Career Officer
5 days ago I opened a ticket because I had just reached tier 4 rom rep and I wanted x5 rom beam arrays for my ship. 5 of the 8 weapons I would be running were these mk XII purple beam arrays. So I saved up all the marks and other requirements I would need for a full set of 5. I start the first one, wait the 2 minutes and right as I am about to click "claim reward" the project just disappeared. The item wasn't in my inventory so I was confused. Previously with other items I have made with the rep system the "claim item" button pops up and you click it then the item appears in your inventory. Ok...that was weird I thought..I'll just go make it again. I was going to have to do it 5 times anyways whats one more? well I go to find it and guess what? its gone. mk XI purple beam array is there, but not mk XII purple. I look and see that the other tier 4 items are all there but the mk XII purple beams arrays are not. I open a ticket. I haven't heard back at all. No response, not assistance, no updates.

So I decided I would check out the 1000 day vet ship since my beams dont seem to wanna work. I go to the ship yard, pick one out, customize it, now all I gotta do is slap some weapons on it. I am dubious of the rep system but what the heck i figure it wont glitch again right? WRONG! I tried to make mk XII purple dual cannons and sure enough the project disappeared after the 2 minutes and the item isnt in my inventory AND the project is no longer listed.

Any tips or help? I certainly haven't heard a peep out of cryptic and this is getting ridiculous.
Captain
# 2
07-28-2013, 04:28 AM
On the rep page there is a word "store" at the top click on it and it opens another window. All the weapons are bought from there for dilitium once the project has been completed. When the shop opens you will see multiple beam arrays and dual beam banks with different modifiers. If my memory is correct it is just over 28k dilithium for each MK XII ship weapon.

The only Romulan plasma array you claim is the experimental one and you can only equip one of them.

Last edited by decronia; 07-28-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
07-28-2013, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by verusisrael View Post
5 days ago I opened a ticket because I had just reached tier 4 rom rep and I wanted x5 rom beam arrays for my ship. 5 of the 8 weapons I would be running were these mk XII purple beam arrays. So I saved up all the marks and other requirements I would need for a full set of 5. I start the first one, wait the 2 minutes and right as I am about to click "claim reward" the project just disappeared. The item wasn't in my inventory so I was confused. Previously with other items I have made with the rep system the "claim item" button pops up and you click it then the item appears in your inventory. Ok...that was weird I thought..I'll just go make it again. I was going to have to do it 5 times anyways whats one more? well I go to find it and guess what? its gone. mk XI purple beam array is there, but not mk XII purple. I look and see that the other tier 4 items are all there but the mk XII purple beams arrays are not. I open a ticket. I haven't heard back at all. No response, not assistance, no updates.

So I decided I would check out the 1000 day vet ship since my beams dont seem to wanna work. I go to the ship yard, pick one out, customize it, now all I gotta do is slap some weapons on it. I am dubious of the rep system but what the heck i figure it wont glitch again right? WRONG! I tried to make mk XII purple dual cannons and sure enough the project disappeared after the 2 minutes and the item isnt in my inventory AND the project is no longer listed.

Any tips or help? I certainly haven't heard a peep out of cryptic and this is getting ridiculous.
Why would you waste DIL on non fleet weapons? The proc? LOL

Dont waste your dil on those rep weapons, or any weapons other than fleet. The measly 2.5% chance garbage proc you get from the "special" hybrid weapons does not justify the huge amount of DPS loss you get compared to fleet versions.

parsers have proved fleet weapons to be superior to anything else, even more so with the release of accx2 dmgx2 variants.
Captain
# 4
07-28-2013, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvalle View Post

Dont waste your dil on those rep weapons, or any weapons other than fleet. The measly 2.5% chance garbage proc you get from the "special" hybrid weapons does not justify the huge amount of DPS loss you get compared to fleet versions.

parsers have proved fleet weapons to be superior to anything else, even more so with the release of accx2 dmgx2 variants.
Not everyone is in a fleet and so get their weapons elsewhere. There is just too much "get fleet" advice of late forgetiing this.
Career Officer
# 5
07-28-2013, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvalle View Post
Because you are not in a fleet?
Because you like the Romulan weapon set and want your other weapons to match that colour?
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.