Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 11
07-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Now, I'm not saying the KDF players should stop requesting faction specific stuff; but, move forward and live in the now, and stop bringing up two year's old comments. If you still want to see what happened to a specific thing - ask about it,
This... the poster puts its much better than I did in the previous post. By all means the KDF should continue to fight for their faction, for its improvement, and uniqueness.

But let the past stay in the past, and move forward from where we are today.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Empire Veteran
# 12
07-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Yes, the KDF was MAJORLY neglected and lead on for years - no one is denying that, but they did get a fair amount of new (and good) content with LoR. Use that as a springboard, and continue to push for new stuff without digging up some two year old 'zinger'.
Sure they've made a stride or two in the right direction years after the fact, but it borders on too little, too late. The majority of the KDF PvE population left years ago (and many swore never to play another Cryptic game again), leaving the PvPers behind and the PvP side of the game hasn't been updated at all in over two years, which each new season announced being stated as the "PvP season" but then it gets pushed back to next season, and the next season and the next and the next.

Until Cryptic genuinely commits to rectifying the neglect to all parts of the game (most notably the KDF and the PvP sides of the game), people won't stop pulling out the ever lengthening list of things they didn't do, and the reason is because Cryptic's words are meaningless with regards to those sides of the game.

The veteran KDF and PvP players know better than to trust Cryptic at their word, so the proverbial old wound continues to be open.

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here
Career Officer
# 13
07-23-2013, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsivar View Post
Sure they've made a stride or two in the right direction years after the fact, but it borders on too little, too late. The majority of the KDF PvE population left years ago (and many swore never to play another Cryptic game again), leaving the PvPers behind and the PvP side of the game hasn't been updated at all in over two years, which each new season announced being stated as the "PvP season" but then it gets pushed back to next season, and the next season and the next and the next.

Until Cryptic genuinely commits to rectifying the neglect to all parts of the game (most notably the KDF and the PvP sides of the game), people won't stop pulling out the ever lengthening list of things they didn't do, and the reason is because Cryptic's words are meaningless with regards to those sides of the game.

The veteran KDF and PvP players know better than to trust Cryptic at their word, so the proverbial old wound continues to be open.
You comments here read, to me, is that no matter what Cryptic does now, it is not enough. You are obviously deeply hurt, and I would say probably too cynical now to move beyond it, regardless of what is done.

You are taking this as a personal attack on you, or the KDF, or the PvP community... and have lost your objectivity, IMHO. The facts, as much as we would like them to be different, are what they are... the company MUST develop to its core audience. In the case of Star Trek Online, thats Federation PVE'ers. Anything else is secondary. Its how companies work man.

All I am saying is that at some point, you have to reach a point to let the past be the past, and move forward with some hope. If you doom an endeavor before it even begins, then well you won't be happy... no matter what.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Empire Veteran
# 14
07-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
You comments here read, to me, is that no matter what Cryptic does now, it is not enough. You are obviously deeply hurt, and I would say probably too cynical now to move beyond it, regardless of what is done.

You are taking this as a personal attack on you, or the KDF, or the PvP community... and have lost your objectivity, IMHO. The facts, as much as we would like them to be different, are what they are... the company MUST develop to its core audience. In the case of Star Trek Online, thats Federation PVE'ers. Anything else is secondary. Its how companies work man.

All I am saying is that at some point, you have to reach a point to let the past be the past, and move forward with some hope. If you doom an endeavor before it even begins, then well you won't be happy... no matter what.
Contrary to what you might think, I am able to be objective and let the past be the past, hell for a long time I defended Cryptic on these forums (until Season 2, the "KDF Season" was released).

Anyway though, for various reasons I've quit the game twice, and returned twice, both times I've return with hope that things will have improved, that the KDF will be equalized or at least that Cryptic will have taken the right steps in that matter, that PvP will finally have gotten some much needed attention, and willing to put the past behind me if they have.

Both times, however, I've returned to the game to find that the more things have changed in the game the more they've stayed the same, and it's not going to get better anytime soon because of the Romulans and the Dev's current push to equalize them in ships. Then top it all off with Ask Cryptics and State of the Game messages either not mentioning the KDF or PvP or with them giving the same comments/statements that they've give for the past few years now.

