Career Officer
I am seeing a strange dialog glitch on a mission I recently published, and at least one other player has reported it to me as well. The mission in question is:

Title: "[Rom] Valley of the Shadow I"
ID: ST-HBHYVOLP6
Author: @NCC-89471
Allegiance: Federation-allied Romulan

What's supposed to happen (as I understand it):
On ground/interior maps, when you call out one of the Away Team BOffs in a dialog box, that dialog is always supposed to go to a BOff of the designated career track (Eng, Sci or Tac) unless the player's Away Team doesn't include anyone on that track.

What's actually happening:
In this mission (and possibly others, though I've not yet seen it elsewhere), for some reason the player's Away Team Science BOff is getting all the dialogs intended for the Away Team Engineering BOff (in addition to the Sci BOff's own dialogs), even when the away team includes an Eng BOff.

In effect, when the Sci and Eng BOffs have a conversation it looks as though the Sci BOff is carrying both sides of it and talking to him/herself.

Last edited by paxfederatica; 07-30-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Rihannsu
# 2
07-31-2013, 03:20 AM
How are you testing it? Is it a romulan char?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
07-31-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks for your report. This is a known issue that is being worked on but I can make no prediction as to when a fix might appear.
Captain
# 4
07-31-2013, 02:03 PM
I think this also happens outside the Foundry. My Romulan hasn't heard from Veril since the "Crossroads at Crateris" mission (when she joined my crew).
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Career Officer
# 5
07-31-2013, 07:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
How are you testing it? Is it a romulan char?
It is. I first noticed this issue right after publishing when I live-tested the mission for the first time, and another player (grifterrik23) noticed it too and brought it up in the mission discussion thread (linked below).