Starfleet Veteran
Can someone explain to me what the two differences are to Attack and Intercept because atm i dont see a difference..

I call out my pets, I put them in Attack mode and the enemy is 30+ away so my pets fly off and go attack the enemy
or
I call out my pets, I put them in Intercept mode and the enemy is 30+ away so my pets fly off and go attack the enemy

Please, someone explain the difference to me, i am so confused, why have two of the same commands on a carrier
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page
Captain
# 2
07-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shailat View Post
Can someone explain to me what the two differences are to Attack and Intercept because atm i dont see a difference..

I call out my pets, I put them in Attack mode and the enemy is 30+ away so my pets fly off and go attack the enemy
or
I call out my pets, I put them in Intercept mode and the enemy is 30+ away so my pets fly off and go attack the enemy

Please, someone explain the difference to me, i am so confused, why have two of the same commands on a carrier
Attack will attack the opposing ship.

Intercept will attack the opposing foe concentrating on destructible torpedoes and mines that can be laid by the target.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-28-2013, 12:13 PM
From what I've seen:

Attack-commanded pets will try to attack what you last fired your weapons at.

Intercept prioritizes torpedoes and mines aimed at you, ships shooting at you, then defaults down to things you're shooting at. As often as not, Intercept will have your minions targetting something completely separate from you.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
07-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drkfrontiers View Post
Attack will attack the opposing ship.

Intercept will attack the opposing foe concentrating on destructible torpedoes and mines that can be laid by the target.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasandaro View Post
From what I've seen:

Attack-commanded pets will try to attack what you last fired your weapons at.

Intercept prioritizes torpedoes and mines aimed at you, ships shooting at you, then defaults down to things you're shooting at. As often as not, Intercept will have your minions targetting something completely separate from you.
Thank you both very much, this was very helpful
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/at.cakuzma target=_blank>Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page</a>
Real Join Date: 2009
Shai'la Thunderbird's Facebook Page
Captain
# 5
07-28-2013, 08:32 PM
Intercept is a damn important command in both PVE and PVP for the reasons mentioned already. Sometimes you won't use it at all, but if your opposition loves sending out targetable projectiles and mines, Intercept is key. Don't forget in Elite STFs those heavy plasma torps / bolts. Your hangar units will knock them down without you hassling over them.