3 entities communicate. The 3 i am talking about would be PWE, Cryptic, and the players.
New home of the Romulan Republic.
I have an idea for what Season 9 should be; Season 9: The Big Bug Fix
Career Officer
# 615
07-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Even still communication with a Liason on a DAILY BASIS during an ongoing problem would help to alleviate the stress that many players have felt over the last 180 days. After all being a "Manager" of the forum it would seem plausible to tell the players something if nothing else to say have guys be patient we are making progress. Instead we recieved the "Obsidian Order Of Silence" unless we strayed over the line and got warnings or infractions. We the players have no one else to turn to in a crisis like this.
Community Moderator
# 616
07-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnthebard View Post
Even still communication with a Liason on a DAILY BASIS during an ongoing problem would help to alleviate the stress that many players have felt over the last 180 days. After all being a "Manager" of the forum it would seem plausible to tell the players something if nothing else to say have guys be patient we are making progress. Instead we recieved the "Obsidian Order Of Silence" unless we strayed over the line and got warnings or infractions. We the players have no one else to turn to in a crisis like this.
Actually, Brandon has commented on this thread many times and said almost the same thing every time. There isn't much else he can say
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Lt. Commander
# 617
07-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Actually, Brandon has commented on this thread many times and said almost the same thing every time. There isn't much else he can say
So we get automated mails from customer support and automated answer from Brandon (bran i do know that you are just doing what you are told to)!
why should i keep paying a subscription?
i regret that my subscription its paid up untill september....
I was so happy the 29th of june when I received my june stipend and an appology (ref 130629-002539) that i spent some extra cash (REAL MONEY) on the (still bugged) scimitar bundle! STUPID ME
how do you say? "fool me once shame on you fool me twice........."
Ensign
# 618
07-24-2013, 10:08 AM
For the record it is not only those who have been subscribing since April or before who are not receiving their stipend.

I resumed playing the game in June of this year after a break of at least a year. When I started playing again I commenced a subscription (Gold membership).

My monthly subscription has renewed, the payment made, but no stipend. A ticket has been submitted and now in the third day after submitting the ticket I am still awaiting a response of any kind. A friend of mine who joined at the same time is having similar issues too.

Now whilst I'm aware of the issue back in April that has apparently been resolved, however, 62 pages of this thread is too much to go through, is there any official explanation as to what people are having to endure at the moment?

Thanks.
Republic Veteran
# 619
07-25-2013, 12:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maendor View Post
For the record it is not only those who have been subscribing since April or before who are not receiving their stipend.

I resumed playing the game in June of this year after a break of at least a year. When I started playing again I commenced a subscription (Gold membership).

My monthly subscription has renewed, the payment made, but no stipend. A ticket has been submitted and now in the third day after submitting the ticket I am still awaiting a response of any kind. A friend of mine who joined at the same time is having similar issues too.

Now whilst I'm aware of the issue back in April that has apparently been resolved, however, 62 pages of this thread is too much to go through, is there any official explanation as to what people are having to endure at the moment?

Thanks.
To give you a brief synopsis, back in April or May, Cryptic made an error in their internal bookkeeping. As far as I know, nobody hacked them, nobody externally made the error and being cheap, petty, and mean (traditional meaning), they chose to allow their company's reputation (such as it is) to take another hit to offset the "lost income" (they didn't lose anything since it isn't real money) and recoup the 'not-money' by recovering every non-cent of the not-money from the paying subscribers and lifetime subscribers.

I know for my part, I had intended to purchase the Andorian set as well as the new Romulan set over the next couple of months but that changed when the announcement was made and I didn't get my stipend for the next three months. I am certain that I was not one of the people that received the extra stipend but since I had also purchased a fair amount of zen during a sale at about that time, it was difficult for me to research and "prove" it to Cryptic. My wife's account was also hit by the error on Cryptic's part and she hasn't gotten her stipend even for July yet but we hadn't checked on when hers was due.

In the end, company makes mistake, further damages reputation by recouping the lost non-money, loses $100.00 from at least one customer (pretty sure I ain't the only one), and still insists that they're "in the right". Being in the right is fine unless you're being petty about income that doesn't exist and losing more money than you could possibly have ever saved. In my case, they recovered fifteen dollars of not-money and lost one hundred dollars of real money making a net loss of eighty-five dollars and that's not even counting damaging their already well earned and sullied reputation as liars and grifters.
Ensign
# 620
07-25-2013, 02:52 AM
Thank you for the explanation; I had thought that given I was not subscribing when this issue occurred it was something else.

It seems that anyone who now takes out a subscription is being deprived of their monthly stipend. Unless of course someone from PWE can clarify the matter?