Empire Veteran
# 21
07-30-2013, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
Tour the Galaxy: Some mission timers were set to start on completion of a mission rather on start, they are all set to start on completion of the mission.
I just did a complete run on Tribble, and then switched over to Holodeck and did a complete run there too. I don't see a single difference. We can do at most 1 complete run - rewards are exactly the same between the two. The 4 hour cd remains intact on Tribble, and starts as soon as TTG is picked up from Yim - exactly the same as it is on Holodeck.
Rihannsu
# 22
07-30-2013, 08:41 PM
I actually just for the fun of it went to Tribble ESD, picked up the mission and dropped it. 4 hr CD still exists

Edit: And after re-reading the notes, that is exactly how they want it to work it looks
@deniedexistence
Survivor of Remus
# 23
07-30-2013, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
Could you also make it so they don't do that while in attack mode? It's really annoying when sitting there waiting to heal and my pets decide to go after stuff 14km+ away and aggro EVERYTHING in sight.
This seems like a really simple solution. If you didn't want them to attack, why are they set to attack mode? If you wanted to get out of red alert, set them to recall.
Ensign
Would it be possible to get a timeline on some of the bug-fixes, like the custom channel muting/unmuting issue mentioned above?

C'mon, Salami... I know you're aware of it.
Commander
# 25
07-30-2013, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
Resolved a logic loophole with the new Recall functionality that allowed pets to occasionally stop responding to subsequent commands.
Yay, if this is what I think it is.

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard
Career Officer
# 26
07-31-2013, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by originpi View Post
This seems like a really simple solution. If you didn't want them to attack, why are they set to attack mode? If you wanted to get out of red alert, set them to recall.
Not a simple solution when doing the empire defense dailies. They have a tendency to go as far as 20km or more on their own aggroing everything in sight when you're attacking groups to finish the system. Not possible to get out of red alert even if I put them on recall. I'd end up with a ton of enemies on me anyway because they go too damn far out and you can't exit those maps while in red alert.

In other words, while attacking, the pets fly way far away from the targets and keep their distance as far as possible no matter if they're set to attack or intercept. I'm guessing it has to do with the new AI that forces them to avoid exploding ships. Well it works. Too well.

Edit: Forgot to mention if the pets decide to attack something 20km away, putting them into recall mode doesn't do any good. If they're too far away from you they won't listen. They keep attacking and in the mean time, everything they aggroed is coming straight for me while I'm still trying to defeat stuff they aggroed.

I've said it months ago somewhere in a thread on the forums and I'll say it again: Carrier pets shouldn't go after anything outside of your weapon range, unless an enemy is aggroed already and heading for you.

At a dead stop just sitting there not targeting anything, if it's up to 14km away they go after it on their own and it's really annoying.
I went to the Delta Quadrant and the Kazon stole my stupid T-shirt. Also, my pet hamster that died when I was a kid is now a Kobali.

Last edited by monkeybone13; 07-31-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Captain
# 27
07-31-2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealtogie View Post
Would it be possible to get a timeline on some of the bug-fixes, like the custom channel muting/unmuting issue mentioned above?

C'mon, Salami... I know you're aware of it.

For month, people have reported bugs about the Aquarius Destroyer size problems.
No reaction or answer from the Devs.

Today the bug seems fixed.

So I think there are still communication problems especially when it's about fixing bugs.
I don't know why it seems to be such a mystery for the Devs to tell us on what bugs they are currently working.

And we all know that once something is posted here, the crowed spreads the word.

It really would be good to have a list, no matter how long this list is, for us to see what is currently been worked on.

It would avoid for us to post the same bugs over and over again.
Commander
# 28
07-31-2013, 12:13 PM
On Holodeck if i target something 15km or less away from me while pets are in Attack mode they will fly off and engage the target. This is just how I want it. I want them attacking my target as long as its within a set range, greater then my weapon range is nice since I'm in a carrier and can't turn all that well. They will come into range at some point and I can lock them down and kill them then, or move up if I want to fire at them. This is also handy as they will engage at greater speed then I'm flying at actually reach them around the time they come into range of my weapons. My weapons reach the target at 10km but the fighters must fly the most of the distance before they fully engage much of the time.

I do NOT want them deciding that they want to engage with something that i don't have targeted that is more then 15km from me. The max range they should be in is 0-15km +/- their orbit radius. When I hit recall I want them to hurry back as well. Some of them are really slow in returning.

Oh and on a side note, there are some weapons you can fire that have a max range of 15km. I know of at least 1 but I have not bothered to look for any others.