Captain
# 11
08-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Hmm... OK I had a look around.

The Foundry now includes an option to create a Romulan toon in the Foundry, but I have no slots to do so, nor will it let me buy some. Perhaps it's not working because I have no dilithium?

Some interesting observations: We can only use doors that are shared by kdf and rom toons.

Tested with my KDF Romulan. I published a mission that cannot be found.

Here's an unfounded bit of speculation. What if the season 8 focus on endgame is really a season focus on Romulan endgame. They'll actually be their own faction. Players can choose to ally or not.

So, I can't find my Romulan mission because I don't have a true Romulan.
Rihannsu
# 12
08-03-2013, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post

Here's an unfounded bit of speculation. What if the season 8 focus on endgame is really a season focus on Romulan endgame. They'll actually be their own faction. Players can choose to ally or not.

Highly unlikely. they have said numerous times, they dont want the playerbase split beyond reds blue so to speak. the whole point of the ally system was to avoid that problem. i cant see why they would throw that out the window the very next season.

there has also been no major updates to fed content in some time and as the main bulk of the playerbase i cant see them adding another non fed update.

the romulan option has most likely crept through before it was ready to be unveiled, or is just bugged, which is no great surprise.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Captain
# 13
08-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
Highly unlikely. they have said numerous times, they dont want the playerbase split beyond reds blue so to speak. the whole point of the ally system was to avoid that problem. i cant see why they would throw that out the window the very next season.

there has also been no major updates to fed content in some time and as the main bulk of the playerbase i cant see them adding another non fed update.

the romulan option has most likely crept through before it was ready to be unveiled, or is just bugged, which is no great surprise.
Yeah, you're probably right, Revo.
Commander
# 14
08-03-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm curious. They said they pushed for LoR because that's what came back top of the list in survey responses. Have they actually released any survey data showing what the playbase asks for (statistically, not just the loudest on the forum). I'm curious what came 2nd and 3rd...

& Rose Tinted Mirror (Fed 31+)
Captain
# 15
08-03-2013, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisscience View Post
I'm curious. They said they pushed for LoR because that's what came back top of the list in survey responses. Have they actually released any survey data showing what the playbase asks for (statistically, not just the loudest on the forum). I'm curious what came 2nd and 3rd...
That poll still exists as far as I know...

I found this: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=379951

I can't find the original poll with the species results. I found a thread in the jupiter force forums

http://jupiterforce.org/showthread.p...yable-Faction&

When I follow through it says I don't have permission to see it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
08-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Hmm... OK I had a look around.

The Foundry now includes an option to create a Romulan toon in the Foundry, but I have no slots to do so, nor will it let me buy some. Perhaps it's not working because I have no dilithium?

Some interesting observations: We can only use doors that are shared by kdf and rom toons.

Tested with my KDF Romulan. I published a mission that cannot be found.

you can't atm. Just tryed you can still only pick between fed and kdf.

There is a Romulan option for ground costumes in the foundry but... well... unless you want them in the survivor clothing... don't get your hopes up
Career Officer
# 17
08-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Quote:
That poll still exists as far as I know...

I found this: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=379951

I can't find the original poll with the species results. I found a thread in the jupiter force forums

http://jupiterforce.org/showthread.p...yable-Faction&

When I follow through it says I don't have permission to see it.
Well, I guess you can see why the Foundry has such low priority.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Captain
# 18
08-03-2013, 10:05 PM
I could care less about the "Klingon Hamlet" stuff (seriously, why add them of all people?) but the rest of that is awesome. Strange how only the new NPC contacts were mentioned in the patch notes ...

I hope the bugs for the new costumes are fixed soon. And we need to be able to use the Reman hull materials on the Romulan ships.
Please fix the Foundry lag!
Captain
# 19
08-04-2013, 12:54 AM
Contacts are nice, but i want the Backlog of costumes that haven't made it foundry side

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......