Rihannsu
# 21
07-29-2013, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
You can if you use a map dialog. The key is that anything that is placed on the storyboard must happen, so any branch in the story must take place outside the normal storyboard objectives. That said objective can be phrased in such a way that they can work for either way a story goes. The only immutable rule is that once they're done with a map, no choices made will translate to the next map.
I see I need to clarify.

I mean that you can't do it based on a specific dialog choice. For example let's say the Dialog box has the question "Do you choose the Red Pill or the Blue Pill?", AFAIK you can't do a trigger based on whether they choose the dialog button for Red or Blue.

Obviously, there are other ways to do it.

DISCLAIMER: you might be able to sort-of do it by setting the Red Pill option to be a dialog failed, and the Blue Pill option to dialog succeeded, but I'm not sure. But if you do, you can't trigger anything off the Red Pill option(AFAIK).

Wait.... How do you do Dialog failed anyways? I can't seem to get it to work.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.

Last edited by markhawkman; 07-29-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Rihannsu
# 22
07-30-2013, 07:02 AM
Soo.... while i was tinkering I noticed a box on consoles that I don't remember being there before. It had this text in it: "Click to select sound"

WHEN DID THEY ADD THAT FEATURE??!?!?! O_O!
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
07-30-2013, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Soo.... while i was tinkering I noticed a box on consoles that I don't remember being there before. It had this text in it: "Click to select sound"

WHEN DID THEY ADD THAT FEATURE??!?!?! O_O!
It showed up a little after we got the foundry back after LoR. As of yet, only the ambient sounds (from space maps) are available.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 24
08-02-2013, 03:12 PM
Great show guys. I really hope some folks at Cryptic are listening to the feedback.

One thing: Last time I tested the single targ, by reskinning him, the beam in animation came back when the npc was reskinned. Maybe I misheard the tip, since I was doing dishes. Can we now use that targ npc group to get rid of the beam animation for a custom costume?