Starfleet Veteran
# 8311
07-26-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*The Fleet gets within range as the fleet begins attacking Sovereign to get him away from the portal itself.. But they soon find the Hades Cannons from the surface begin focusing on them and start going through the field...*

Bright: Report why is the field failing...

Vashir: Sir. There is another field present they cancelled each other out we are now without the field and now have to rely on our shields and hope they keep soaking damage.

Bright: Well point one for sovereign..

*Sovereign begins to open fire on a wing of Bird of Prey's and with one beam strafing across their trajectory making them stardust and ruins. *

Tactical: How... What is that beam? How did it get through those shields?

G'los: I cannot answer that at this time. We need to proceed with evasive maneuvers..

Bright: Proceed. Message to the fleet.. Evade and fire on Sovereign when you have the opportunity to...

I hope the Klingons get here in time.

*A Federation vessel The Hong Kong is struck by the beam and the Freedom class vessel is now exploding as debris spread outward. *

Bright: Fire a orbital strike down on those surface cannons we don't need them picking us off one at a time.

Tactical: Aye sir.. Coordinating with the Republic.

*The Cruisers unleash their torpedoes on the surface cannons eliminating the cannon fire and clearing a way down...*

Bright: Admiral Bright to shuttle you now have a hole through.

*A rumble catches the ship as an orb hits them.*
OOC: Not that I have a problem with it, but how are the Federation churning out Freedom-Classes this quickly? I mean, we had the Freedom, the Adama, the Liberty, Bright's ship (can't remember the name), and now the Hong Kong. That's 5 vessels in the space of a couple of years. 5 vessels which are about the size of the Space stations at Utopia Planetia (and, I'm assuming, Antares, since we never see Antares). I mean, yes they have a drydock capable of assembling these (only one that I know of), but how is it churning them out this quick? With the Freedom, we were led to believe it took almost a year to build.

Again, I don't have a problem with it, but since we're going to be seeing these things (which, by the way, seem to be about half the size of an Iconian Mothership) a lot, can we get a picture of where they're being built and how? Utopia couldn't have the facilities to build one, surely?
The Game of Houses (A Klingon fan-fic)

"Logic and War are old enemies"

Vice Admiral Soval - Commanding Officer, U.S.S. Bunker Hill
Captain
# 8312
07-26-2013, 01:47 PM
Jacob: Roland report

Roland: the team has landed near the citidal and is currently engaged in ground operation.

Jacob: well then we better get over there and help.
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Captain
# 8313
07-26-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*Back at the battle, the Republic is being hit hard, though managing to hold its own against the orbs by using her MAMs to reinforce the shields and saturating the area with ZPB fire.

On the planet, the Vanguard Shuttle manages to land a few miles away from Stane's Stronghold. The team exits the Shuttle and looks around, Sam drawing her phaser pistol and setting it to level 7.*

Sanders: You may want to put it on kill.

Sam: Level 7 is kill on Republic phasers.

*Sanders looks at her.*

We have 4 separate stun settings, level 4 being the first setting that actually leaves a burn. Levels 1 and 2 don't even render the target unconscious.

Sanders: Captain, remind me never to piss you off.

Hawk: Cap!

*They look at Hawk, who's looking at a large group of Indoctrinated surrounding them. Sam takes out her tricorder and scans the area.*

Sam: They're all around us.

Sanders: Any chance of an orbital strike?

Sam: The enemy's between the fleet and us. Besides, any orbital strike at this distance would kill us as well as them.

Hawk: Guess we're fighting our way out then.

Sanders: Danny, Sam, Hawk, you're all Marksmen so watch mine and Destroyer's backs. Forest...

*Forest nods, tapping the watch-like device on his wrist, sending an electrical charge into his body. His adrenaline level increases, and with some pain, he soon transforms into Destroyer, giving a loud roar afterward.*

Destroyer: DESTROYER SMASH!!!

Sanders: Disable them if you can! If you have to take 'em out...!

Hawk: Got it!

*Hawk readies his bow and Sam aims her pistol next to him. Hawk looks at Sam.*

Just like old times.

