Captain
Devs,

A while ago, you ran a promo in which players could open the Cardassian and Ferengi Lockboxes with an increased chance to get the jackpot ships. With the upcoming Romulan TimeShip, I see another chance for you to make alot of money by running a similar promo when the TimeShip is ready.

I personally would pay alot of ZEN just to get 2 ships at least, but not with these odds. But if you ran a promo like the one I am suggesting, I would buy keys in a heartbeat.
Captain
# 2
07-24-2013, 11:28 AM
Hmm, would have thought this would have some replies by now. So no one wants a gold temporal lockbox?
Survivor of Remus
# 3
07-24-2013, 11:34 AM
They threw out the idea of the gold box a long while ago. I think having a 2 tiered box system was a terrible decision both from a player point of view and a business point of view.

Back when there were gold boxes, you only opened a standard box if you were desperate, this way probably sold much fewer keys and in general had more unpleasantness.
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
07-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Lockboxes are a ripoff. Just buy it from the exchange.
Career Officer
# 5
07-24-2013, 11:51 AM
When they re-run prior lockboxes, they don't increase the chance of winning. They just add the old boxes back to the rewards table for a while. That's all.

If you want a ship, save up the EC to buy it from the exchange.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
07-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvalle View Post
Lockboxes are a ripoff. Just buy it from the exchange.
Good advice, which of course relies on others being ripped off.
Captain
# 7
07-24-2013, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by originpi View Post
They threw out the idea of the gold box a long while ago. I think having a 2 tiered box system was a terrible decision both from a player point of view and a business point of view.

Back when there were gold boxes, you only opened a standard box if you were desperate, this way probably sold much fewer keys and in general had more unpleasantness.
When there were gold boxes, I only ever saw ONE... in a need/greed/pass loot drop.