Lt. Commander
# 1 Other ways to d/load patch faster
04-02-2010, 10:57 PM
H Guys,

Is there a way of downloading the patch to one computer i.e. my main desktop and transferring certain fles to my laptop so can play the game on my laptop when needed without having to download the patch twice chewing up valuable download quotas. Any help would be apprecated.

Thanks guys.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-02-2010, 11:33 PM
No, but you could copy the complete game folder from the patched computer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-02-2010, 11:58 PM
No, there is no solution that works easily and apparently the Devs aren't going to include one. I brought this up a few weeks ago before the season 1 patch and the response from the devs seems to indicate to me that they all live in a mystical fantasy world where everyone has unlimited bandwidth and only one PC per household has a copy of STO on it.

Haven't found a good solution that work yet, even copying hte game files wasts hundreds of megs "Syncing" the game to the server.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Easy solution: use a folder sync tool. It will only copy missing and newer files if configured right.
Ensign
# 5
07-21-2013, 09:31 PM
what the hell this patching almost 4 hours
Rihannsu
# 6
07-21-2013, 09:57 PM
You're new here, so you probably don't know, but it's frowned upon to post in threads that are more then a month or two old, this thread is 3 years old.

A good rule of thumb is to avoid threads where the posters are all listed as "archived post" those predate the new boards and are therefore at least a year old.
Lieutenant
# 7
07-24-2013, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
H Guys,

Is there a way of downloading the patch to one computer i.e. my main desktop and transferring certain fles to my laptop so can play the game on my laptop when needed without having to download the patch twice chewing up valuable download quotas. Any help would be apprecated.

Thanks guys.
There is a solution, and i have been using it
When you first download Star Trek Online, it will ask you where you wish to save the files to

A folder with the build will be created
eg: Star Trek ST.25.20121026a.2

Save this somewhere and run the install to install the base client.
Run the launcher, options, disable patches.
Let the program run
Commander
# 8
07-24-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f9thaceshigh View Post
You're new here, so you probably don't know, but it's frowned upon to post in threads that are more then a month or two old, this thread is 3 years old.

A good rule of thumb is to avoid threads where the posters are all listed as "archived post" those predate the new boards and are therefore at least a year old.
I am also new to the STO forums. I have been on ones before that didn't like you to start a new thread with the exact same thread, if you can find one already started even though it was an old one. Is it okay to start up a post with the same information, or is there a place where all of the "archived post" are consolidated so that if the issue comes up again, it can be opened back up for discussion, or to find help?

Thanks,

Tim.
Captain
# 9
07-24-2013, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by razar2380 View Post
I am also new to the STO forums. I have been on ones before that didn't like you to start a new thread with the exact same thread, if you can find one already started even though it was an old one. Is it okay to start up a post with the same information, or is there a place where all of the "archived post" are consolidated so that if the issue comes up again, it can be opened back up for discussion, or to find help?

Thanks,

Tim.
You can find the rules for the forums sticked at the top where you can see the rule about posting in old threads in the Spamming section.

STO is not like those other forums, because unlike some subjects, things change so much that older threads can often have out of date information. For example, not that long someone posted in a 2 year old thread asking why STO didn't have a certain feature basically saying 'Yeah, why doesn't it?' except that in the intervening time, the feature HAD already been added, so they were only confusing later people who saw the thread.

Unless the thread is a stickied thread, the rule is not to post in threads where the last post is longer than 30 days. Make a new thread instead. You won't get in trouble for it, and it is in fact what they want you to do. (At the same time, please do not go and make a new thread if there is already one on the topic in the first couple pages. Such as 'Is the server down?' which usually ends up with a dozen or more threads being merged together as a result.)

===post above is by tangolight===

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further ~BranFlakes
Ainu - Join Date: Aug 2008
Foundry Missions: 1) The Source of Power (ST-HSWUBD5TQ) [Federation] 16+
-----=====*****<[ Fleet Recruitment Thread ]>*****=====-----

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 07-24-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Closed Thread