Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 473
# 21
07-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpalelena View Post
This one is also on the Holodeck.
They use full impulse in recall mode, but not in intercept. Not sure about the other two modes.
And I had the romulan drones pulling a vanishing act too. They vanish from the hangar interface and then they pop up again later without me doing anything. It was in vault ensnared and they weren't in sight, probably over 20km away or more.
All this happened in holodeck BTW.
Join Unrepentant!

Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,701
# 22
07-27-2013, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I was doing some testing today, trying to replicate the situation you describe, and what may cause it to happen. I couldn't come up with a reliable reason for it to occur, but did occasionally witness it.

What I suspect it may be (but can't yet confirm 100%) is that the AI commands being sent by the UI buttons aren't always being properly registered by hangar pets, regardless of their current status or distance. It also doesn't seem limited to a specific type of pet. So far, I wasn't able to discern any pattern.

If this is the reason for it happening, then the fact that they're disappearing is probably that they're 'stuck' in Recall Mode, and they are going into their Docking state. To clear this state, try targeting yourself (F1 by default) and hit Escort, then Recall, then Escort again - this should clear them from Recall and back into a state where they will register commands.

We'll continue investigating the underlying cause. Until we can solve it, I hope this workaround helps.
Yeah I noticed either 2 things were happening. As you stated they are stuck in recall or there is some kind of bug with using the abilities you put on your tray. Also as well I believe in conjunction with that if you get too far away from them they will disappear for a long while unless they are replaced. A place to really observe this for testing is vault ensnared especially if you go to fight in the nebula with a carrier.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,173
# 23
07-27-2013, 02:26 PM
Any word on mellowing out on the Slaver Nerf? Also, can you update the patch notes to show the new hull HP of slavers? (They have been almost halved and even at level 5 they aren't where they were before...)
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,701
# 24
07-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by badname834854 View Post
Any word on mellowing out on the Slaver Nerf? Also, can you update the patch notes to show the new hull HP of slavers? (They have been almost halved and even at level 5 they aren't where they were before...)
Yeah they are no where near what they were before especially offensively their damage output is only 1/4 of what it was before as well as the health being nerfed as well (great idea behind it but if you have to micro manage all your own buffs and heals for the pets then there is nothing left for yourself).

Last edited by zeuxidemus001; 07-27-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,921
# 25
07-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlapo View Post
They use full impulse in recall mode, but not in intercept. Not sure about the other two modes.
And I had the romulan drones pulling a vanishing act too. They vanish from the hangar interface and then they pop up again later without me doing anything. It was in vault ensnared and they weren't in sight, probably over 20km away or more.
All this happened in holodeck BTW.
That seems to vary by hangar, too. Elite Peregrines wouldn't attempt to follow me at full impulse, and vanished when the range was too far.

Blue-quality Delta Flyers, however, did follow me at full impulse.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 70
# 26
07-27-2013, 08:26 PM
I have my hanger commands in the 4th row of the power try so i can assign them shortcuts. but with the new ui, if i use the commands in the power tray, it does not show in the pets ui, or even in the weapons ui. and since i dont have room on my screen for the forth row where my carrier commands are, i cant see what commands my pets are currently in. This is on holodeck.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,219
# 27
07-28-2013, 02:16 PM
There is certainly a conflict between the 3 possible hangar action icons on live (The weapon window, the new hangar ui windows, and pulling the icons from the "P" menu)

If the "P" menu icons are active, they seem to overwrite every other command, even if sent after.

The "second in command" set seems to vary between the weapons window and the hangar windows, depending on action and order of operations.

I certainly recommend using the "P" menu icons, and if you want to use the new split-wing commands make sure that none of your "P" menu icons are active. In most cases if you re-click an active "P" menu hangar action icon it will "unselect" it, allowing you to then use other hangar icons at will.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,865
# 28
07-28-2013, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
We already brought down the Tribble server for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.31.20130714a.13

General:
  • Klingon Allied Romulans can now replicate Holographic Duty Officers if they have attained the requisite Commendation rank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
It's about time. Thank you. I copied my KDF allied romulan to tribble and can confirm it worked. I look forward to it going live.
Yay and yay!
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 186
# 29
07-28-2013, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I was doing some testing today, trying to replicate the situation you describe, and what may cause it to happen. I couldn't come up with a reliable reason for it to occur, but did occasionally witness it.

What I suspect it may be (but can't yet confirm 100%) is that the AI commands being sent by the UI buttons aren't always being properly registered by hangar pets, regardless of their current status or distance. It also doesn't seem limited to a specific type of pet. So far, I wasn't able to discern any pattern.

If this is the reason for it happening, then the fact that they're disappearing is probably that they're 'stuck' in Recall Mode, and they are going into their Docking state. To clear this state, try targeting yourself (F1 by default) and hit Escort, then Recall, then Escort again - this should clear them from Recall and back into a state where they will register commands.

We'll continue investigating the underlying cause. Until we can solve it, I hope this workaround helps.
I'll give this a shot later on holodeck and let you know if it works out. The random auto recall/docking and the no relaunch is making me nuts lol.

Ok folks, I gave this procedure a shot. I worked for getting the fighters back out of docking mode. However, I ran into another problem that started right after the, I'll call it 'recall lock', started. Every once in a while I'd have anywhere from one to three fighter just do nothing. They'd fly out towards the target in attack mode, not engage, and fly off and sit. lol it was humorous in a way. I solved this by cycling intercept and attack modes for the affected hanger. If that didn't work (it didn't a couple times) I cycled a self targeted escort and intercept, then back to attack. That seemed to keep things going until the next recall lock.

Information I forgot: Since the new UI landed, I've only used the buttons on the new hanger panels. Weapons panel is hidden so that's not an issue, and I removed the hanger controls from my toolbar as soon as I had the hanger panels where I wanted them.

Last edited by cpc2011a; 07-28-2013 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Update:
Rihannsu
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 22
# 30
07-29-2013, 01:28 AM
Can we get the "/hide" command to hide us from the fleet roster as well as the friend roster?

And please fix the Romulan Republic female jackets with that ugly clipping through the undershirt as soon as you can.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:45 PM.