Ensign
# 11
07-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
1) Slavers had their chance to steal goods almost tripled in this patch.
2) Relaunch timers never mattered, because Slavers attempt to steal every 15seconds. Hangars would have to refresh 2x this fast in order to have any impact on their ability to steal loot.
3) The average EC value taken over time has been more than doubled, despite these reductions. It's just far less spikey & inconsistent, now.
4) No individual items have been removed from the drop tables - you can still get DS9 commodities, Contraband and Prisoner Doffs. It's only the odds of receiving large numbers of them that've been reduced.
this issue needs to be addressed, slavers got fixed so they actually have their chance put back to almost normal. ok...great...however you nerfed the pickups from 3-7 of said stolen item to 1-2 per pickup, this makes them useless, sense most people use them to rob contraband from npc's specifically the x4-x7 contraband from an npc made it worth while. ec value is 300-490ish ec per rob, which is junk who cares(you can pickup a junk item drop and right click discard for more money then hours of the ec off these). No you never removed the items from the loot tables but you made them even worse then they were. They worked after LoR the way they were just needed to a bit patient and you'll rob something nice...

bottom line these changes are worse then the (supposed) brokenness of them after LoR hit, yeah so it took a little longer to grab things, so what. id rather pickup more then 1 junk commodity per theft and it take a bit longer. i used these alot on runs and always used to pickup good things, just gotta have a little patience, as it stands right now there almost useless toys sense hardly anyone uses them for battle other then to rob npc's

Gore
Survivor of Romulus
# 12
07-25-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by similon View Post
I used them constantly for a few weeks and never got more than 5 contraband a day. (I stopped using them when I realised they were useless).

On topic: I doubt their changing of the rate was anything to do with the fact they were broken. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)
dont know maybe it was a stealth nurf or they are just borked.

but ive stopped using carrier as my main ship for all my toons just because they dont loot contraband at all now.

ur lucky to get a ec and comodites

i wish i could trade back all my advanced slavers for my dilthium back
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
07-25-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
2) Relaunch timers never mattered, because Slavers attempt to steal every 15seconds. Hangars would have to refresh 2x this fast in order to have any impact on their ability to steal loot.
3) The average EC value taken over time has been more than doubled, despite these reductions. It's just far less spikey & inconsistent, now.
4) No individual items have been removed from the drop tables - you can still get DS9 commodities, Contraband and Prisoner Doffs. It's only the odds of receiving large numbers of them that've been reduced.
id be happy if they started looting contraband again i ised to get around 20 per stfs, but i havnt seen any contraband for a few months.

maybe im just really really really really really unlucky
Career Officer
# 14
07-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Why was this made? There was no issue with the drop rate as it was - the issue was somehow you guys borked advanced slavers so they stole NOTHING anymore. They needed to be fixed, not changed.

I mean, where did the impetus to change their drop rate come from? NO WHERE was there any complaints about slavers when they were working properly.

This all just seems like a way simply to ****** contraband farming.
Career Officer
# 15
07-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Honestly who cares about the amount of energy credits you get from slavers, I can do a Tau Dewa sector patrol and make more ec from drops in 15 minutes than I can spending hours doing instances with slavers. The great upside people used at least adv slavers for is because they stole contraband which in turn can either sell them on the exchange or trade them in for dilitium and as with ever kdf carrier captain know like myself you can never get enough dilithium to buy better upgraded pets. As I stated before I don't see a reason why the drop amounts were changed they have been the same for three years since the game launched and should had been left alone.
Career Officer
# 16
07-25-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
Why was this made? There was no issue with the drop rate as it was - the issue was somehow you guys borked advanced slavers so they stole NOTHING anymore. They needed to be fixed, not changed.

I mean, where did the impetus to change their drop rate come from? NO WHERE was there any complaints about slavers when they were working properly.

This all just seems like a way simply to ****** contraband farming.
Why would we complain about something working properly...i dont hold an office
Deviant Art-Youtube- =^.^=The Red Pill
The path I choose to resist ARC
How Picard dealt with ARC!
Rihannsu
# 17
07-25-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog0000doom View Post
but ive stopped using carrier as my main ship for all my toons just because they dont loot contraband at all now
See, I pick hanger craft based on there effectiveness and ability to contribute to the success of the mission, not for insignificant monitory gain
# 18
07-25-2013, 01:38 PM
obvious and predictable.

the bonus to dil farming via contraband that slavers provided on top of being competent fighter pets was an outstanding advantage in farming rates to those using them.

myself included.

as is the case with any obvious advantage, it needs addressed so that it is balanced against other options. be that by direct numbers, or in non numerical comparisons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by similon View Post
I used them constantly for a few weeks and never got more than 5 contraband a day. (I stopped using them when I realised they were useless).
i was getting that per stf frequently
If you like the RPG trinity, then you hate MMOs, you hate working, competitive fair PvP, you hate balanced engaging solo content,
and,
you hate PvE "adventure zones". because the trinity is incompatible with any of these.

Last edited by skollulfr; 07-25-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Captain
so today, i run my favorite contraband mission..

and instead of the normal 20 or so i usually get, i get 1..

i ran it 5 more times.. and i ended up with 3 contraband..

it seems the rate you get things from slavers has gone down.. way down.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-25-2013, 01:50 PM
Be happy you got those three. Untill today I'd gone eight months without a single CB pull.