Captain
# 51
08-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the1tigglet View Post
I'm asking if they even mentioned that GW3 needs an upgrade to match what the singulatiry jump does by default in their recent interviews about what's coming next and what they are working on?
Aha.

I never watch those, to be honest. Mostly like filled with PvE talk so I go ahead and ignore the interviews until someone posts the pertinent information.
The first we heard of getting new PvP maps "soon" was in August of 2010. We're consistently told something will be coming with the "next" update. Absolutely nothing has come to PvP since launch.

I think it's finally time Cryptic stopped stringing us along, don't you?
Lt. Commander
# 52
08-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradise1killer View Post
It use to, before f2p, then someone QQ, about GW actually pulling u in like a black hole.

Who would of thought a gravity well that actually effect the space around you making it zone denial.

Lol I remember ships fighting so hard to leave or ship on the edge ****'d side ways but moving another. It was surly a seen and a better play environment. Having obstacles you knew not to fly near, when a expert was droping grav wells.
Sounds interesting.

It would be cool if the range was extended out to like 20K, but of course weakened significantly that far out.

And then maybe add some weak gravity wells around asteroids to make tactical maneuvering a little more interesting. Like in combat flight simulators, if you have altitude you have an advantage, same thing.
Captain
# 53
08-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
Personally I think they should leave Grav well 1/Singularity jump as is, but increase the Pull on Grav Well 2 and Grav Well 3 so that the Max on Grav well 2 would be like -0.60 and the max on GW 3 would be -0.65.. which I'm sure would be a significant pull value..
But I think they don't want Grav Well to be able to pull people in using EPtE or Engine Batteries, but I say why not? I mean Grav Well 3, being a commander level skill, should require extreme measures to escape, right?
why not?
why shouldn't the target need as much of an investment in inertial dampers as the attacker has in grav gens?

is it the fault of people that want to use gw etc if the gtarget ignores the defence to such?
Quote:
Originally Posted by redz4tw View Post
can you say attack pattern angry forumers 3?
Survivor of Romulus
# 54
08-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgresearcher View Post
gw has a limited fire arc

ships with poor turn rate will have a big issue using gw effectively ( if it has any effect )
a 270* arc is not limited at all imo....

as for the difference between gw3 and SJ...IMO GW is meant for damage and (attempted and laughable) crowd control at a distance. where as SJ is more for getting in the thick of things and letting it loose to suck all the enemies closer (close range)

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Career Officer
# 55
08-08-2013, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skollulfr View Post
why not?
why shouldn't the target need as much of an investment in inertial dampers as the attacker has in grav gens?

is it the fault of people that want to use gw etc if the gtarget ignores the defence to such?
I agree they should force people to put points in defense and make GW3 exert the same amount of force as the Rom engine skill does when a science captain has maxed out grav gens.

Right now I haven't put a point in Grav gens because it's completely useless unless you like using TB and even then like 2-3 points in it would be sufficient for most things for TB. So it's really imbalanced in that dept.

They could also do this with the RBs make it so the number in Grav Gen would effect the pushback, if you have 0 in GGen and you use the RB skill it should have almost 0 pushback but if you have Particle Gens stacked it should dramatically improve your damage output for that skill. Same could be said for the Photonic Shockwave, less push more damage.
I would like for the devs to open a poll/feedback thread on what exactly the players would like to see in the near future for the game.