Lieutenant
# 11
07-30-2013, 10:27 AM
I think the effects are fine and there are bigger issues.

That said, I don't know why I have to arrive and leave my ship interior by beaming on/off it. Usually I am already there, in "Tactical".
Captain
# 12
07-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havokreign View Post
fixed that for you
OMG where was my english at the last part of my comment. What I meant to say was. Giving too much customisation would be overkill.

Transporter effects was discussed about a year and a half ago
Live long and Prosper
Republic Veteran
# 13
07-30-2013, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazzie View Post
OMG where was my english at the last part of my comment. What I meant to say was. Giving too much customisation would be overkill.

Transporter effects was discussed about a year and a half ago
I think that long ago I was relatively new, or maybe not but I probably wasn't active on the forums at all back then.

If they're afraid of giving us options then they could change the stock ones!
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-31-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm1067 View Post
I think the effects are fine and there are bigger issues.

That said, I don't know why I have to arrive and leave my ship interior by beaming on/off it. Usually I am already there, in "Tactical".
This drives me mad. I don't know why I am sitting in the captains chair then have to beam somewhere else just to sit in the captain's chair.
========================================
SABLE SQUADRON ~ Caitian Engineer
The bigger the ship the better.
Captain
# 15
07-31-2013, 08:37 AM
Personally, I'd like to see an array of effects, that you can pick from. Sure, the Rom's and Klin may only have 2 maybe 3 each (as theirs tended to stay fairly constant), But I think it'd be cool to be able to pick from TOS, TMP, TWOk, etc etc, and as well, the beam out animation itself, be kind of cool to flip out a TOS communicator, and then beam out, instead of tapping your chest.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Captain
# 16
07-31-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikev View Post
This drives me mad. I don't know why I am sitting in the captains chair then have to beam somewhere else just to sit in the captain's chair.
Because "It's a FAAAKE!"
Sorry, just had to , appearently, that's just a holo bridge, not a real one, lol.

butcher suspect, "What'd you hit me with?"
Temperance Brennan, "A building"
Commander
# 17
07-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostovski View Post
Honestly, I'd just be happy if they'd change it so the transporter effect is based on what ship is transporting you rather than your race.
I like the idea of having the transporter effect based on the player's ships. Players flying Fed/KDF/Rom ships would have the Fed/KDF/Rom transporter effects respectively, and players flying lock box ships could have the lock box ship's race's transporter effects as well. For instance, a player flying a Breen ship would have a Breen transporter effect, or a player with a Jem'Hadar ship would have a Jem'Hadar transporter effect.

You think you're safe while you're at warp captain?