Sam: I don't remember fighting an army of brainwashed thugs.

*She smiles at him.

In orbit, Armada is still dodging enemy fire, using his nano-pulse blades to cut the orbs to ribbons now his shields are blocking their beams.*

OOC: Yeah, "shields". You know, those things that would have stopped the orbs from nearly burning his leg off in the first place? I mean, DS9 had an excuse; they didn't have the budget.

*He dodges another beam before destroying the orb it came from with his palm-mounted ZPCs. He then fires his transphasic micro-torpedoes at another wave of them, obliterating most of them.*

Blake: PACES, keep those shields up!

PACES: I shall attempt to sir. Though, perhaps I may suggest a new tactic called "dodging"?

Blake: I'll...

*He flies out of the way of one orb.*

Keep...

*He gets hit on the shield by another.*

That...

*He then blasts up and evades the beam from one more.*

In mind!

*Meanwhile, the R.S.S. Republic is getting hammered, the orbs having broken through the shields and hitting the emissive armour. However, the emissive armour is providing significant protection (due to it radiating the incoming energy back out into space).*
*Banshee's scream causing them to grab their heads in pain.. While using biotics to stop the Destroyer dead in his tracks and throwing him about like a rag doll... James fires a couple shots at several indoctrinated husks ripping them to pieces. Danny is firing Vera taking down a marauder and its ally. But the Banshee's are making things difficult their phaser fire isn't doing anything to its Barriers..*

*The orbs change tactics on Armada and start grouping on him hitting him at one spot rendering the shields low on power. While others soon open fire on him through scattering before his nano blades strike... The Orbs as well start using concentrated long lasting blasts on the Republic armor or using self destruct causing hull damage.*

*OOC: By the way. Shields only last so long before they lose power or the other adapts. So please lets keep this highly pressured... *

James: May I suggest we move to a defensible position? *Shooting a Marauder square in the face. While using the Omni blade on a husk. *

*A Banshee gets near Danny touching him draining him a little before Destroyer crushes it with a chunk of rock...*

Danny: Don't let those screamers touch you... *shakes his head and resumes shooting.*
Captain
# 8314
07-26-2013, 02:00 PM
Jacob: Roland all power to the thrusters we need to reach the team
" great men are forged in fire. It is the privilege of lesser men to light the flame"
Captain
# 8315
07-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
OOC: Not that I have a problem with it, but how are the Federation churning out Freedom-Classes this quickly? I mean, we had the Freedom, the Adama, the Liberty, Bright's ship (can't remember the name), and now the Hong Kong. That's 5 vessels in the space of a couple of years. 5 vessels which are about the size of the Space stations at Utopia Planetia (and, I'm assuming, Antares, since we never see Antares). I mean, yes they have a drydock capable of assembling these (only one that I know of), but how is it churning them out this quick? With the Freedom, we were led to believe it took almost a year to build.

Again, I don't have a problem with it, but since we're going to be seeing these things (which, by the way, seem to be about half the size of an Iconian Mothership) a lot, can we get a picture of where they're being built and how? Utopia couldn't have the facilities to build one, surely?
*OOC: Bright's is not Freedom class. It is more of a Carrier/Destroyer/Universe class. That was one of the one's Preston was Building but it was taken and renamed Ra Cailum after its class. Right now there is only one and it is Bright's. There is also shipyards in the Andromeda galaxy and they are using it the Freedom Class as a test bed for new tech at the R & D center, with the Innovades helping them. I also recall a Spartacus class attack vessel *using the classic design of the Defiant but making it a little bigger. The Federation also has to be in rebuilding their fleet mode since the end of the war plus til officials were elected Bright and Dorman initiated the reconstruction plan for peace time by rebuilding the fleet. Hence why only two fleets are here, it is not done yet.. Plus they have a couple ideas from the Iconians in mind.. It took a year because of the lack of resources. Now no such problems, not to mention recycling the shoal zones. I will get more into that as we go. Plus I have had little time to introduce the new ships but even Ra Cailum is dwarfed by Sovereign.. But it did update shield tech while they were at it and are testing it on these vessels. Needless to say it only works so much. *
Starfleet Veteran
# 8316
07-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
*Banshee's scream causing them to grab their heads in pain.. While using biotics to stop the Destroyer dead in his tracks and throwing him about like a rag doll... James fires a couple shots at several indoctrinated husks ripping them to pieces. Danny is firing Vera taking down a marauder and its ally. But the Banshee's are making things difficult their phaser fire isn't doing anything to its Barriers..*

