Lt. Commander
# 1161
12-15-2009, 03:25 AM
Loved EVE.. Loved SWG...... Eve for the slow pace ....Swg for the skill tree, PvP, and crafting. The CU was like a nife in my hart, and now the game is DEAD. In this i hope it was a lesson for Devs that mabie the wishes of the beta testers should be taken into account. I now dont touch SOE games even if its free. I am wishing that STO is better than the two and not just some wow in space for 10year olds.
Lt. Commander
# 1162
12-15-2009, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinns View Post
Loved EVE.. Loved SWG...... Eve for the slow pace ....Swg for the skill tree, PvP, and crafting. The CU was like a nife in my hart, and now the game is DEAD. In this i hope it was a lesson for Devs that mabie the wishes of the beta testers should be taken into account. I now dont touch SOE games even if its free. I am wishing that STO is better than the two and not just some wow in space for 10year olds.
*sigh*

What does that have to do with this thread titled "Star Trek Online Closed Beta Signups: Taking Applications" Let's keep on topic, please. There are other long, angry threads about SWG and NGE.
Lt. Commander
# 1163
12-18-2009, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomzilla
Hi Cryptic! Lifetime Champions subscriber here.

I'm finding you're been made acutely aware that not only was your initial wording about CO 6-month and lifetime subscriber access to closed beta unclear, you also chose not to actively notify these subscribers for clarification, either at point of purchase or following same. I just now became aware of this issue.

Among my friends I have a clutch of hardcore Star Trek nerds who've been waiting for my announcement of "closed beta day" to drop by, get a firsthand taste, and see if they're interested in subscribing. The result of your approach to this matter is now part of their impression. They've been champing at the bit (and by extension, me) for the past month, and news of this issue is not going down well.

It's possible you consider the hardcore fans who are eager to get any exposure, polished or otherwise, to be a significant potential part of your playerbase. Unfortunately for all parties involved, the first day of closed beta was this demographic's Launch Day.

TL,DR: I wield an exhaustive command of the English language's form and function; To your detriment, your existing Customer Service copywriters and their management team don't; With two weeks' notice, I'm available full-time.
If Cryptic has made one thing painfully clear it's that the people who do the lifetime/6month "special" subscription deals (ie people who give their money up front) are instantly placed in a group called: "We already HAVE your money, who cares what you think". Their attitude is we got you sucker, now we're off to appease the people who's money we DON'T have yet and then neglect the hell out of them too!"

Through this entire Beta debacle (FAR more posts than any MMO beta I've ever seen/been invovled with (7+ to date in including AO... More than Anarchy online for crying out loud!!) No matter what Cryptic says they do not care about the people who's money they already have.

The second you bought "gametime" in advance they pocketed that money and instantly stopped caring what you do/say. Also for the 1 person who can afford to do stuff like buy lifetime accounts and 6mo advance subscriptions there are 100 people who can't. Half of them don't care and the other half are ****ed that you have enough money to do something like that and they don't. Either way at the end they'll insist that your legitimate gripes are just whining or just go malicious on you for existing. If this wasn't the only way into the only MMO that has this story line then I would tell Cryptic to suck it, but as it is they KNOW that the people who love Star Trek will put up with whatever ******ery they want to dish out (because we're hooked) there's no reason for them not to screw us over. 3 months after the game is up only the people who got screwed will remember and it won't affect their bottom line one micro blip.

I for one am staying for Star Trek, but I could walk into a funeral home loudly stomp my way into center of the funeral proceedings, go up to the casket, pull out a stake and mallet for all to see and start pounding the stake into the chest of the recently deceased, in perfect view of his greiving family all the while screaming “Kill the vampire, kill the vampire!!!”. I could then pour gasoline on the corpse, set it alight and urinate the fire out, claw my way up the curtains surrounding the altar and perform a perfect cannonball into the casket spraying wood, flesh and various embalmmants all over the crowd. If I did all those things then stood up dusted myself off and proceeded to grope to the newly widowed wife while sexually gratifying myself on the sleeve of her terrified daughters coat, I *STILL* would have created less of a social faux pas than to ever suggest that one of my friends deal with Cryptic.

- Will play but will NEVER buy Cryptic/Atari products again (glad my worthless Atari stock got delisted off the NAS or I'd just sell it off for pennies anyway)
Lt. Commander
# 1164
12-19-2009, 07:17 AM
For the way cryptic has lied to players this game should be boycotted. They can't give keys to all the players who paid for a guaranteed spot but they can give keys away to some moron on twitter. Companies that do nothing but lie to their customers should go under. Congrats cryptic you've taken fraud to a whole new level. I was waiting for this game to come out but now there is no way I'd waste money on it.
Lt. Commander
# 1165
12-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentek
For the way cryptic has lied to players this game should be boycotted. They can't give keys to all the players who paid for a guaranteed spot but they can give keys away to some moron on twitter. Companies that do nothing but lie to their customers should go under. Congrats cryptic you've taken fraud to a whole new level. I was waiting for this game to come out but now there is no way I'd waste money on it.
Bah, I never got my key , so i will not waste my time. I actually wanted to TEST this game to submit bug reports and whatnot but alas it was not to be. Now i'm not remotely interested in this game. So rather than spew vitriol , I will go quietly into that good night. Good luck trekkers.
Lt. Commander
# 1166
12-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klystron View Post
Bah, I never got my key , so i will not waste my time. I actually wanted to TEST this game to submit bug reports and whatnot but alas it was not to be. Now i'm not remotely interested in this game. So rather than spew vitriol , I will go quietly into that good night. Good luck trekkers.
It's past the point where I should have my beta acces (bought CO 6month) I complained about it and now the "web page" seems to be having problems as it won't update my status (They're looking into it) Probably just another way to push people back to the last minute,...there's most likely a ton of people for whom the web page has mysterious problems. I stand by what I said earlier,...
Lt. Commander
# 1167
12-19-2009, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentek
I think Cryptic heard the community here loud and clear, from CO subs to interiors and Klingon content. For ST and STO fans, why boycott something if the developers already listened and responded? We all want to make STO better, right? Or would you really rather hurt STO and Cryptic? If it's the latter, you're better off playing another MMO.

For the rest of us, we want to help make STO better and support the devs in that process by giving our feedback, regardless of whether it's negative or positive.
Lt. Commander
# 1168
12-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Sweet. I hope I get to check it out.
Lt. Commander
# 1169
12-21-2009, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher_nemo View Post
*sigh*

What does that have to do with this thread titled "Star Trek Online Closed Beta Signups: Taking Applications" Let's keep on topic, please. There are other long, angry threads about SWG and NGE.
:p humph :p

I think you missed this line in my post so i but it again for you
In this i hope it was a lesson for Devs that mabie the wishes of the beta testers should be taken into account.

Oh and iam hopping STO is better that eve but it looks like you missed that line in my post to.
Lt. Commander
# 1170
12-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinns View Post
Oh and iam hopping STO is better that eve but it looks like you missed that line in my post to.
Nope, I did see it. STO will be STO. Comparing it to other MMOs doesn't do it justice. But I will certainly enjoy it more than other MMOs like EVE and WoW, but that's because I hated EVE and was bored with WoW.