Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 279
# 31
07-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
Thou shalt read what is written before posting. I wrote that when I use Beam Overload it drops my weapon power only a few points below the unbuffed shield power. (And that's even possibly moot now since I am experimenting with Attack Patterns in its stead.)



Yeah, I prefer a bonus that scales of 90-125 unbuffed weapon power to one that scales of 74 shield power that can be buffed with EPtS.





Funny, first you write that it depends on skills and presets, then you write that W-> is bad. It's not. It's bad for some builds and best for others. For my Aventine and my play style it's the best option. Period.
Going to disagree with you. Like others have said here...W>A is not a good idea. What you need for a max wep power build on that vesta is ??>W. I run a fleet warp core with A>W and before installing warp core I preset my wep power to 125, installed that new core, and unlocked the wep and aux power tabs, and began dragging my wep down as the aux filled up. It stayed at 125 wep power for awhile, and eventually got my aux to raise to 90. So now I run with 125 weps, 75 shields, 65 engines and 90 aux. I also specced 6 into flow cap and run the leech. In combat my power levels hover in the 90's-100 range.

No problems whatsoever. Forget W>A, go with A>W. Try it at least before you say it doesnt work. And if you need to use an aux battery to bump you all the way if your not there already from the leech, then use one.

Last edited by corvalle; 07-11-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,674
# 32
07-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvalle View Post
Going to disagree with you. Like others have said here...W>A is not a good idea. What you need for a max wep power build on that vesta is ??>W. I run a fleet warp core with A>W and before installing warp core I preset my wep power to 125, installed that new core, and unlocked the wep and aux power tabs, and began dragging my wep down as the aux filled up. It stayed at 125 wep power for awhile, and eventually got my aux to raise to 90. So now I run with 125 weps, 75 shields, 65 engines and 90 aux. I also specced 6 into flow cap and run the leech. In combat my power levels hover in the 90's-100 range.

No problems whatsoever. Forget W>A, go with A>W. Try it at least before you say it doesnt work. And if you need to use an aux battery to bump you all the way if your not there already from the leech, then use one.
Funny, I have all the energy skills maxed out, two efficient BOs and a Captain who's a Warp Theorist, the Assimilated Module and the Zero-Point Energy Conduit. (Absolutely no interest in using Leech or Battery, sorry. The MACO shield bonus is enough for me.) With an Overcharged Warp Core with [Eff] and [W->A] I have 125 weapon power, 73 shields, 54 engines and 78 auxiliary. Using the same warp core just with [A->W] and lowering the weapon power as you said leaves me with 125 weapons, 73 shields, 54 engines and 72 Auxiliary.
With the W->A 125 weapon power gives me a boost of 9,375 points to my aux. In the extremely rare case that my weapon power drops to 90 due to drain the bonus is still 6,75. Meaning the Aux power drops by 3 (rounded up). 78-3 is still better than 72. So I am sorry but you are wrong. For my build a W->A warp core is better. Proving it just cost me 450,000 EC.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.

Last edited by assimilatedktar; 07-11-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 630
# 33
07-25-2013, 02:21 AM
Interesting thread. Any suggestions re: the best core for an A2B build? Does it make sense to look for a core that provides [?->A] as a way to mitigate the "dry aux tank" syndrome that comes with A2B? Do any of the available Fleet cores look like a fit for my situation? One has an [E->A] mod, but perhaps [W->A] would deliver better results? Or am I simply throwing power down a hole since I'm draining Aux all the time?

Note: Running the Leech on an all-polaron FAHCR.

Advice/suggestions appreciated...

RCK
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,051
# 34
07-25-2013, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rck01 View Post
Or am I simply throwing power down a hole since I'm draining Aux all the time?
Using Aux2Batt anything that adds power to aux is a waste, the only way I have found to maintain 5 aux power using aux2batt is using the engineer EPS trait though I'm not sure if that is WAI, I would suggest W->E personally.

Getting back to the opening subject of the thread though, my sci ship uses an overcharged core which is not available in elite fleet edition and my cruiser uses "[EPS] [W->E]" which also doesn't exist in elite fleet reinforced so thusfar only my escort has an elite fleet core option.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 630
# 35
07-25-2013, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkafei View Post
Using Aux2Batt anything that adds power to aux is a waste, the only way I have found to maintain 5 aux power using aux2batt is using the engineer EPS trait though I'm not sure if that is WAI, I would suggest W->E personally.

Getting back to the opening subject of the thread though, my sci ship uses an overcharged core which is not available in elite fleet edition and my cruiser uses "[EPS] [W->E]" which also doesn't exist in elite fleet reinforced so thusfar only my escort has an elite fleet core option.
In the end I decided to just grab a Rare Mark 11 Overcharged [Eff] [A->W] [Trans] off of the Exchange for 500K EC. It basically replaced my identical Hyper core, but instead of a passive boost to Engines I'm getting one to Aux, especially at low power situations. So far, it's helping - I'm seeing less of the "aux tank empty you're screwed" situations, and I used the Dil and Fleet credit I saved to buy a nice Embassy Mark 11 Flow Cap console with hull repair as well as another Fleet Mark 10 Neutronium with the [HP] mod (I already had one with the [HullRep] mod).

And I still have a bunch of Dil and Credit left - money much more intelligently spent, I believe, especially in the "improved tankability" department. I can now average 11-12K DPS while smiling at the ESTF NPCs with that "you can't touch me" grin.

RCK
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,003
# 36
07-28-2013, 08:42 PM
Aventine, huh?

You running the Dual Aux Cannons or a "traditional" build?

On a traditional build, polarons / thalorons / plasma, then yeah, Overcharged, W -> A is most likely the mod to grab because these versions need to run the "traditional" 125 / 25 / 25 / 50 build, and to make that sci cmdr slot useful you'd want as high an Aux as possible. If you're using the Aux Cannons, then overcharged, A -> X. I prefer A -> W myself, since you'd run 125 aux to fuel the cannons and I use the bonus to weapons to slip some extra power over to weapons for the tail KCB & turrets that run off weapons power...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 650
# 37
08-01-2013, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by originpi View Post
I think there should be a sticky saying something along the lines of

"If you refuse to use the fleet system the way it is intended and choose to form a fleet entirely by yourself, you have no right to complain about the fleet rewards system"

Seriously people, either buy into fleets or don't.
here here

Though other than the fleet shields and maybe weapons I still haven't found anything worth buying for my ships yet. Well except purple doffs.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,674
# 38
08-07-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareau View Post
Aventine, huh?

You running the Dual Aux Cannons or a "traditional" build?

On a traditional build, polarons / thalorons / plasma, then yeah, Overcharged, W -> A is most likely the mod to grab because these versions need to run the "traditional" 125 / 25 / 25 / 50 build, and to make that sci cmdr slot useful you'd want as high an Aux as possible. If you're using the Aux Cannons, then overcharged, A -> X. I prefer A -> W myself, since you'd run 125 aux to fuel the cannons and I use the bonus to weapons to slip some extra power over to weapons for the tail KCB & turrets that run off weapons power...
4 Romulan plasma beam arrays. With the experimental one they barely drain any power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by milanvorius View Post
here here

Though other than the fleet shields and maybe weapons I still haven't found anything worth buying for my ships yet. Well except purple doffs.
So your point concerning that advanced warp and singularity cores are only useful to some builds is?
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:37 PM.