Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Captain
# 21
07-28-2013, 01:21 PM
You guys are crazy.

Sing Jump doesn't replace GW at all.... GW pulls 3x as hard as sing jump... has a larger AOE... and with doffs will trigger Shockwaves.

Is Sing jump a good skill... of course... its a lot different then GW however.

Honestly When roms use Sing Jump fighting me I am happy... It means they can't go and Quantum Absorb instead.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Commander
# 22
07-28-2013, 01:28 PM
indeed, but still, gw has only a hold and a damage, SJ will cut a lot more damage since it kinda placates you and reduces your acc, not to talk about a teleport, that for us costs 1 console slot, SJ is still too powefull, gw requires a comm slot, and points in graviton generators, and the hold will still be insignificant, any one can get rid of it

sj is much more complete, and it doesnt cost a skill or a console slot, neither points in graviton generators or doffs to be effective
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude
Captain
# 23
07-28-2013, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
You guys are crazy.

Sing Jump doesn't replace GW at all.... GW pulls 3x as hard as sing jump... has a larger AOE... and with doffs will trigger Shockwaves.

Is Sing jump a good skill... of course... its a lot different then GW however.

Honestly When roms use Sing Jump fighting me I am happy... It means they can't go and Quantum Absorb instead.
I can't remember the last time I used Quant Absorb...not sure I've ever used it on Holo. Would have been during early testing during the LoR Beta perhaps.

I never use Overcharge - no energy weapons.
Warp Shadows are just silly.
Plasma Shockwave is too limited for my tastes.

But Singularity Jump? That's basically the only ability of the five that I use. Even run a Jump Core for the increased Accuracy debuff. I fly around at 132.5% Defense while cloaked, base - I can push that over 200%...dropping a Singularity for the Accuracy debuff - that's going to get me more than Quant's going to give.
Maal, Klingon, Mogh - Vegar, Orion, Marauder - R'ebel, Romulan, Haakona
Willard the Rat, Reman, F.T'varo - Rave, J.Trill, Kar'Fi - Mysk, Gorn, Varanus
Kopor, Nausicaan, Guramba - Nivuh, Ferasan, B'rel - Venit, Lethean, M.Qin
Captain
# 24
07-28-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgresearcher View Post
indeed, but still, gw has only a hold and a damage, SJ will cut a lot more damage since it kinda placates you and reduces your acc, not to talk about a teleport, that for us costs 1 console slot, SJ is still too powefull, gw requires a comm slot, and points in graviton generators, and the hold will still be insignificant, any one can get rid of it

sj is much more complete, and it doesnt cost a skill or a console slot, neither points in graviton generators or doffs to be effective
It's not exactly free though.

It costs 40 subsystem power (32 for me, I lose 8 per instead of 10 per). At 5 pips to use SJV - you've lost 400 Stealth. You also lose the +subsystem power you were receiving from the 5 pips.
Commander
# 25
07-28-2013, 01:59 PM
you have a subsystem maxed, thats the most important, the other is usually for a defensive role, which is compensated by the singularity powers, its not that 40 shield or engine power matters that much, because romulans rotate eptx's and batteries too
it's not the ship or the build, it's the atitude
Lieutenant
# 26
07-28-2013, 02:55 PM
GW need 2 doffs. Aftershock and the deflector cooldown(in case you use more deflector abilities it is a good doff to have)

Now. GW clears spam, prevents cloaking and if you pair it with engine power drain it will hold the opponent.

As the game progressed you have to design, plan and test towards certain build paths. You just not add an ability and expect it to do miracles.

As for Singularity jump compared to GW, I would say that the former is used a means of escape.
Fed Sci: Tethys U.S.S. Chronos Aionios, U.S.S. Denomon Gnosis {Fleet: HSF}
KDF Eng: Boreas I.K.S. Demonon Nemesis {Fleet: HoS}
Rom Sci: Crius I.R.W. Noctem Aeternus {Fleet: LoS}
Fed Tac: Kronos U.S.S. Xibalba, I.S.S. Theogonia{Fleet: HSF}
Captain
# 27
07-28-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kronosath View Post
As for Singularity jump compared to GW, I would say that the former is used a means of escape.
Personally, that's along the lines of how I use them.

GW's offense.
SJ's defense.
Captain
# 28
07-28-2013, 04:06 PM
I use it for defense when I'm running from something

Other times I use it as supplemental offense when GW is on cooldown or if I need a little extra pull into the middle of the GW. At that point I'm not worried about the sing powers going on cd and I'm trying to finish them off. Kitchen sink mode.
Captain
# 29
07-28-2013, 04:53 PM
I use SJ for:

a second GW
a way of getting out of of tractor beams or webs
escaping faster
getting away from siphon drones
(and my favorite) decloaking other ships

I love using my Ha'nom as an anti-cloak ship. I can be cloaked, see another cloaked ship, and SJ right on top of them without decloaking..it's freaking awesome
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
This.

I have no idea why GW's pull isn't modified by Graviton Generators. As of right now, fully spec'ing into GravGens only increases the radius for a completely insignificant amount.
It use to, before f2p, then someone QQ, about GW actually pulling u in like a black hole.

Who would of thought a gravity well that actually effect the space around you making it zone denial.

Lol I remember ships fighting so hard to leave or ship on the edge ****'d side ways but moving another. It was surly a seen and a better play environment. Having obstacles you knew not to fly near, when a expert was droping grav wells.
Nova Core
ParadiseKiller

House of Beautiful Orions
Zeadonouse
ToLate