Career Officer
# 1 Undo the slaver changes!!!
07-25-2013, 09:37 AM
I just patched and went on tribble to test what changes were made to the orion slavers and I can't honestly believe why in the world why cryptic would change how much they steal. Before the patch elite slavers would pickup at random EC of course, 2/4/ or 6 regular commodites, 2/4/ or 6 contrabands, always 3 or any of the blue gamma quadrant commodities, and once in blue moon a white prisoner doff. Here's what changed you only can get 1 or 2 of any commodity when they steal from a npc weather it be white/green/or blue commodities. On top of that with the unable to respawn fresh hangers unless they die which means they pickup a whole let less since you can't take advantage of the proc from fresh hangers. So in a since the slavers got a double nerf and for all the resources and hard work grinding 200k fleet credits and 90k dilithium to buy both elite slavers I think that the slavers need to be rolled back to what they were. I mean come on you never in a instance long enough for the slavers to pick up anything most of the time as it is. I don't know how many times I have done a STF and maybe got one steal of a green or better from the slavers. Its just now to me the elite slavers are now as useless as the regular orion slavers where when the game first launched.

Last edited by csx6245; 07-25-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 2
07-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csx6245 View Post
I just patched and went on tribble to test what changes were made to the orion slavers and I can't honestly believe why in the world why cryptic would change how much they steal. Before the patch elite slavers would pickup at random EC of course, 2/4/ or 6 regular commodites, 2/4/ or 6 contrabands, always 3 or any of the blue gamma quadrant commodities, and once in blue moon a white prisoner doff. Here's what changed you only can get 1 or 2 of any commodity when they steal from a npc weather it be white/green/or blue commodities. On top of that with the unable to respawn fresh hangers unless they die which means they pickup a whole let less since you can't take advantage of the proc from fresh hangers. So in a since the slavers got a double nerf and for all the resources and hard work grinding 200k fleet credits and 90k dilithium to buy both elite slavers I think that the slavers need to be rolled back to what they were. I mean come on you never in a instance long enough for the slavers to pick up anything most of the time as it is. I don't know how many times I have done a STF and maybe got one steal of a green or better from the slavers. Its just now to me the elite slavers are now as useless as the regular orion slavers where when the game first launched.
The weird thing is that the toon I use them on hardly ever got any drops but when I used elite ones I had to play for about 5 or 6 hours with it before I got the blue commodities. If it will loot for me at all it would be a positive change.
Career Officer
# 3 Slavers effectivley nerfed
07-25-2013, 12:02 PM
Guys - the problem with Advanced Slavers wasn't their effective drop rate -it was the fact that they DIDN'T WORK AT ALL.

Their former raiding rate was just fine. You guys missed the ball and the point.

I can imagine this new loot table is likely very much bereft of contraband.
Captain
# 4
07-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
The weird thing is that the toon I use them on hardly ever got any drops but when I used elite ones I had to play for about 5 or 6 hours with it before I got the blue commodities. If it will loot for me at all it would be a positive change.
Yeah. I'll take consistent drop rates and small drop magnitudes over hours-long dry spells and modest drop magnitudes, thanks.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
07-25-2013, 12:15 PM
1) Slavers had their chance to steal goods almost tripled in this patch.
2) Relaunch timers never mattered, because Slavers attempt to steal every 15seconds. Hangars would have to refresh 2x this fast in order to have any impact on their ability to steal loot.
3) The average EC value taken over time has been more than doubled, despite these reductions. It's just far less spikey & inconsistent, now.
4) No individual items have been removed from the drop tables - you can still get DS9 commodities, Contraband and Prisoner Doffs. It's only the odds of receiving large numbers of them that've been reduced.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
07-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
2) Relaunch timers never mattered, because Slavers attempt to steal every 15seconds. Hangars would have to refresh 2x this fast in order to have any impact on their ability to steal loot.
3) The average EC value taken over time has been more than doubled, despite these reductions. It's just far less spikey & inconsistent, now.
4) No individual items have been removed from the drop tables - you can still get DS9 commodities, Contraband and Prisoner Doffs. It's only the odds of receiving large numbers of them that've been reduced.
This is actually good news, the day before i only won 300ec for drops durring my daily dilithium run, and yesterday won 2 regualr commodities...I felt like "Big Boy Caprice" In that **** Tracy movie when the bag man dropped a dollar on his table =U.U= [ $ ]

...hey, I didnt curse that was his name! :/
My Ferasan speaks out on Nerfing his stuff.
Every episode of TNG if written by STO_How Picard dealt with ARC_Cat hug_No to ARC!
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-25-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
So does this mean that there is now a nearly tripled chance of getting at getting 1/6 the amount of contraband that previously dropped (reduced odds of multiples that were 2/4/6 commodities)? If so, then that is up to a 50% nerf to contraband results that has lead to the "impression" that this is a severe nerf to the slavers.

It also speaks to the comment in another thread to the effect that the "original design" is the same now as before. They aren't. Users should expect far lower contraband quantities based on the statement above.

It is contraband that purchasers of slavers look at as the mechanism to recoup their investment of dilithium in these units. If players will obtain smaller quantities, it is a nerf to these unique units.

Last edited by sulfrustriple; 07-25-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
07-25-2013, 12:50 PM
lol, i did used to get major drops from my green slavers, but not too long after buying the purple ones they stopped dropping much for me and for almost a week long they dropped nothing for me...so i stopped using them until a few days ago...who knows, maybe they will work, maybe they wont. Ill test em again next time im on, if they dont work ill just file them under broken relic and just use my green ones again.
My Ferasan speaks out on Nerfing his stuff.
Every episode of TNG if written by STO_How Picard dealt with ARC_Cat hug_No to ARC!
Survivor of Romulus
# 9
07-25-2013, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
Guys - the problem with Advanced Slavers wasn't their effective drop rate -it was the fact that they DIDN'T WORK AT ALL.

Their former raiding rate was just fine. You guys missed the ball and the point.

I can imagine this new loot table is likely very much bereft of contraband.
i couldnt agree more man they used to loot contraband i used to get about 20 per eleite stf now i havnt seen a contraband drop in a few months
Rihannsu
# 10
07-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
i used to get about 20 per eleite stf now i havnt seen a contraband drop in a few months
I used them constantly for a few weeks and never got more than 5 contraband a day. (I stopped using them when I realised they were useless).

On topic: I doubt their changing of the rate was anything to do with the fact they were broken. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)