Captain
# 91
07-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iskandus View Post
That's because as a Fed, we'll be lucky if we can make 10 Contrband / day by running every single doff missions out there all day long that can reward it. And that's if someone is using nothing but the best of the best purple doff(s) for the job and they still sometimes fail. On average, I think a Fed can make about 6 contrabands per day using best of the best purple doff. Compared to a Klingon who used slavers, picking up 25 contraband / hour, no wonder some of you are making 200+ contraband / day.

I mean do we really need to compare 200 to 6 to see what's insane about this difference?

Then a while ago, I recall a conversation that a few Fed and I have at the exchange on DS9.

Fed Person 1: "Looking at these prices for the contraband make me really depress..."

Fed Person 2: "I know, it makes me no want to sell."

Me: "That's what I do, I stop placing them on the exchange when the prices are this low, to diminish the supply of contrabands."

Fed Person 1: "Yean, but would that help?"

Me: "It's all about supply & demand, enough people withhold their supply, the price will rise, I once cornered the Earth refugee market and monopolized it:

Fed Person 2" "You'd be surprised how stupid people can be."

Naturally, with Klingons dumping contraband by the truck loads, their prices have seen so low for so long. Now that this is being fixed, we see contraband price starting to climb to more reasonable level. Sorry Klingons, but this is great news for us.

good news for you if you want to sell your 6 a day.. lol..

its a loss for those who purchase it to get dilithium.

yesterday it hit 70k per for a few hours.. dropping back to 50k per..
but as soon as the pool runs out the market will be 100k per.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Captain
# 92
07-29-2013, 11:19 AM
Pointless selling contraband for EC as I'd rather just use it for the dilithium assignment
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Captain
# 93
07-29-2013, 12:01 PM
WTF? I've never gotten even 1 contraband an hour, nevermind ten. Why is everyone getting contraband from slavers but me?
Captain
# 94
07-29-2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaphallic View Post
WTF? I've never gotten even 1 contraband an hour, nevermind ten. Why is everyone getting contraband from slavers but me?
Don't worry about it. We aren't anymore
Empire Veteran
# 95 Undo the slaver changes!!!
07-30-2013, 04:49 AM
I do not know how you guys are getting cb I still have not gotten any since the changes.
Lieutenant
# 96
07-30-2013, 06:50 AM
So either:
1. Cryptic is lying about a purposeful nerf.
2. They really believe what they are saying in regards to drop rates for slavers.

So which is it?
-= ROM PAUL =-
Ensign
# 97
07-30-2013, 07:01 AM
So now every seller of CB is happy? I dont think so becouse number of selling CB dropped drastic. Ok you got more profit per one, but your overall profit is way way lower becouse nobody is buying them in large quantity anymore.
Captain
# 98
07-30-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by begerac View Post
So now every seller of CB is happy? I dont think so becouse number of selling CB dropped drastic. Ok you got more profit per one, but your overall profit is way way lower becouse nobody is buying them in large quantity anymore.

What you say makes no sense. If I put 10 contrabands/day on the market on average, now that many Klinks exit the market because they aren't willing to waste time in getting so little return, of course people are going to buy from me. My ability to produce contrabands has not been affected. Whether I sell them in single units or bundles, it really doesn't matter.
Captain
# 99
07-30-2013, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetarq View Post
So either:
2. They really believe what they are saying in regards to drop rates for slavers.

So which is it?
by now it was done on purpose.. its just like the mail nerf.

first they do it.. then a few weeks later they will put it in a patch note that has nothing to do with it..

it has a really good purpose to nerf the quantity of contraband.. it makes people buy zen to trade for dilithium.

awhile back you only need 3 contraband to turn in for 2000 dil.. then they made it 5.. now they make it so you can really get 5 a day if you try really hard..

doing the doff mission gives you 2.. its 20 hour cd.
doing about 5 or 6 space missions will now give you 3 or 4. so there is your 5.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Lieutenant
# 100
07-30-2013, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetarq View Post
So either:

So which is it?
Well, it's mainly 2. They seem to believe what they are saying because they are answering a different the question. The RATE of drops is "consistent" like they said. The problem is the QUANTITY of drops has been cut in 1/6th.

Devs define rate as "it has a chance to proc a drop every X"

Community defines rate as "I have a chance to loot my usual prepatch quantity every X"

The devs were very clear that they are trying to keep the chance of A drop the same, while simultaneously SLICING the amount dropped drastically (effectively 6 quantity in a drop to 1).

The community is upset the total amount looted has been crushed. The devs haven't addressed that as their intent, so I think the way they define 'rate' they believe what they are saying.