Captain
# 171
07-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Suggestion: A /stuck feature that can be used out of character.

Long story short, my friend and I flew out of Beta Ursae and then after we flew out of it for a while, our games crashed. Now they crash whenever we click Play on them, while on the loading screen. The feature could act just like typing /stuck in game, placing the character back to one safe spot on the map. Obviously, you would have to be logged out of the character to use it. For most areas (like NR, ESD, sector space, etc.) it could just be the normal spawn point. For places like mission maps, it would not put you to the spawn point in the mission, but rather to the safe point of the map you were in before the mission. I would greatly appreciate this.

BTW, my ticket number is 130701-002259, so far I've only gotten auto responses to other help requests.

Thanks.

EDIT: As someone just suggested in game, perhaps instead/in addition to the /stuck feature there could be a 'reset to faction homeworld' that would place your character at Sol, Qo'nos, or Tau Dewa, depending on faction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)

Last edited by voporak; 07-08-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 172
07-09-2013, 07:39 PM
I can no longer access the gateway app in Chrome.

Vista Home Premium 64 bit, SP 2, Build 6002

Chrome Version 27.0.1453.116 m - accessing Gateway hangs while "loading", with just a background graphic. Didn't do anything but close browser first time. Checking email later said someone was trying to access my account; I finally figured out it was this gateway. Triggers an email w/"New Computer tried to access your account" message. Does not give any message on Gateway. Was not logged in to forum or account.

After finding this post, logged in to both account and forum first, opened gateway in another tab. Same results - stuck at loading screen, triggers 'accessed by new computer' email.

When checking Chrome version to report here, it prompted to update Chrome.

Version 28.0.1500.71 m - accessing Gateway, same issue as above. Hung at loading screen, no pics, just background. Triggered email to input code for new computer again.
Updating Chrome may have removed Java, downloaded and installed Version: Java SE 7 Update 25 for Operating System: Windows Vista 6.0 Java Architecture: 32-bit. (did not use beta 64-bit)

Logged into forums and account, then tried Gateway again. Triggered yet another email that a new computer had accessed my account. At this point, I give up. If I have any energy later, I will try IE, but would prefer not to use that browser.

Cross-posting to technical support site.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vice Admiral Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.
Career Officer
# 173 STO Gateway Login Question
07-16-2013, 06:03 PM
I recently logged into the STO Gateway the other day and even though I logged into the site from my main computer and the same browser it sent me a one time code and added the computer to my account like it was a new one. I wanted to ask if this is a known issue and is being looked into? The OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with Internet Explorer 10 if that helps.
Actual join date: Aug 2010
1000+ day veteran
Captain
# 174
07-17-2013, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiraljohn1701 View Post
I recently logged into the STO Gateway the other day and even though I logged into the site from my main computer and the same browser it sent me a one time code and added the computer to my account like it was a new one. I wanted to ask if this is a known issue and is being looked into? The OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit with Internet Explorer 10 if that helps.
I had that happen a great many times when Gateway was new, but haven't had to put in a new code in a while. There's a place to view all the computers / browsers authorized, and some of them on my list are 4 or 5 times duplicated.
Commander
# 175
07-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Feedback incoming!

If we now have to worry about how much in-game E-mail we have in our inbox, could you somehow integrate in-game E-mail to Gateway and at least the ability to delete (and perhaps mass delete)? I'm thinking of an interface more like what the forums used to have before the mass migration to PWE's forum service.
Survivor of Remus
# 176
07-26-2013, 10:51 AM
Hmm.
It's not that I mind the new adding. But I think it really needs a lot of work before it's getting useful.

-Obvious issues with links. Bad connection and returns to log-in several times.

-Allow user to sign in automatically with check box.

-In-game mail should be able to be handled through here. Fleet and personal (in/out)

-Character list shows only as Klingon or Federation. Would be nice to see the Romulan/Reman and not your allegiance only.

-Dilithium Mine does not show any content at all in Projects and Provisions.

-Wrongly allows Federation characters to show in Klingon fleet projects contribution. Doff/Dilithium/Fleet marks and so on. (Not sure with the other way)

-MoTD and Events management would be appreciated.

-Really bad coloring. Black text on black background. General dark coloring, loosing visual interest.

-Race or at least allegiance coloring should follow through. Blueish federation colors are dominating.

-Navigation are plainly idiotic. I don't know who came up with the idea, returning to main screen every time?! You know.. For crying out loud...

-Better mobile support.

-Wrong ship names appears.

That is what I got so far. I see great potential in this, but there are some work ahead for this to work out.
Ensign
# 177
07-28-2013, 11:41 PM
On ipad, using both safri and chrome, cant contribute to fleet or embasy projects, you can sellect items and hit okay, but doesnt contribute.

Also need fleet projects on phone.
Ensign
# 178
07-29-2013, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonputt View Post
On ipad, using both safri and chrome, cant contribute to fleet or embasy projects, you can sellect items and hit okay, but doesnt contribute.

Also need fleet projects on phone.
Tried at home doesnt work on computer either
Ensign
# 179
07-31-2013, 07:24 PM
The Gateway seems like a good idea but, they should fix the update situation when you increase in rank and change ship. Every time i log on it shows me as my previous rank and with my previous ship and i've changed ships 2 times already and increased in rank two times but it keeps on showing the first ship i ever had and my second rank. So they should really look into that.
Ensign
I look forward to Gateway being complete. So far, I have tried accessing The Gateway from 4 different browsers, both on desktop & iPad retina(4) IOS 6.xxx. the only browser I have had any real success with is the Google App on the iPad. That manages to display all my different captain accounts & have them accessible, to the point where I have even been able to 'contibute' to fleet projects via same. However, if I try & change Captain accounts, I get logged out after about a minute, & need to re log in.
If I use any other browser, particularly IE9, even with all the access rights appropriately set, I get the 'one time access code' screen, which is fine, security being uppermost these days, but in IE9 I get the beta screen but no where to input the 'one time' code.
Firefox brings up the code input panel, then takes nearly 3 mins to decide that the log in has timed out, every time! Same with the latest version of Safari.
Google Chrome is only slightly better, in that I get logged in, but bizarrely only in to my Tribble Captain account!!

So for me its all a bit hit & miss.