Lieutenant
# 181 carrier commands
07-31-2013, 09:58 AM
hi like the ideal that fighters can earn experience and level up. do they remember that they are at 5 stars??? will this be going to the doff system?? will the romulans be getting their own carriers??? will the federation be getting any new carriers??how about improving the dreadnought??? are we going to be able to earn our new ship ???
Commander
# 182
08-01-2013, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by softtop97 View Post
Wasn't sure were to place this since this Tread started on the 16th of July and patch came out on the 25th of July. Not sure there was actually enough time to get correct feedback from enough players.

Kikanass Post #165 is true and sounds about what i did myself.

If and only if your a "PVP" player you may like the changes to carrier pets, this is uncertain but these are my opinions and feedback.

Well, to start off with the respawn concept is down the tubes. The concept of the UI is a great one, that should have came out when they made there first Carrier for the game.

My KDF, FED & Romulan all Run carriers as there primary ship. And the UI was a great idea but now just trying to get my kids to live long enough to make it to lvl 2, heal my teammates and myself. "Its nuts considering now my pets don't spawn 3 or 2 at a time now." "Tested drones on Scimitar, Orion Slavers on my Vo'Quv & Elite scorpion fighters, Delta Flyers on my Jem Hadar Dreadnought.

I have a feeling that this update favors the tiny PVP driven compared to the other Large amount of PVE players. ""The math really blows my mind, the needs of the few out way the needs of the many...""
In case you missed it, just wanted to point out that there is no pressing need to get your kids to rank 2 anymore. They first had them starting out weaker and only being of equal strength when they reached level 2 but they decided to remove that after feedback on Tribble. They now start as strong as they were before the update and only grow stronger the longer they survive. A lot of them have had their cooldowns reduced as well.
Rihannsu
# 183
08-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikuruyo View Post
In case you missed it... They now start as strong as they were before the update and only grow stronger the longer they survive...
Oh, see now I *DID* miss this. I was bummed because some of my builds that use Fighters were losing DPS (fighters don't tend to stick around long).

It's good to hear. Thank you.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Commander
# 184
08-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Did pets always have full impulse? Its not in the patch notes, but pets now use full impulse when they've been out of combat for awhile, just like the player. If they always had it, it seems the 12km attack range helps them use it because they now disengage combat if you're too far away.

With that change, the DPS gap for elite scorpions before and after the carrier update is now right on the money. Thanks Cryptic!
Commander
# 185
08-03-2013, 04:20 PM
After the recent patch, I had a couple of smooth AI runs in KASE until today. The fighters were continuously attacking the wrong gateway on the other side of the map. Nothing I could do would get them to attack my current target. That 12km parameter was being ignored entirely.

The Attack target command needs to ignore enemies targetting you. When the command is turned on, it needs to attack whatever you have selected and ignore everything else.

Last edited by ruminate00; 08-03-2013 at 04:23 PM.