Career Officer
GRAPHICS HERE! GET YOUR GRAPHICS HERE!

Hi folks, I'm studying to be a graphic designer (self-studying). I figure, while I'm working a blah job while saving up for some classes, I'd be more than happy to make graphics for people (ex. sigs, website banners, wallpaper, emblems/badges, dedication plaque, etc).

This will be done free of charge of course, I just want more practice is all... that and I love doing it. If you want to enhance your community gaming experience, then look no further.

Here are a few rules, nothing bad, I promise!
Due to real life, I can only finish a set amount of products in a limited window of time.

No in-game compensation is required, all I ask is that you don't claim you made the graphic work. What would be a big help, would be to direct others that like whatever it is I made you, to this thread, to my 'how to make a tal' thread, and most importantly to my deviantart site... as that's where you'll be able to download your final piece.

Seeing as the end-products will not be stamped with my signature or logo, they will be yours to use. However, this is only for personal use and not commercial use.

Please be polite when requesting, if you feel that projects are taking too long in regards to your request, please keep in mind that I am doing this in my free time. I do reserve the right to refuse work

___

Please be as specific as possible with your request, sizing, feel, mood, example, etc. The more I have to work with, the closer it will be to your expecations.

Once you have requested your item I will go by the first post you made. I will then upload it to my deviantart folder where you can download it. If its not too much trouble, leave a kind word there if you liked the gift. Request your work in this thread, then just pick it up over at the weblink I'll provide below.

Here's the catch, I won't use premade graphics (unless its screenshots from STO). Everything will be done from scratch, that's so I can practice and you get something unique.

___

TAL's Deviant Art Site

Recent Sample Work:
NC Web Header (draft)
NCDS Badge
NCadam forum sig
___

Current Projects:
1) Nova Core -AdamReynolds sig [COMPLETE] Link
2) Lag Industries- Aquitaine web graphics [COMPLETE] Link
3) thay8472- foundry Mirror Wars sig [COMPLETE] Link
4) bumblebush - forum sig [COMPLETE] Link
5) borgressistance - forum sig, background image, website banner IN PROGRESS
6) marcusdkane - forum sig
7) Bluegeek - website graphics
8) Crusader2007 - website banner
9) Guiliman - secret german sto project banner
10) thay872 - wallpaper
11) lincolninspace - foundry flyer
12) thay8472 - wallpaper
13) JumpingJS - forum sig
14) Horizon - footer graphic
15) Open!
16) Open!

<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE

Last edited by talzerotwo; 08-20-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
08-04-2013, 06:18 AM
Hey TAL!

Would it be possible to commission you for some new banners for our website? The banners are great, we love them! But the site's not really changed in two years, would it be possible to have some new ones?

These are what we have currently:
Main Banner
Others
Others
Others

I know you said you'd do them for free, but i'm sure we can come up with some nice ingame related toys as our thanks
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
08-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Uhmmm...

Don't suppose I could get something (A signature) for my "Mirror Wars" series?
Career Officer
# 4
08-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Hey TAL!

Would it be possible to commission you for some new banners for our website? The banners are great, we love them! But the site's not really changed in two years, would it be possible to have some new ones?

These are what we have currently:
Main Banner
Others
Others
Others

I know you said you'd do them for free, but i'm sure we can come up with some nice ingame related toys as our thanks . Is there a specific size you want for the header?
Yes of course, consider them free for now maybe in the future. Ill sign up there shortly. Now were you looking for something similar? different? what sizes? what sort of theme/feel/mood did you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Uhmmm...

Don't suppose I could get something (A signature) for my "Mirror Wars" series?

Sure I'd love to. Do you happen to have a link to your story? I might also need some screenshots at some point for scrap work. But not before you have that link

Last edited by talzerotwo; 08-04-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Career Officer
# 5
08-04-2013, 02:33 PM
forum sig complete for adam. will start working on lag ind banners with info provided (ie similar banners of same size?

Career Officer
# 6
08-04-2013, 03:26 PM
Yes please!

I dug up this link in case there was anything there of any use. You need only call if you need anything ^_^

As for moods etc it's kinda hard, our colours are red, white and black, the front page banner was originally done as a kind of cross between star trek wall panels and quite businesslike feels.

Last edited by aquitaine985; 08-04-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Commander
# 7
08-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Hi Tal. Great thread!

I was wondering if you can help me out with a little something?

Iv been working on an STO forum signature for about 2 months with PhotoShop, but i just dont no what to do with it I guess i just dont have a big imagination.

(Details) - In my Sig, my background is empty space with stars, and I have my Fed toon with my Omega Fed toon. With some inner and outer glows around my characters, its nothing special and far from finished. You'll see it at the bottom of my post.

What i would like to see in the background behind my fed toon would be a planet, preferably a bluish looking planet. And around the planet would be a bluish glow radiating from the planet. Or a glow that would match the color of the planet.
And coming off the radiating glow, some kind lens flares would be nice. I dont want the whole planet visible in my sig just behind my Fed toon off to the side, like half of it showing.

Thats pretty much it, iv tried doing this exact thing but keep failing horribly.

Hope my description helps, if you need further detail plz let me no!

This is my sig = http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/20...z0-d6c4kdi.jpg

"This is Admiral BumBleBush!..Captain of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"

"This is Fleet Commander BumBle!..
Vice Admiral of the U.S.S. Prometheus!..
I order you to lower your shields and weapons or ill be forced to fire upon you!!!"
Commander
# 8
08-04-2013, 04:12 PM
hello

i must say: what a friendly offer, i'm not good with graphics myself.so i happily use youre offer for it:

i have a few things i would like:

1, a banner for my account, with (if possible) a scimitar involved, i love my kdf-rom scimi, and i would love a banner from it.

i dont know the max allowed size for a forum banner/sign, but if possible max size allowed and a scimitar firing or facing a foe, like the nemesis movie cover. ( http://confusedmatthew.com/images/nemesis621.jpg ) maybe just decloacking, or halfway the decloack procedure, so that the scimitar is 50% from nose to half viseble, and the back still decloacking.

2, my pc lacks a nice custom made background, could you make a nice one with a scimitar?

i have a 22 inch screen, so 1920x 1080 would be great, it is a full hd led screen, so high def/full hd would be awesome! a scimitar firing a thalaron core, or dhc's, to a planet, a green bleu planet like earth. not to dark, also not to bright colors, a dangerous looking, angry all devouring scimitar
perhaps some slayed foe's or scared enemy's far away? i would like to have the scimitar clearly viseble.

3, my fleet is making a site, is there any change you can make a fleet banner aswell?
we are mostly a federation focused fleet, called " alpha squadron" perhaps a defiant and some other well known fed ships facing the person behind the desktop, with the federation of planets logo?

i hope you can do something with it, and considering you do it in youre free and spare time, if its to much, i would love the desktop background as main project, if its not to much, the banner as second, and...if i really dont ask to much, the fleet banner as last

thanks again for this generous offer, and good luck

Last edited by borgressistance; 08-04-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Captain
# 9
08-04-2013, 04:40 PM
That's a fantastic offer If I could request a forum signature featuring Courteney Cox (Cougar Town not Friends) in an STO Captain's uniform, possibly on the bridge of an Intrepid or Sovereign class starship, that would be awesome If not, no worries
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
08-04-2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Sure I'd love to. Do you happen to have a link to your story? I might also need some screenshots at some point for scrap work. But not before you have that link
I sent you a message here on these fourms.