Add onto it the general lack of caring towards game balance, broken powers, and known exploits that keep getting 'fixed' then return a couple of patches later, on top of the Dev's love of introducing more time-gated grind and calling it 'content' and it's easy to see why players (not just myself) get beyond frustrated with this game, especially when they're playing it because it is a Star Trek game.

Am I scarred when it comes to this game? Sure, I've watched more than a couple great fleets with good people rise and die out not because of drama, but because players were so frustrated and angry with Cryptic that they quit; and those that are left from the old days are here because they're waiting for something better.

However I pride myself on being able to step back and look at things objectively, and when I do I look back and see that while Cryptic took their sweet time in doing it, they did mostly equalize the PvE content in the game between the factions, using the featured episodes to fill the gaps. They did finally make it so you could start a Klingon without having to unlock them through Federation play first.

However I also look at it and see that for every Klingon ship added to the Zen Store, they've added 2-4 Federation ships between releases. I see that the PvP side of the game has gone without an update in over two years. I see Cryptic releasing more and more lockbox ships/consoles and whatnot that further throw balance out of wack. I see the requests, recommendations and bug reports of the KDF and the PvP community go unanswered and ignored while the requests by the Federation players get answered and actively researched for being included into the game (just look at the number of dev posts in the fed forums vs. the kdf or the pvp forums).

The list goes on.

I'm not saying this to depress you or anybody else, I'm just trying to make you understand why older players keep bringing up everything that hasn't been done. The community has waited and waited and gotten either nothing or a pittance by comparison to Federation content, and the patience ran out a long time ago.

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here

Last edited by therealsivar; 07-23-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Lieutenant
# 15
07-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Yes, the KDF was MAJORLY neglected and lead on for years - no one is denying that, but they did get a fair amount of new (and good) content with LoR. Use that as a springboard, and continue to push for new stuff without digging up some two year old 'zinger'.
The earliest mentioned zinger. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by blagorm View Post
Gorn Featured Episode: This Fourm Post Said By An Administrator in Feb. 2011 (The Number is Purple):
"The Gorn are already scheduled for their own feature episode series, I just can't give you a specific timeframe yet."
. . . was actually pushed back for LoR, or something to that effect?
Maybe it's not so much a 2 yr old zinger, but a zinger 2 years in the making?
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny111971 View Post
But let the past stay in the past, and move forward from where we are today.
. . . That's kind of hard when the KDF "today" is 2 yrs overdue, pushed back, and again not given a real due date.
I'll read all about today when it gets here.
Commander
# 16
07-31-2013, 01:02 AM
can't believe you guys put up with this code for so long lol I wouldn't have

season 6
Lyndon Brewer: 20% chance to capture enemy ship for 60 seconds on successful use of boarding party.

cause sometimes its party time!
Empire Veteran
# 17
07-31-2013, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealsivar View Post
Contrary to what you might think, I am able to be objective and let the past be the past, hell for a long time I defended Cryptic on these forums (until Season 2, the "KDF Season" was released).

Anyway though, for various reasons I've quit the game twice, and returned twice, both times I've return with hope that things will have improved, that the KDF will be equalized or at least that Cryptic will have taken the right steps in that matter, that PvP will finally have gotten some much needed attention, and willing to put the past behind me if they have.

Both times, however, I've returned to the game to find that the more things have changed in the game the more they've stayed the same, and it's not going to get better anytime soon because of the Romulans and the Dev's current push to equalize them in ships. Then top it all off with Ask Cryptics and State of the Game messages either not mentioning the KDF or PvP or with them giving the same comments/statements that they've give for the past few years now.

Add onto it the general lack of caring towards game balance, broken powers, and known exploits that keep getting 'fixed' then return a couple of patches later, on top of the Dev's love of introducing more time-gated grind and calling it 'content' and it's easy to see why players (not just myself) get beyond frustrated with this game, especially when they're playing it because it is a Star Trek game.