*The orbs change tactics on Armada and start grouping on him hitting him at one spot rendering the shields low on power. While others soon open fire on him through scattering before his nano blades strike... The Orbs as well start using concentrated long lasting blasts on the Republic armor or using self destruct causing hull damage.*

*OOC: By the way. Shields only last so long before they lose power or the other adapts. So please lets keep this highly pressured... *

James: May I suggest we move to a defensible position? *Shooting a Marauder square in the face. While using the Omni blade on a husk. *

*A Banshee gets near Danny touching him draining him a little before Destroyer crushes it with a chunk of rock...*

Danny: Don't let those screamers touch you... *shakes his head and resumes shooting.*
*OOC: I get that, but you didn't have them hit the shields at all!*

Sam: There isn't a more defensible position! We're completely surrounded!

*A Banshee charges towards her, her phaser doing nothing against it.*

Screw it!

*Her eyes flash white as she fires a white blast of twilight energy at it, almost vaporising it.*

OOC: Yes, I remember Arthur couldn't kill these things, but Sam is vastly more powerful than any Guardian or Shadow, and she's not pulling her punches.

Come on, you've got to give me one edge against Stane's forces!

Captain
# 8317
07-26-2013, 02:06 PM
*Dorman fires a pulse blast at the pack infront of him... then a telekinetic attack on the Banshee's but only does a little bit of damage to their barriers *

Dorman: Kill the screamers. We don't need them making barriers or touching us.
Captain
# 8318
07-26-2013, 02:07 PM
Ooc: going to work will post after
Captain
# 8319
07-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
*OOC: I get that, but you didn't have them hit the shields at all!*

Sam: There isn't a more defensible position! We're completely surrounded!

*A Banshee charges towards her, her phaser doing nothing against it.*

Screw it!

*Her eyes flash white as she fires a white blast of twilight energy at it, almost vaporising it.*

OOC: Yes, I remember Arthur couldn't kill these things, but Sam is vastly more powerful than any Guardian or Shadow, and she's not pulling her punches.

Come on, you've got to give me one edge against Stane's forces!
*OOC: I will give you that one. But keep in mind this is not Stane's plan but Sovereign's... So don't worry.*
Starfleet Veteran
# 8320
07-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
*OOC: Bright's is not Freedom class. It is more of a Carrier/Destroyer/Universe class. That was one of the one's Preston was Building but it was taken and renamed Ra Cailum after its class. Right now there is only one and it is Bright's. There is also shipyards in the Andromeda galaxy and they are using it the Freedom Class as a test bed for new tech at the R & D center, with the Innovades helping them. I also recall a Spartacus class attack vessel *using the classic design of the Defiant but making it a little bigger. The Federation also has to be in rebuilding their fleet mode since the end of the war plus til officials were elected Bright and Dorman initiated the reconstruction plan for peace time by rebuilding the fleet. Hence why only two fleets are here, it is not done yet.. Plus they have a couple ideas from the Iconians in mind.. It took a year because of the lack of resources. Now no such problems, not to mention recycling the shoal zones. I will get more into that as we go. Plus I have had little time to introduce the new ships but even Ra Cailum is dwarfed by Sovereign.. But it did update shield tech while they were at it and are testing it on these vessels. Needless to say it only works so much. *
OOC: I only wanted to know where the Freedom-Classes were being built and whether Utopia Planetia had the facilities (which I doubted given the Freedom-Classes size). I didn't need a complete Starfleet Military rundown.

But thanks for the complete Starfleet military rundown!

P.S. I am kicking myself for forgetting Bright commanded a Universe-Class right now! LOL.

P.S.S. Are you going to be continuously making ships bigger and bigger until you've made the Death Star look like a fighter by comparison? lol.