Am I scarred when it comes to this game? Sure, I've watched more than a couple great fleets with good people rise and die out not because of drama, but because players were so frustrated and angry with Cryptic that they quit; and those that are left from the old days are here because they're waiting for something better.

However I pride myself on being able to step back and look at things objectively, and when I do I look back and see that while Cryptic took their sweet time in doing it, they did mostly equalize the PvE content in the game between the factions, using the featured episodes to fill the gaps. They did finally make it so you could start a Klingon without having to unlock them through Federation play first.

However I also look at it and see that for every Klingon ship added to the Zen Store, they've added 2-4 Federation ships between releases. I see that the PvP side of the game has gone without an update in over two years. I see Cryptic releasing more and more lockbox ships/consoles and whatnot that further throw balance out of wack. I see the requests, recommendations and bug reports of the KDF and the PvP community go unanswered and ignored while the requests by the Federation players get answered and actively researched for being included into the game (just look at the number of dev posts in the fed forums vs. the kdf or the pvp forums).

The list goes on.

I'm not saying this to depress you or anybody else, I'm just trying to make you understand why older players keep bringing up everything that hasn't been done. The community has waited and waited and gotten either nothing or a pittance by comparison to Federation content, and the patience ran out a long time ago.
Even now... as much as I get less involved about it... look at the "quality" of the new KDF missions.... and then look at the Romulan Missions.... BIG Difference In Feel And Sound. I am actually getting angry for in a new interview, yet again, KDF is NOT mentioned AT ALL! Then I hear ROMULAN SHIPS ON END that sounds VERY sketchy IF you compare it to KDF! (Only KDF Thing Mentioned Was A Comparision Of VET Ship to ROM)

Also, at this very moment, ROMS Have More Costumes than us ALREADY! And if THAT'S Not Noticeable... I dont know WHAT is... And I guess That's it for today.

----EDIT-----

PODCAST: (Time:23:50)"Started off making Klingon content of all things." (That Sounds Reassuring And Uncalled For... If Hear Tone and The Statement Itself)
"Don't Say A Word" About The Empire!
It DOES Need Attention
We Don't Whine, We Bring Up Issues On A Firm Stand

Last edited by blagorm; 07-31-2013 at 05:41 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 18
07-31-2013, 06:54 AM
PS... I am going to calm down now..
"Don't Say A Word" About The Empire!
It DOES Need Attention
We Don't Whine, We Bring Up Issues On A Firm Stand

Captain
# 19
07-31-2013, 07:32 AM
Get used to it KDF always get the short end of the stick and as far as Cryptic think they are thinking they got there handful of missions that should hold them for another 3 years. But still no new ships no new costumes makes it harder to attract people to KDF especially when you see the missions that the romulans can get before they ally with feds or klingons is quite a lot as well
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Community Moderator
# 20
07-31-2013, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blagorm View Post
Also, at this very moment, ROMS Have More Costumes than us ALREADY! And if THAT'S Not Noticeable... I dont know WHAT is...
Roms also have exactly three races to create uniforms for, not eight (including Trill and Alien). And unlike the Federation, the KDF races tend to have unique uniform pieces designed specifically for that race.

I'm not suggesting that KDF shouldn't get more clothing options. I am pointing out that it's going to be more time-consuming to create options that universally fit all of them. That means more development time, which means harder to get and keep on the schedule.

Part of the reason why the Roms got priority for costuming this time around has to do with the storyline.

Roms start out with a choice of "starter" outfits meant to portray them as colonists and outcasts.

They get access to a Romulan Republic uniform once they join up.

They get access to a Tal Shiar uniform when they infiltrate the Tal Shiar.

They get a Romulan uniform variant that's meant to distinguish the difference between the Fed-allied and KDF-allied Romulans.

And of course there are the uniforms you can only get with cash.

The way to get more KDF costume options is not to demand costumes. The way to get more KDF costume options is to ask for new content where new costumes make sense.

A Gorn-inspired FE might very well call for Gorn-inspired costumes. An Orion-inspired FE might call for more Orion costume options. Costumes based on the furry Rura Penthe outfits might actually get somewhere if you request them for missions in cold-weather environments (Winter event.. hint, hint).
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek